Inflategate

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Inflategate

Post by allcat » Fri May 15, 2015 7:39 am

John K wrote:
allcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:If you believe the NFL is show business and there's no such thing as bad press in show business, then this is right up your alley. Look at the attention this is getting. The NBA and NHL playoffs are going on, but this is getting all the headlines.
The NBA is still alive?
Actually, I think the NBA is more popular right now, than it's ever been.
How are the Sonics doing?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri May 15, 2015 7:41 am

allcat wrote:
John K wrote:
allcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:If you believe the NFL is show business and there's no such thing as bad press in show business, then this is right up your alley. Look at the attention this is getting. The NBA and NHL playoffs are going on, but this is getting all the headlines.
The NBA is still alive?
Ah...so that explains why you don't like the NBA.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri May 15, 2015 7:51 am

John K wrote:
allcat wrote:
John K wrote:
allcat wrote:
The NBA is still alive?
Actually I stopped liking them long before that. I found the games boring and predictable. I watched Jordan travel all the time and never get called for it. There is a reason the stars never foul out.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri May 15, 2015 8:04 am

allcat wrote:
John K wrote:
allcat wrote:
John K wrote:
allcat wrote:
The NBA is still alive?
Actually I stopped liking them long before that. I found the games boring and predictable. I watched Jordan travel all the time and never get called for it. There is a reason the stars never foul out.
Jordan's been retired for 17 years (if you don't count his comeback with the Wizards). So you feel qualified to pronounce that the NBA sucks today, even though it's been maybe 20 or so since you've watched a game? Do you like college BB? I'd say the current state of the college game is much worse than the NBA. The "one and done" era has really hurt the quality of play in college hoops, along with the way the games are called by the officials.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri May 15, 2015 12:14 pm

I used to not like the NBA and make fun of it ... but that was before I started really watching many games and paying attention to it. Now that the Warriors are good I've crawled on the bandwagon and have been paying close attention to the game. The level of play (and of the defense in particular) is astounding, and although there is some traveling that still goes on, the refs actually call the games very well. It was actually jarring to watch the NCAA tourney for me because of all of the ticky-tack fouls they called -- the bigs in college get bailed out almost every time they shoot. In the NBA, if they call a foul it's generally because a guy got hammered (and even then they often let it go).

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri May 15, 2015 1:00 pm

John K wrote:
allcat wrote:
John K wrote:
allcat wrote:
John K wrote:
allcat wrote:
The NBA is still alive?
Jordan's been retired for 17 years (if you don't count his comeback with the Wizards). So you feel qualified to pronounce that the NBA sucks today, even though it's been maybe 20 or so since you've watched a game? Do you like college BB? I'd say the current state of the college game is much worse than the NBA. The "one and done" era has really hurt the quality of play in college hoops, along with the way the games are called by the officials.
Of course I'm qualified, what a silly Piers Morgan type of argument. I used to really like the college game, but yes the one and done has also ruined that game. It may be tv that makes me dislike all professional sports. I love Baseball, when I'm at the game, I hat it on tv. I don't have a favorite pro football team, just ones I don't like. I've only been to one NBA game, sat right behind the Nugget bench, could not see much of the game, just enough to know that Melo loafed the entire game.(liked the Birdman)

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:16 pm

Brady knew he had been caught. The NFL asked for his phone and then he decides to have someone destroy it? As in Watergate the coverup is worse than the crime. He's lucky with only 4 games.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:32 pm

allcat wrote:Brady knew he had been caught. The NFL asked for his phone and then he decides to have someone destroy it? As in Watergate the coverup is worse than the crime. He's lucky with only 4 games.
Our Grandson in Law thinks the sun rises and sets with the permission from Brady. He will be suffering from major butt hurt with the decision. He totally denies that Brady has ever done wrong...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:32 pm

RickRund wrote:
allcat wrote:Brady knew he had been caught. The NFL asked for his phone and then he decides to have someone destroy it? As in Watergate the coverup is worse than the crime. He's lucky with only 4 games.
Our Grandson in Law thinks the sun rises and sets with the permission from Brady. He will be suffering from major butt hurt with the decision. He totally denies that Brady has ever done wrong...
I think that's the first time I've read/heard grandson and butthurt in the same statement.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:56 pm

wbtfg wrote:
RickRund wrote:
I think that's the first time I've read/heard grandson and butthurt in the same statement.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
:lol:

On a related note, it looks like this has now turned into Robert Craft vs. Rodger Goodell... Gonna get ugly...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:51 am

Brady is the best QB in the history of the NFL inflated or not.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:16 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:Brady is the best QB in the history of the NFL inflated or not.
You are completely delusional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:33 pm

Aside from that I am still right

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:41 pm

Brady is playing for the right coach for a qb like Brady.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:02 am

AlphaGriz1 wrote:Brady is the best QB in the history of the NFL inflated or not.
Joe Montana is still the best QB to ever play the game. Tom Brady has way to much scandal around him. He's allegedly cheated for all 4 of his super bowl wins...

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:07 am

******, the Patriots won those games.

They are doing nothing different than any other team it's called gamesmanship. All teams do it, some get called out for it. Check out how much actual cheating the Vikings and Chargers have done the last 5 years........wonder why nobody cares about that.

Cheating is just an excuse losers make.

www.maroonblood.com

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:04 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:******, the Patriots won those games.

They are doing nothing different than any other team it's called gamesmanship. All teams do it, some get called out for it. Check out how much actual cheating the Vikings and Chargers have done the last 5 years........wonder why nobody cares about that.

Cheating is just an excuse losers make.

:shock: