I confess this about the Cats ...

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: I confess this about the Cats ...

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Oh man. GoScatsGo, I strongly disagree with you. Half my friends and relatives are Cat fans. I was at a blue-and-gold hosted tailgate at yesterday's pre-game and half-time. There's nobody who wanted a Griz win more badly than me. There are jerk fans who populate both stadiums and who wear both sets of colors. It so easy too start generalizing about both sets of fans based on the behavior of the jerks. I plead guilty to not clarifying in my post at the top of this thread that the drunk chick behind me who was screaming obscenities and the two dudes in front of me who were taunting a kid with a Griz hat were the only people I saw behaving like that. I did find it strange, though, that hardly anybody in my section gave a respectful round of applause to the injured Griz player. Maybe the same would have happened in Missoula with an injured Cat player ... I don't know.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:11 pm

I've always suspected that the fans (from either side) who think the great majority of the fans on the other side are a**holes, probably are not the most upstanding fans themselves, and may just have some behavior that brings out the worst in everyone around them.

Bobcat_Mouw
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bobcat_Mouw » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:35 pm

I will admit that I was a Cat fan yesterday at numerous Griz fans; however the vast majority of them deserved it after they taunted me or friends. In particular three Griz fans came walking through the student section and starting taunting the student body, that's when I call BS and start doing something about it. That is our stadium, our student section and I will defend it and tell those taunting our student section in our stadium to get the F out and get the H out. I think it would look worse if Cat fans stood by and did nothing while people take jabs at us and taunt us at our venue; it's a matter of pride.

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Bobcat Mouw, in my honest opinion, your comments include examples of the attitude that perpetuates the problem. Jerk Griz fans who walk through the Cat student section are just jerks. By the way, would it shock you to learn that similar things happen in Missoula. And some members of the home crowd in Missoula rise to the bait, just like you did. This attitude about "our stadium" and "our student section" and protecting "our turf" against invaders who come into "our house" ... yada yada yada. It's a football game. It's a public facility. The old boys who landed at Omaha Beach or who fought the Battle of the Bulge would laugh and shake their heads at the silliness of your purported bravado. Cool down. Ignore idiots who walk the public aisles of public stadiums and enjoy the football game. When you naively rise to the bait, you help ruin the experience for all Cat and Griz fans.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Wow, for a team who has such an amazing history of winning, I was blown away at how stupid and rude some griz fans were. We played like crap, but after they game I was walking out and two guys in griz gear walked up a young lady and started yelling in her face that the Cats sucked and that the griz were the Champs. Lucky for her I just happened to be walking by as those guys did this. I spoke up, shouted at them, and they felt the need to say a few things to me. As I approach them, they decided to get out of there as fast as they could. If you are such a dominate team, win and walk away. There is nothing else to prove if you are that good. Some of my best friends are griz fans, and I respect them because they are the people that look at me and say, tough loss, maybe next time. I have no respect for most of the griz fans that I say yesterday during and after the game. You have a winning tradition yes. There is a difference between "PRIDE" and "ARROGANCE" though. Be prideful and I think I would have some more respect for griz fans. Even the bandwagon fans.

Punters are people too!!

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:30 pm

GoCats18, I am sure that the majority of the 5,000 Griz fans in the stadium yesterday acted like jerks, just as you said. I know that I tried to be a jerk, just so as not to disappoint you and to live up to our proven reputation as Griz fans. By the way, as you would suspect, after the Cat win in Missoula last year, I did not witness a single instance of rude behavior by any Cat fans. Not a single taunting jerk among the blue and gold. Everyone knows it's a one sided deal where the Griz fans are jerks and the Cat fans are a total lass act, models of gentleman chivalry, right down to the very last fan.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:12 pm

I didn't have any problems, yeah I heard a few comments, and I gave a few comments, but didn't see anything over the top on either side.

The one thing I noticed was all the garbage on the ground in the tailgate lot after the game. Completely unbelievable, beer cans, warmer wrappers and other junk, I have never seen it that bad. I don't know why it was so bad this time, but the only thing I can think of was we had a lot of guest in dark pink yesterday and evidently they don't know or care what garbage sacks are for.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:15 pm

cats2506 wrote:I didn't have any problems, yeah I heard a few comments, and I gave a few comments, but didn't see anything over the top on either side.

The one thing I noticed was all the garbage on the ground in the tailgate lot after the game. Completely unbelievable, beer cans, warmer wrappers and other junk, I have never seen it that bad. I don't know why it was so bad this time, but the only thing I can think of was we had a lot of guest in dark pink yesterday and evidently they don't know or care what garbage sacks are for.
If you're right, then I'm embarrassed as a Griz fan. I attended a tailgate hosted by gracious Cat fans. I have always said the Cat tailgate set-up is far better than the tailgate set-up in Missoula (you guys know how to do it right). Right next to our tailgate was a trash can that I used early and often (deposited several empty beverage containers there).

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
cats2506 wrote:I didn't have any problems, yeah I heard a few comments, and I gave a few comments, but didn't see anything over the top on either side.

If you're right, then I'm embarrassed as a Griz fan. I attended a tailgate hosted by gracious Cat fans. I have always said the Cat tailgate set-up is far better than the tailgate set-up in Missoula (you guys know how to do it right). Right next to our tailgate was a trash can that I used early and often (deposited several empty beverage containers there).
Yeah I am not saying that I saw fizz fans throwing down trash or anything, we always have several bags around the tailgate. It wasn't just our area, but all along the roadway in the booster lot. I don't know really if it was them or not but usually its pretty clean after the game.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:38 pm

Bobcat_Mouw wrote:I will admit that I was a Cat fan yesterday at numerous Griz fans; however the vast majority of them deserved it after they taunted me or friends. In particular three Griz fans came walking through the student section and starting taunting the student body, that's when I call BS and start doing something about it. That is our stadium, our student section and I will defend it and tell those taunting our student section in our stadium to get the F out and get the H out. I think it would look worse if Cat fans stood by and did nothing while people take jabs at us and taunt us at our venue; it's a matter of pride.
Ha! That could've been my brother and a friend of ours. I hope so.

Honestly though, we surely weren't trying to go to the student section, I had no idea that they moved it to the end zone. We were in the standing room only section by the endzone for a few plays that we could hardly see and noticed that up high in the end zone there was almost noone up high, so we thought we could Bob Uecker our way to a better vantage. When we walked up some people directed us over that way, so we went, what the hell. So we stayed there for the first half.

Now for my part I would claim that I did absolutely nothing that would constitute taunting. Yes I sang "Up With Montana", did the first down cheer and altogether screamed loudly when the Cats were on offense, but that is just what Griz fans do. And I understand the Cat fans didn't like that, especially given the circumstances. And my friend did often request a cheer without cursing every time he heard "F-you Grizzlies, go Cats go", which was a lot. But I don't get too easily offended, and didn't mind the f-bombs or the middle fingers. Wouldn't have it any other way. But your narrative suggests maybe something physical which definitely didn't happen where I was. So it might be someone else.

Overall, I would say that I enjoyed my experience Saturday in Bobcat Stadium almost as much as anything. Almost as good as the birth of my twins. :D

Mouw, lemme know if you are coming to Missoula in four weeks, beers'll be on me for all the distress I (may have) caused.

"GD it, PETAns piss me off!
Were never gonna end up with a stupid eagle or a faggy bobcat as a mascot!"
Cartman

kdigz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by kdigz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:17 am

crackgina wrote:Sounds like you got to see what most Cat fans are like.
weak. try harder.

60% of the time, it works every time

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:16 am

ImagineSanta wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:Griz Nationalist... You are fighting a losing battle.

Kittie fans have always been rediculas with the way they act. But you will never get them to say that. I went to every griz/cat game from 1981 to 2000, and having assholes around at msu was the norm not the exception.

Both teams have terrible fans, but kat fans take it to a new level. What they dont understand is that there is alot of fun to be had with a good ribbing... kat fans dont know what that means. Give each other crap during the game and then buy each other a beer after the game, its what college football should be.

When is the last time you say a sign on a business in Missoula that said "F off cat fans"? Like the ones that are previlant in bozeman.

Enough said...
You degrade our team and expect us to take the high road because you are to big of a d-bag to do the same. You cry, bitch, and moan about how we hurt your feelings and then call us "kitties," "pussies," and "scats." The irony of your posting is enormous.
How about a tall, tasty glass of STFU:
Yeah, scats is a bitch. Nice post.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:34 pm

Bump

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:58 pm

PapaG wrote:Bump
I've kind of forgotten how much a despise Go Scats Go. I sincerely hope he isn't like this in real life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:08 am

What....... This isn't real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:12 am

Did I see it mentioned in another thread that GSG is Payton, the mod from egriz? If that's the case......shows why that place is a cesspool.

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Jobu » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:22 am

Ummm...Why was this thread bumped again??

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:29 am

I guess to remind everyone what kind of person Scats is.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:08 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:I guess to remind everyone what kind of person Scats is.
Yep. Sorry to call out one of your Griz pals, Jobu.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:39 am

Give peace a chance brothers and sisters!

Happy Easter to all.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber