Seattle Supersonics!!!

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Seattle Supersonics!!!

Post by TIrwin24 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:15 pm

There's been a lot of talk about it on am radio lately and it sounds like the deal has been agreed upon and it's in the NBA commission's office for approval!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1494 ... ento-kings

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Seattle Supersonics!!!

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:46 pm

if i was a seattle fan i'd be excited. though i'd still be rather annoyed that my sonics should consist of russell westbrook, kevin durant, serge ibaka and kendrick perkins vying for a championship...and not tyreke evans, demarcus cousins, jimmer fredette and thomas robinson hoping to make the playoffs!

any team is better than no team i suppose...

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 am

I am not a fan of the NBA per se, but I like this. I think Seattle got screwed when the team moved to OKC. Supposedly the new arena will house NBA and NHL ice? I wonder if the Seattle market could handle an NHL team, doesn't strike me as a hockey town.

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:25 am

WeedKillinCat wrote:I am not a fan of the NBA per se, but I like this. I think Seattle got screwed when the team moved to OKC. Supposedly the new arena will house NBA and NHL ice? I wonder if the Seattle market could handle an NHL team, doesn't strike me as a hockey town.
They just built a new arena in Kent (Seattle) for their minor league hockey team--seems shortsighted to me.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 am

Actually none of this is truth. The mayor, Kevin Johnson, has repeatedly stated that another group WILL be making a bid. And we all know that everything we see on tv/the internet is true. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also not even close to an NBA fan here, would sort of like to see the Kings stay. But this has been a major joke now for several seasons. Regardless, this team needs new management.....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

nuten
New Recruit

Post by nuten » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:14 am

\:D/ it sounds like the deal has been agreed upon and it's in the NBA commission's office.........................., \:D/

http://www.uni-kl.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.sap.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.testking.biz/
http://www.columbia.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_SE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CPrice91
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by CPrice91 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:54 pm

ilovethecats wrote:if i was a seattle fan i'd be excited. though i'd still be rather annoyed that my sonics should consist of russell westbrook, kevin durant, serge ibaka and kendrick perkins vying for a championship...and not tyreke evans, demarcus cousins, jimmer fredette and thomas robinson hoping to make the playoffs!

any team is better than no team i suppose...
^ That. I'm actually surprised that the former fans seems to be welcoming an NBA team back with open arms - the Seattle sports fans seemed to be really bitter about their team jumping to OKC. Especially last year when they were in the finals, it was probably the only area in the country outside of Miami rooting for the Heat. :lol:

Oh well, hopefully they can get some new management in and start rebuilding the franchise.

I'm hoping more so for hockey, though - I think Seattle's a great fit for the sport!

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:00 am

I'm hoping more so for hockey, though - I think Seattle's a great fit for the sport![/quote]

How is the support for hockey in general for the Thunderbirds? Seattle has never struck me as a hockey type of town but I could be wrong.

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

CPrice91

Post by CPrice91 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:48 pm

WeedKillinCat wrote:I'm hoping more so for hockey, though - I think Seattle's a great fit for the sport!
How is the support for hockey in general for the Thunderbirds? Seattle has never struck me as a hockey type of town but I could be wrong.[/quote]

I honestly don't know a whole lot about the Thunderbirds, or junior hockey in general. I do know my parents have gotten into the Everett Silvertips since re-relocating to the Seattle area a few years ago, and see their logo all around town, games always on in the bars and restaurants, etc. So they seem to like it in up there, at least.

I've heard the "it's not a hockey town" thing a bit, and I'm not sure how to respond since I'm not even sure what that means. What's a "hockey town" supposed to be, anyways? :shrug: The key reason why I think it would fit and work is that, from what I've observed of Seattle fans, I'd color 'em blue collar. If it has the name Seattle stamped on it (and you don't perennially suck for a decade, like the Mariners...), they just show up. Heck, they pack their respective venues for the WNBA and MLS Soccer. And loudly so.

I also know quite a few people that consider themselves either "fans" or at least "casual fans" of the Canucks, who make periodic treks up to Vancouver to catch their games. I'm betting that group would've been Seattle fans given a team.

But, heh, we'll see with the NHL. Goal #1 for most of the Seattle fans was apparently getting the Supersonics back, and if the whole of their former fans get over their bitterness over the OKC move then I'd agree. Now just, uh, start rebuilding the franchise....a lot of rebuilding, lol ](*,) .

webdav

Post by webdav » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:02 am

Seattle can have the NBA back, but move the Coyotes to Portland. Their support of the Winterhawks is impressive they'd make a great NHL city.

CPrice91

Post by CPrice91 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:03 pm

webdav wrote:Seattle can have the NBA back, but move the Coyotes to Portland. Their support of the Winterhawks is impressive they'd make a great NHL city.

Hell, if their theoretical, future NHL games have an atmosphere remotely similar to what you see in the Rose Garden for even "meh"-type Trailblazers teams, by all means get the Coyotes to Portland. Sign me up, 'cause that place rocks!

I'm not a "Seattle fan" so much as I am a fan of Northwest teams/the geographical area of the Northwest U.S./Southwest Canada in general, so there's no way I can argue Seattle over Portland. I think either one would work.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:46 pm

This just in as a part of KJ's State of the City.....

http://blogs.sacbee.com/city-beat/2013/ ... -city.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msubobcats@outlook.com

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:22 pm

And a third major bidder for the Kings.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/city-beat/2013/ ... kings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And then within a minute of posting another piece came up. On the Arena for the Kings.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/03/21/528238 ... plaza.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msubobcats@outlook.com

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu May 09, 2013 11:29 pm

Many Seattle fans are convinced NBA Comish, David Stern, has a real "problem" with Seattle stemming from the war waged when the Sonics left and it will be a cold day in hell before they get a replacement.
Regarding Seattle and hockey...interestingly, the Seattle Metropolitans were the first American team to win the Stanley Cup. That's a good trivia bar bet. Like, what city if further south Toronto or Portland, Oregon? Bet Toronto.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Look an NBA post................................................. ](*,)

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:00 pm

who? Are they as bad as MSU bball?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic