MSU backing down

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

codecat
Member # Retired

Re: MSU backing down

Post by codecat » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:32 pm

allcat wrote:Your numbers would have to assume that season ticket costs would be lower in a 5 game scenario.
Yes, that is correct - and to be honest I don't know if they would be or not. If they were not, I think it would be pushing the high end of things, especially in a year where booster/Bobcat Club fees are going up.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:57 pm

PapaG wrote:Isn't doebrmn a Griz fan? My bad if I interpreted the statement incorrectly. Griz fans aren't having a very good time on this board lately, as evidenced by tampagriz's meltdown at TomCat in the #JohnsonTrial thread.
This evidence?
TomCat88 wrote:FVCK you A$$HOLE!! I never said anything remotely similar to what you're saying. You're illiterate if you think I said that. What a bunch of bullsh*t indeed. Get f'ing lost.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:03 pm

tampa_griz wrote:blah blah blah blah blah
I agree with TomCat. Take your toxic brand of illiteracy somewhere else.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Rich K wrote:I agree with TomCat. Take your toxic brand of illiteracy somewhere else.
What part of his post did I not understand?

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:08 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
Rich K wrote:I agree with TomCat. Take your toxic brand of illiteracy somewhere else.
The part you wanted to misunderstand. Get lost.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Rich K wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
The FVCK you A$$HOLE part? What does it mean?

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by lakesbison » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:49 pm

PapaG wrote:
doebrmn wrote:I am probably the biggest non-Griz fan on the Planet. I was simply pointing out to A&& clown Lakebison that it is pathetic to come onto another school's board whining about it pulling out of a game because of financial consideration when his own school (NDSU) won't play its biggest rivalry game (UND) because of supposed "financial" reasons. Fact is, UND owned NDSU for the last 10 years of the rivalry and it is too chickensh*t to play them and then puts up some BS argument about games with K state, Minnesota and playoff games being bigger draws. Really, since in any game againt FBS schools the otherside fan base could give a rip about the game. And while playoff games are always big, that would be like saying UM or MSU playoff games are bigger than Cat/Griz. Interesting, since all of the attendance records set at both schools are during Cat/Griz. I have been at Griz playoff games where it looks like there are less people than when they play Western State. And the same is true for MSU, which never draws as well for playoff games as Cat/Griz. That is simply a fact of life in lesser populated states. In any game other than the rivalry you have roughly half the people interested. In a rivalry game everyone is interested. But you notice that after I pointed out the fact that NDSU has been ducking UND for going on 10 years Lakebison can no longer be found.
!
HEY butt wipe. UND had a press conference in 2003 stating "NOT TO PLAY NDSU WHEN NDSU WENT D1"

so we have let und lie by their dish for 10 years, its called karma, they are doormats , NDSU is back 2 back natty champs. Funny how NDSU has been just fine without those anchor's around our necks.

both Minnesota-NDSU games had 25000-30000 NDSU fans *10 SECONDS INTO THIS CLIP* [youtube][/youtube] Those FBS games were bigger you dimwit. Im sorry your stupid cousin in grand forks feels shame,

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:23 pm

catatac wrote:
coachouert wrote:
gtapp wrote:If this is a "Money" decision then I would like to see the numbers. How much is SMU paying us? Since they are not a BIG market team and don't have big market revenues how much can they afford? I heard we got somewhere around $600K for the Michigan State game a few years back but I would assume this game payout is pretty small.
$300,000 is the payout from SMU.
Still just seems strange. So that leaves us 200K after the payout... and then we have to pay travel expenses on that... are we even going to make much on this? Chalk it up to an expensive recruiting trip I suppose.
You are leaving out the extra home game that is going to be scheduled.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:29 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
Rich K wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
The FVCK you A$$HOLE part? What does it mean?
It meant you were being a F***** A****** in his opinion, I'd guess.

Can't disagree with it, either. Even after TomCat repeatedly clarified his already obvious opinion, your meltdown continued.

It was epic, so thank you for that, but didn't you first post B***S**t to him even after he tried to talk you off of the ledge?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:34 pm

PapaG wrote:It meant you were being a F***** A******
:D Meltdown indeed.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Fellow Cat fans. Please quit responding to tampa. It's been painful to read the beatdown he has been administering to some of you home-dogs. All of you who have been getting shined by this guy are starting to make the entire fanbase look ridiculous and pathetic.

PS. In regards to the Great Bison Backdown...They're the National Champs. We were scheduled to go to their place and throw down. We (PF and the coaching staff) watched the NC game, noticed that our lips were quivering and our bowels involuntarily loosened, and got on the horn the next day scurrying around trying to find a game - any game - to replace them with. We need a new AD.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 pm

and when I say "we" I mean (in addition to PF and the coaches) me and the mouse in my fanny pack.

doebrmn
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by doebrmn » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:49 pm

[quote="lakesbison"][quote="PapaG"][quote="doebrmn"]I am probably the biggest non-Griz fan on the Planet. I was simply pointing out to A&& clown Lakebison that it is pathetic to come onto another school's board whining about it pulling out of a game because of financial consideration when his own school (NDSU) won't play its biggest rivalry game (UND) because of supposed "financial" reasons. Fact is, UND owned NDSU for the last 10 years of the rivalry and it is too chickensh*t to play them and then puts up some BS argument about games with K state, Minnesota and playoff games being bigger draws. Really, since in any game againt FBS schools the otherside fan base could give a rip about the game. And while playoff games are always big, that would be like saying UM or MSU playoff games are bigger than Cat/Griz. Interesting, since all of the attendance records set at both schools are during Cat/Griz. I have been at Griz playoff games where it looks like there are less people than when they play Western State. And the same is true for MSU, which never draws as well for playoff games as Cat/Griz. That is simply a fact of life in lesser populated states. In any game other than the rivalry you have roughly half the people interested. In a rivalry game everyone is interested. But you notice that after I pointed out the fact that NDSU has been ducking UND for going on 10 years Lakebison can no longer be found.[/quote]
![/quote]

HEY butt wipe. UND had a press conference in 2003 stating "NOT TO PLAY NDSU WHEN NDSU WENT D1"

so we have let und lie by their dish for 10 years, its called karma, they are doormats , NDSU is back 2 back natty champs. Funny how NDSU has been just fine without those anchor's around our necks.

both Minnesota-NDSU games had 25000-30000 NDSU fans *10 SECONDS INTO THIS CLIP* [youtube][/youtube] Those FBS games were bigger you dimwit. Im sorry your stupid cousin in grand forks feels shame,[/quote]

Are you serious. Are you really that stupid. The NDSU-UM game was in Minnesota. Guess what moron, your fans just dumped a ton of money in the pockets of Minnesota. That does nothing for NDSU. And meantime, 90% of Minnesota could give a sh*t about the game and was likely watching reruns of Coach. Whereas, when NDSU played UND the whole state was interested in the game. Just because the tin can you play in can't hold 25,000 people, the 18,700 that show up for the game, along with the thousands of the NDSU and UND fans that tune into the game at local bars and resturants provide revenue to businesses across North Dakota, dip sh*t.

And again, as I pointed out to you with something called "proof" rather than your stupid self-serving statements, UND stopped playing NDSU because NDSU would not (and still won't) agree to play every year because they are chickensh*t (but of course, as stated by NDSU's AD it is using the financial excuse). Well of course its financially better for NDSU to play ever other year and try to force UND to come to their house. But since finacial logic escapes you and you come on here whining like a b*tch calling out the players and coaches of MSU, we can just leave it at the fact that it is UNDISPUTED NDSU WILL NOT AGREE TO PLAY UND EVERY YEAR, ERGO NDSU MUST BE CHICKENSH*T. Here in Montana, whether you are a Cat or a Griz (although their was a few years when a few Griz fans starting spewing out the same moronic drivel as you), you understand that a rivalry game that has been played for 120 year is a h*ll of lot more important to the State than playing any other team in the country. Why, because the whole state cares about the game and it provides revenue across the state to Montana businesses.

