Buy me some Craker Jack!

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Buy me some Craker Jack!

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:37 pm

I did something I've never done before. I jumped on a band wagon! And it's amazing. Like the first time with Peggy Sue...not sure it's right or even if I'll see her again, but it's a rush! Here's the other thing, it's not gonna hurt one bit if "my team" loses. No emotional attachment. I just jumped on for the party...instant gratification. And it's cheap! No $27.00 fitted cap, no financial obligation, no chance of a nervous breakdown. Hell, I just went down to Big 5 and dumped $7.50 on one of those cheapo polyester caps with the plastic adjustable band on the back; I don't have to pay for the wagon, I don't have to fix the wagon, I don't even have to pull the wagon. Just put on my new cap, open a beer and jump on the wagon. Based on the number of shiny new caps I'm seeing around, I suddenly have a bunch of new temporary really close friends to high-five!
Anyway, here I go, wish me luck; 1-2-3 GO CUBS!!!!!

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Buy me some Craker Jack!

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:56 pm

Go Cubs

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:29 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:Go Cubs
Of everyone, I knew you'd be there for me. :suds:

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:56 pm

I'm going to Chicago next weekend for business....missed the MLB signup deadline for ticket drawings :twisted:

Did put my name in the world series ticket pool though \:D/

Quite literally a once-in-a-lifetime experience should it happen! Worth another trip to Chicago.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:01 pm

Welcome aboard! The more the merrier! I hope that you stay on the band wagon for a very long time as that would mean the Cubs are still in it. If they win it all maybe you'll be hooked for life.
I have waited for over 50 years and when it comes to emotional investment I'll admit that somewhere back there I quit investing much emotion in my hope for the Cubs, but still there is more pep in my step this Fall than in quite a while.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:48 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:Welcome aboard! The more the merrier! I hope that you stay on the band wagon for a very long time as that would mean the Cubs are still in it. If they win it all maybe you'll be hooked for life.
I have waited for over 50 years and when it comes to emotional investment I'll admit that somewhere back there I quit investing much emotion in my hope for the Cubs, but still there is more pep in my step this Fall than in quite a while.
You gotta know about the "Back to the Future" Chicago Cub thing, right? Pretty amazing. Those who don't should look it up. I'll try to make some space for you. :wink:

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Oh yeah my daughter pointed it out to me almost a month ago. She's a bigger movie fan than Cub fan but she knew that I would like to be reminded of that. She tries to keep her Dad happy.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:56 am

Lifelong Cubs Fan. Got the chance to go to a game this summer at Wrigley.
Whatever the outcome of this season has been, it's been a great year. And look out - the Cubs are young, and they're only getting better.

Triple C
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Triple C » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:18 pm

I've been a Cubbies "fan" ever since Ryne Sandberg joined their lineup... Former Helena Phillie 78 or 79? Don't recall which year (or maybe it was both?), but remember going to several games with my dad. Minor leagues were fun then, with the Phillie Phanatic, Max Patkin, etc. coming to town every once in a while.

Go Cubbies! Wrigley is one stop on my bucket list...

Stitt: "Griz got 5 best in state. Small Montana class, but quality" Translation? "We didn't want all of the ones we offered"

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:58 pm

We are Giants fans but do like the Cubbies and took Amtrak to Chicago for the final four games of the "94" srike season. It was a great time. We plan on going back.
We were able to go to Harry Caray's restaurant on our last night there. He came in for dinner , sat in the next table and we were able to talk to him and get his autograph.
Gotta go to Wrigley if you get a chance.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.