A question for all kitty fans...

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:36 pm

bear, looks like someone has a serious case of Cat envy, why else would you be watching our games?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:38 pm

Swilly3224 wrote:This black eye You speak of....Do u mean around the nation Griz fans are looked upon as arrogant and fairweather???
We definately aren't the only ones who dislike Griz fans, trust me. I know you guys like to think that Cat fans are the only crazy people who think Griz fans are less than desirable, but it simply isn't so. :shock:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:31 pm

bearBAC wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
NenJ44MT wrote:Celtic Cat what i said werent all directed at you but just a question what are the numbers for the cat attendance for their record breaking, and another thing you saying the griz fans being unloyal or cocky and overconfident may be true in some circumstances but how uncocky and classy would your bobcat fans be if they had the sucess montana has had in the last decade????
I think the point many people are making is that if MSU had been winning for 16 years in a row, there probably WOULD be a lot of obnoxious "MSU fans." They are the same people who are currently obnoxious Griz fans. The core fanbases of both schools are way more grounded than the bandwagon folks who climb on when times are good and end up doing most of the smack talking. I think it's that very group that has given the Griz fanbase a black eye in the opinion of many people (yes, even outside of Montana).

Then Tell us why your 1st non Griz-Cat sellout in 20 years was so pathetic as far a your fan base goes?

Last year at your "Home comming game", you started out with 12,500 fans in the seats, then being down by a bunch, 9,000 of those "BANDWAGON" fans never returned to the stadium after half time! It was televised and I have the tape , the announcers were astonished at the lack of class and belief in their team the so called kitty fans showed?

Would you like a copy?
I would like for you to learn how to spell Homecoming, mostly ... mostly.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:34 pm

Swilly3224 wrote:This black eye You speak of....Do u mean around the nation Griz fans are looked upon as arrogant and fairweather???
Well, not necessarily "around the nation," as 99% of the sports fans in the nation don't know a Griz fan from a hole in the ground (and they don't care). Among that other 1%... yeah, there are a few people who have been turned off by bad experiences with obnoxious fans claiming to be fans of the Griz.

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:15 am

Hell's Bells wrote:
Re/Max Griz wrote:Hey Grizh8tr,

How 'bout them Griz? Did you see them on ESPN2 tonight? 8)

We're dancin' baby! Go Griz!
A dare you to say that after you get killed by the dukes of the world :lol:
I'd be happy to! We get one more game, and don't tell me that you cat fans are happy the kitties aren't the team that's playing against Illinois/Duke/Arizona/whoever.

mquast53000
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by mquast53000 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:39 am

bearBAC wrote: Then Tell us why your 1st non Griz-Cat sellout in 20 years was so pathetic as far a your fan base goes?

Last year at your "Home comming game", you started out with 12,500 fans in the seats, then being down by a bunch, 9,000 of those "BANDWAGON" fans never returned to the stadium after half time! It was televised and I have the tape , the announcers were astonished at the lack of class and belief in their team the so called kitty fans showed?

Would you like a copy?
bearBAC were you at the 2002 Cat/Griz game? At halftime in a close game all the Griz fans left! The stadium was half empty during the 2nd half, and we were playing for the Big Sky Title. So while you make comments about the Cat fans, why don't you tell us about your ADD Griz fans?

FTG

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:03 am

Re/Max Griz wrote:
Hell's Bells wrote:
Re/Max Griz wrote:Hey Grizh8tr,

How 'bout them Griz? Did you see them on ESPN2 tonight? 8)

We're dancin' baby! Go Griz!
A dare you to say that after you get killed by the dukes of the world :lol:
I'd be happy to! We get one more game, and don't tell me that you cat fans are happy the kitties aren't the team that's playing against Illinois/Duke/Arizona/whoever.
sorry....only people who can talk this kind of smack are weber state fans..as much as it chaps me i dont think illinois/duke/sisters of charity will need even their bench to beat msu...all you have to do is host a game with a nba 3 point line and just sit back and relax!

This space for rent....

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:08 am

bearBAC wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
NenJ44MT wrote:Celtic Cat what i said werent all directed at you but just a question what are the numbers for the cat attendance for their record breaking, and another thing you saying the griz fans being unloyal or cocky and overconfident may be true in some circumstances but how uncocky and classy would your bobcat fans be if they had the sucess montana has had in the last decade????
I think the point many people are making is that if MSU had been winning for 16 years in a row, there probably WOULD be a lot of obnoxious "MSU fans." They are the same people who are currently obnoxious Griz fans. The core fanbases of both schools are way more grounded than the bandwagon folks who climb on when times are good and end up doing most of the smack talking. I think it's that very group that has given the Griz fanbase a black eye in the opinion of many people (yes, even outside of Montana).

Then Tell us why your 1st non Griz-Cat sellout in 20 years was so pathetic as far a your fan base goes?

Would you like a copy?
i was there and for the record...all the fans that were not at the game were possibly tailgating, (for bear's purpose drinking beers). are you sure it was 9,000 fans that did not show back up. Judging from your numbers bear that would mean about 3/4's of the fans did nto show back up to the game after half time. ANYONE SEE THE ERROR IN THIS LOGIC! wait a minute i dont expect any logic out of bear, just a paragraph of words that dont even make sence in a lame attempt at "smacking" bob"kitten" fans.

This space for rent....