But hey, keep coming back with your A&& clown comments because you are really living up to the North Dakota stereo-type.

GoCats23
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GoCats23 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:07 am

doebrmn wrote:
lakesbison wrote:
PapaG wrote:
doebrmn wrote:I am probably the biggest non-Griz fan on the Planet. I was simply pointing out to A&& clown Lakebison that it is pathetic to come onto another school's board whining about it pulling out of a game because of financial consideration when his own school (NDSU) won't play its biggest rivalry game (UND) because of supposed "financial" reasons. Fact is, UND owned NDSU for the last 10 years of the rivalry and it is too chickensh*t to play them and then puts up some BS argument about games with K state, Minnesota and playoff games being bigger draws. Really, since in any game againt FBS schools the otherside fan base could give a rip about the game. And while playoff games are always big, that would be like saying UM or MSU playoff games are bigger than Cat/Griz. Interesting, since all of the attendance records set at both schools are during Cat/Griz. I have been at Griz playoff games where it looks like there are less people than when they play Western State. And the same is true for MSU, which never draws as well for playoff games as Cat/Griz. That is simply a fact of life in lesser populated states. In any game other than the rivalry you have roughly half the people interested. In a rivalry game everyone is interested. But you notice that after I pointed out the fact that NDSU has been ducking UND for going on 10 years Lakebison can no longer be found.
!

both Minnesota-NDSU games had 25000-30000 NDSU fans *10 SECONDS INTO THIS CLIP* [youtube][/youtube] Those FBS games were bigger you dimwit. Im sorry your stupid cousin in grand forks feels shame,
Are you serious. Are you really that stupid. The NDSU-UM game was in Minnesota. Guess what moron, your fans just dumped a ton of money in the pockets of Minnesota. That does nothing for NDSU. And meantime, 90% of Minnesota could give a sh*t about the game and was likely watching reruns of Coach. Whereas, when NDSU played UND the whole state was interested in the game. Just because the tin can you play in can't hold 25,000 people, the 18,700 that show up for the game, along with the thousands of the NDSU and UND fans that tune into the game at local bars and resturants provide revenue to businesses across North Dakota, dip sh*t.

And again, as I pointed out to you with something called "proof" rather than your stupid self-serving statements, UND stopped playing NDSU because NDSU would not (and still won't) agree to play every year because they are chickensh*t (but of course, as stated by NDSU's AD it is using the financial excuse). Well of course its financially better for NDSU to play ever other year and try to force UND to come to their house. But since finacial logic escapes you and you come on here whining like a b*tch calling out the players and coaches of MSU, we can just leave it at the fact that it is UNDISPUTED NDSU WILL NOT AGREE TO PLAY UND EVERY YEAR, ERGO NDSU MUST BE CHICKENSH*T. Here in Montana, whether you are a Cat or a Griz (although their was a few years when a few Griz fans starting spewing out the same moronic drivel as you), you understand that a rivalry game that has been played for 120 year is a h*ll of lot more important to the State than playing any other team in the country. Why, because the whole state cares about the game and it provides revenue across the state to Montana businesses.

But hey, keep coming back with your A&& clown comments because you are really living up to the North Dakota stereo-type.
Not sure what happened to your quote of lb, but I can't figure it out so I'll leave it. I grew up in Minnesota and followed Gopher football some. I know for a fact the only people from MN that cared about the NDSU-UM-TC game were people with ties to NDSU. They don't care what happens in their games. Gophers fans are interested in two games a year and that's it. Their two rivalry games, Iowa and Wisconsin. I know some consider Michigan a rival since there's a trophy but it's not an important game to Minnesota. So you can say all you want about Gopher fans being down about losing to NDSU but it reality they don't give a crap about it, they care when they lose to Iowa and Wisconsin, other than that they can hardly put anyone besides season ticket holders in their brand new stadium.