FXFL

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

gocats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

FXFL

Post by gocats » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:47 pm

Laying in bed trying to sleep yet again, I was flipping through the channel guide on Dish and saw football. I tuned to it and it was FXFL. It had Brock Jensen and that little running back from Sam Houston State that ran all over us.
They said it was a New developmental league like the NBA has. Am I the only one that has never heard of this league?. It was a pretty good watch.

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: FXFL

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:46 pm

gocats wrote:Laying in bed trying to sleep yet again, I was flipping through the channel guide on Dish and saw football. I tuned to it and it was FXFL. It had Brock Jensen and that little running back from Sam Houston State that ran all over us.
They said it was a New developmental league like the NBA has. Am I the only one that has never heard of this league?. It was a pretty good watch.
Never heard of it. So Sincere ran over us, Flanders ran over everybody else, and Bell (the twig that he was) ran and threw over everybody too. So I'm just not sure who you're talking about.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Is this the Kiss football?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

gocats

Post by gocats » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:05 pm

Think it was Flanders. Little short dude.

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:14 pm

I just read about the league last week ... sounds kinda cool. Just four teams this first year, but it may grow into a legit development league for the NFL, which seems like a niche that could really take hold in secondary markets. I imagine it could take a lot of talent away from the CFL if it survives and expands.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:49 am

Interesting, had never heard of it.

So basically taking what NFL Europe tried to be and moving it stateside?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:20 pm

kmax wrote:Interesting, had never heard of it.

So basically taking what NFL Europe tried to be and moving it stateside?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Essentially. I get the impression that this is a start-up that a group of people are trying to get started, and they hope that the NFL will eventually formally take them under its wing and start funding it. They only have enough funding for this year at this point.

The have teams in Omaha, Brooklyn, Boston, and one barnstorming team that doesn't have a home.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:31 am

allcat wrote:Is this the Kiss football?
No, this isn't the LA Kiss, who play in the Arena League. The FXFL plays under "normal" football rules, i.e. with 11 players, on a 100 yard field. I had never heard of it before either, before I stumbled across an FXFL game on TV the other night.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:26 am

They were talking about this on Mike & Mike this morning. I guess the Fat Mikes boys play in it.

gocats

Post by gocats » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:54 pm

On altitude right now. Both teams wearing dark unis with dark helmets. Imagine trying to pass to the right team in that mess.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:09 pm

gocats wrote:On altitude right now. Both teams wearing dark unis with dark helmets. Imagine trying to pass to the right team in that mess.
Why in the world would they let them do that?

gocats

Post by gocats » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Can't afford 2 sets of uniforms I'm guessing. Lol

gocats

Post by gocats » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:13 pm

[img]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10 ... b204f9.jpg[/img]

I guess the one team has silver helmets. Still though....