Rams-Seahawks

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

Rams-Seahawks

Post by John K » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:17 pm

I'm a Rams fan, and was fully expecting them to get rolled by the Hawks last night, especially without Bradford. I don't know if the Rams' defense is really that good though, or if Seattle's offense is that bad, but the Rams completely shut them down. The Hawks only had 135 yards total offense, and only 55 yards other than Wilson's 80-yard TD pass to Tate in the 2nd half. The Rams outgained them by 200 yards, but somehow still couldn't get the W, thanks partially to Clemens throwing two picks, which weren't completely his fault. As a Rams fan, it was a very frustrating loss, because they thoroughly outplayed the Hawks. They even moved the ball fairly well (rushed for almost 200 yards/340 yards total) considering their offense wasn't very good even with Bradford, and Seattle's defense is supposed to be one of the best in the league. Earlier in the day, I had commented to a buddy that I thought the Seahawks were probably the best team in the NFC. After watching that game though...not so much.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Rams-Seahawks

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Yes the Rams definitely let one get away. Seattle didn't look good, they are a totally different team at home than on the road.

I still think that if Seattle gets home field advantage throughout the playoffs, they are a lock to make the superbowl. They are just very very tough to beat at home.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:38 pm

Also a MAJOR RAM fan, probably since around "53", and I was expecting them to be steamrolled. They do have a good "D" when putting it together and last night I was pretty impressed. Offensively not quite so much. Stacy had a good night running and I wish he hadn't been injured as he might have helped in the last series.....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

rtb

Post by rtb » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Seattle is missing both their starting offensive tackles which was a major factor last night. The Rams defense is good, especially against Seattles weak OLine right now. As soon as Seattle gets their tackles back and add Percy Harvin back in to the mix I think they will get back to "dominating" as much as you can in the NFL. Also, while they are a totally different team on the road when compared to home, they have gotten a lot better on the road and I think they are one of the best teams in the NFL.

If I were a Rams fan I wouldn't get to high that your team is really close, but you should take comfort in the fact that you aren't that far away from being really competitive again.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:02 pm

Yeah, that Rams Defense looked good. If the CB hadn't stumbled right at the last second, that TD to Golden (punk@$$) Tate would have been batted away, if not intercepted. Tough break.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:40 pm

grizzh8r wrote:Yeah, that Rams Defense looked good. If the CB hadn't stumbled right at the last second, that TD to Golden (punk@$$) Tate would have been batted away, if not intercepted. Tough break.
Plus if they make that 50-yard FG earlier, then of course they would have needed only a FG on the last drive. And didn't they get a penalty on that series, which made that missed FG attempt longer than it otherwise would have been? The last two seasons for the Rams have reminded me of watching the Cats back in the 90's...lots of coulda/shoulda/woulda, but not many wins.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:43 pm

Oh, and of course Tru contributed two PI to the Rams' cause...that sort of rubs salt in my wounds. I saw Chase Reynolds standing on the sidelines at one point. I didn't realize he was on their active roster...thought he was just on the practice squad.

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:45 pm

HA! Go Hawks!!!

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:30 am

I love Seattle fans...............baseball season is always over 10 games into April and football fans seasons are over if they make the playoffs.

I love Seattle fans...................right where they are........ :twisted:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:18 am

TIrwin24 wrote:HA! Go Hawks!!!

I was hoping Tate got his head taken out at the end of that play. What a clown.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

CPrice91
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by CPrice91 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:19 am

AlphaGriz1 wrote:I love Seattle fans...............baseball season is always over 10 games into April

Please tell that to their radio stations so I don't have to listen to them cover the Mariners all summer long. ](*,)

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Gonna be this way until one of our teams finally wins a championship. Add the whole Sonics issue to the mix and, yes we're anxious, and ready to celebrate any and all success that we get.

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow