NFL to hire replacement officials

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

NFL to hire replacement officials

Post by Cats15 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:01 am

Any chance that they take any of our great Big Sky Confrence refs!? [-o<

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/80067 ... alks-stall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: NFL to hire replacement officials

Post by catamaran » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:24 am

Its a possibility but i think you're going to see mostly retired cfb and arena guys. Upper level college guys probably a) don't want to p off the NFL brothers like we saw with replacement mlb umps a few years ago and b)don't want to give up their current gigs because they wouldn't get them back for a year or maybe more

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

Billings_Griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by Billings_Griz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:43 am

catamaran wrote:Its a possibility but i think you're going to see mostly retired cfb and arena guys. Upper level college guys probably a) don't want to p off the NFL brothers like we saw with replacement mlb umps a few years ago and b)don't want to give up their current gigs because they wouldn't get them back for a year or maybe more
I think the scheduler for a few western US NCAA conferences is an ex-NFL ref. Those that chose to work NFL games as a scab will probably never see the NCAA field again!

:wink:

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by catamaran » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:26 am

Billings_Griz wrote:
catamaran wrote:Its a possibility but i think you're going to see mostly retired cfb and arena guys. Upper level college guys probably a) don't want to p off the NFL brothers like we saw with replacement mlb umps a few years ago and b)don't want to give up their current gigs because they wouldn't get them back for a year or maybe more
I think the scheduler for a few western US NCAA conferences is an ex-NFL ref. Those that chose to work NFL games as a scab will probably never see the NCAA field again!

:wink:
i don't know of many conferences that don't have nfl'ers as their head of officials. as some of the 'older' (mid 60's) referees have retired, they've moved into those roles in an effort to help cfb officials refine their craft

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons