Inflategate

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Inflategate

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:35 am

Witch hunt anyone?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:43 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:@richeisen: So @RapSheet now reporting only ONE Patriots football from AFC title game was 2PSI below legal limit. 10 other footballs just "a tick" below
As in most of this stuff, we'll never really get to see all of the facts.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:46 pm

allcat wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:@richeisen: So @RapSheet now reporting only ONE Patriots football from AFC title game was 2PSI below legal limit. 10 other footballs just "a tick" below
And football is relatively unaffected by inflation of the ball itself. I still contend it's much ado about nothing and sour grapes from the colts

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:50 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:
And football is relatively unaffected by inflation of the ball itself. I still contend it's much ado about nothing and sour grapes from the colts
Then what do you make of the patriot's amazing ability to not fumble the ball since 2007?

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:51 pm

91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:
Then what do you make of the patriot's amazing ability to not fumble the ball since 2007?
Better coaching and technique? :shrug:

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:52 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:56 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:
Better coaching and technique? :shrug:
To be first in the league by a slight margin would be good coaching.

To lead the league by 40 fumbles is not just good coaching, it's either an act of God, or something fishy, and it's naive to think otherwise.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:58 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:Image

Cute. I see it's not just libs who learned their debate techniques from Sal Alinsky.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:00 pm

91catAlum wrote:

Cute. I see it's not just libs who learned their debate techniques from Sal Alinsky.

Ohhhh.... Them's fightin' words

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:02 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Haha you're right, that was a low blow. I take it back.

But I'm still not buying the patriots are innocent here. Their fumble rate is too much of an outlier.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:11 pm

91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Haha you're right, that was a low blow. I take it back.

But I'm still not buying the patriots are innocent here. Their fumble rate is too much of an outlier.

Maybe they have pay incentives associated with protecting the football. Maybe it's a genuine focus of the team. I don't know. :shrug: I just have a hard time seeing how 2 psi would make any difference if at all. If you've got a football at home. Try it and see if you think it makes a difference. I can't tell. Furthermore, football is won by teams who are better at blocking and tackling. Sure turnovers can change outcomes, but rarely do when one team performs the fundamentals better than the other. Honestly, this is just nothing.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:22 pm

If it were isolated, then I say so what. They have actually been caught several times in the past. If this were Hilary, would you say it's just sour grapes, or off with her head? I thought the tackle eligible stuff was fantastic, because it was within the rules.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:39 pm

allcat wrote:If it were isolated, then I say so what. They have actually been caught several times in the past. If this were Hilary, would you say it's just sour grapes, or off with her head? I thought the tackle eligible stuff was fantastic, because it was within the rules.
Well, it's not Hillary. And what's the several times? I thought it was just once with the filming thing. Anyway, while its good to stay vigilant and keep a watchful eye over past rule breakers, reaching for something like this seems ridiculous to me.

It's kind of like what was made of Bush continuing to read to the kids during 9/11.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:51 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:If it were isolated, then I say so what. They have actually been caught several times in the past. If this were Hilary, would you say it's just sour grapes, or off with her head? I thought the tackle eligible stuff was fantastic, because it was within the rules.
Well, it's not Hillary. And what's the several times? I thought it was just once with the filming thing. Anyway, while its good to stay vigilant and keep a watchful eye over past rule breakers, reaching for something like this seems ridiculous to me.

It's kind of like what was made of Bush continuing to read to the kids during 9/11.
When the guy magically decided to brush the snow off before the winning field goal, do you think he just decided to do that on his own? That was against the rules, but once again, how do you knock someone out of the Superbowl after the game is done?

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:58 pm

Sooooooo. If 2lbs makes a difference (I personally find it hard to believe) they would have had to play with the one ball the whole game.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:01 pm

If that latest tweet is true, that there was only 1 ball that was 2lbs low and the rest were just a smidge low, then I agree it's nothing.

But if the initial information is true, that 11 of 12 were at least 2 lbs low, then i believe there really is something to this.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:02 pm

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu May 07, 2015 12:19 pm

Bump. Wells report finally came out. This doesn't look good at all for Tom Brady. If you haven't read the report, read from about page 100 thru 125. The text messages between the equipment guys is pretty damning.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... unishment/

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu May 07, 2015 12:57 pm

I recommend reading the text exchange in a thick Boston accent. It's waay funnier

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu May 07, 2015 3:20 pm

The BIG problem I have with this is that the KEY WORDS here is that the Pats have CHEATED. I really don't care if they had won by a record shutout score of 223-0, they have probably been caught cheating. The irony is that they didn't need to cheat. But they felt that the rules needed to be bent as to get an advantage.....
Just as I will always feel that "Hammering" Henry Aaron will always be the true home run king.....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.