The Romans and the griz

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MashTun
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: The Romans and the griz

Post by MashTun » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:36 am

ABQCat wrote:I keep hoping more people would want to play along with this thread. I could be writing volumes on this subject but I'm holding back. Here's another example that will hopefully get the ball rolling with some other posters that enjoy Roman history:

Pflugrad is actaully Nero. Recall that during a time when fires were ravaging Rome in 64AD, it is believed the Nero just simply played his violin and let everything burn to the ground. Ultimately, Nero's own Senate finally turned on him and flogged him to death in 68AD.
ImageImageImage
I love reading this thread too. I love history, but not really up on ancient Rome. History and a good laugh, not a bad deal. 8)

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." - Dave Barry

ABQCat

Post by ABQCat » Wed May 02, 2012 1:31 pm

Even for a smack board my best ideas are fully inappropriate given the current climate. I think I'll take a pass for now. :-^

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by asstastic » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:26 pm

This is a great comparison, agree all the way =D^

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

kdigz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by kdigz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:37 pm

so glad you resurrected this thread. Loved it last year. Love it now. Hopefully, the game goes a bit differently this saturday. :oops:

60% of the time, it works every time

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:08 am

So if the Griz are Rome would the cats be Custer?

I am sure I could whip up a paragraph or two about the similarities between the Battle of the Little Big Horn and the incessant losing you guys have done over the last 40 years.

Hmmmmmm

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

kdigz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by kdigz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:07 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:So if the Griz are Rome would the cats be Custer?

I am sure I could whip up a paragraph or two about the similarities between the Battle of the Little Big Horn and the incessant losing you guys have done over the last 40 years.

Hmmmmmm
I don't think you need to do that much work Alpha. Last year's destruction of the Cats seems to be more than sufficient of an allegory for the Big Horn. Too over-confident. Underestimated the power of the opponent. Relied on statistics and tangibles. Went to battle without sufficient preparation. I have only been going to Cat/Griz games since 1995, and I have never seen a Cat team as unprepared as last year. Their over confidence was palpable. Sure the Cats have been destroyed by the Griz in the past, but never (that I can remember) has the defeat been because the Cats have overlooked their opponent. And even if you don't care who wins or loses, last year's game was not a fun one to watch. I hope this year's game is better...and that the Cats win.

60% of the time, it works every time

ABQCat

Post by ABQCat » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:37 pm

kdigz wrote:

Hmmmmmm
I don't think you need to do that much work Alpha. Last year's destruction of the Cats seems to be more than sufficient of an allegory for the Big Horn. Too over-confident. Underestimated the power of the opponent. Relied on statistics and tangibles. Went to battle without sufficient preparation. I have only been going to Cat/Griz games since 1995, and I have never seen a Cat team as unprepared as last year. Their over confidence was palpable. Sure the Cats have been destroyed by the Griz in the past, but never (that I can remember) has the defeat been because the Cats have overlooked their opponent. And even if you don't care who wins or loses, last year's game was not a fun one to watch. I hope this year's game is better...and that the Cats win.
Ahhh... you made it too easy on him. Comparing last year's Cat/jizz game to the Battle of Little Bighorn is actually insightful and worthy of this thread. What AJ1 did was compare the last 40 years which is just plain stupid, ignorant and misses that analogy completely. For starters, we've won 2 national championships and 10 conference championships in that time period.

You guys pulled me back here to soon! Anyone who thinks Delaney and the current state of jizz athletics doesn't fit nicely in this story is sadly mistaken. I'm going to wait for a win this Saturday before I hit the launch button. Stand by.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:36 pm

kdigz wrote:

Hmmmmmm
You also have to add that Custers defeat was pretty much the end of that way of life for the plains Indians.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:08 pm

cats2506 wrote:
kdigz wrote:

Hmmmmmm
You also have to add that Custers defeat was pretty much the end of that way of life for the plains Indians.
:idea: :-k

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: