The Buffalo Bills

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RedCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: The Buffalo Bills

Post by RedCat » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:30 pm

cats2506 wrote:
rtb wrote:The Raiders can't even have their own thread on Bobcat Nation, they have to use a thread about the Buffalo Bills to talk about their team. It must suck to be a Raiders fan! :D
It not going to suck as bad as being a donkey fan this year :D

I think the rule is that they have to maintain possesion to the ground and IMO we were robbed, the call was that the reciever lost possesion on the way to the ground, the ball moved slightly when he hit the ground but didnt come out until the reciever started to get up, bad call, the rule is ok though.

BTW I liked the old unies last night, both games were pretty cool.

So how many steps do you have to take (with possession) before you can fall down and lose the ball? Seems to me that after you have two feet down with the ball in your possession the play should be over. He actually had three points down (two feet and a hip) before the ball came out.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:32 pm

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1 of the NFL Rule Book (page 51) states that 'if a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact with an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or in the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."'

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

RedCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RedCat » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:39 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1 of the NFL Rule Book (page 51) states that 'if a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact with an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or in the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."'

I don't like it...think it's a terrible rule. Right up there with the old tuck rule.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
I guess my point was that he was down when his butt, hip, knee, and lower leg hit--then he rolled over and lost the ball.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:42 pm

rtb wrote:The Raiders can't even have their own thread on Bobcat Nation, they have to use a thread about the Buffalo Bills to talk about their team. It must suck to be a Raiders fan! :D

You're a jerk. ;)

Are you excited for what Tampa Bay is going to do with the number one pick next year... 8)

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

rtb

Post by rtb » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 pm

coachouert wrote:You're a jerk. ;)

Are you excited for what Tampa Bay is going to do with the number one pick next year... 8)
I can't tell you how excited I am that Tampa Bay made a ridiculously dumb move in the draft and is likely to win maybe 2 or 3 games this year! The good news for me though is there is hope for the future. New coach, pretty good system, potential for a high draft pick after this season, and Al Davis doesn't own my team. Oh and since I can, I might move this to a new thread because my team does deserve their own thread! :D

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:10 pm

rtb wrote:
coachouert wrote:You're a jerk. ;)

I can't tell you how excited I am that Tampa Bay made a ridiculously dumb move in the draft and is likely to win maybe 2 or 3 games this year! The good news for me though is there is hope for the future. New coach, pretty good system, potential for a high draft pick after this season, and Al Davis doesn't own my team. Oh and since I can, I might move this to a new thread because my team does deserve their own thread! :D
Touche on the Al Davis comment...touche. As for moving this...you and I both know the Bucs don't deserve their own thread. Hell, a thread about the Bucs would probably only have you viewing it since I'm pretty sure you're the only TB fan in Montana... Go Raiders!

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.