Skipping HS senior year to go pro

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Re: Skipping HS senior year to go pro

Post by CapitalCityCat » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:51 am

BDizzle wrote:
CapitalCityCat wrote: As a matter of fact, I've also decided that because my twin boys are of freakish size for their age, I'm going to start contacting agents for the NFL, NBA, UFC, and any other profession I feel they have a shot at even though I don't know their physical capabilities at this young age. After all, you've convinced me it's the right thing to do. :wink:
Good luck with that!
Thanks.... I'm also planning on calling Bobby Hauck. I want to make sure my boys receive every possible recognition they deserve at this young age.

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:58 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:
BDizzle wrote:
CapitalCityCat wrote: As a matter of fact, I've also decided that because my twin boys are of freakish size for their age, I'm going to start contacting agents for the NFL, NBA, UFC, and any other profession I feel they have a shot at even though I don't know their physical capabilities at this young age. After all, you've convinced me it's the right thing to do. :wink:
Good luck with that!
Indeed. I would never recommend contacting agents if I wasn't sure my child was incredibly talented in the field in which the agent specializes, but that's just my opinion.
Oh, they don't HAVE to be talented enough. Because of their size and the bloodlines, there's sure to be at least one interested party who'll represent them and get them the training they need for the next 18 years. They'll be groomed to know everything they need to know and be big and strong. As a matter of fact I'm running down to GNC shortly to purchase a couple of canisters of protein powder for them. Screw the formula... After that I'm headed over to the athletic club to get them lifetime passes. Never too early to start pumping the free weights. After all, I'm only looking out for the best interests of my kids.... this has NOTHING to do with me. :wink:

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BDizzle » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:25 am

CapitalCityCat wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
BDizzle wrote:
Good luck with that!
Indeed. I would never recommend contacting agents if I wasn't sure my child was incredibly talented in the field in which the agent specializes, but that's just my opinion.
Oh, they don't HAVE to be talented enough. Because of their size and the bloodlines, there's sure to be at least one interested party who'll represent them and get them the training they need for the next 18 years. They'll be groomed to know everything they need to know and be big and strong. As a matter of fact I'm running down to GNC shortly to purchase a couple of canisters of protein powder for them. Screw the formula... After that I'm headed over to the athletic club to get them lifetime passes. Never too early to start pumping the free weights. After all, I'm only looking out for the best interests of my kids.... this has NOTHING to do with me. :wink:
Sounds like a good deal! My 3year old daughter has already taken lessons from a professional instructor in dance and gymnastics. In the next year or two I'll probably get her lessons on the piano and maybe even some golf ones. I probably wouldn't give them protein powder but everything else your doing sounds very good. Just hope they don't burn out too early.

GO GRIZ!

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:48 am

CapitalCityCat wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
BDizzle wrote:
Good luck with that!
i understand that you are being completely sarcastic with this post but it does bring up a good point. we are not talking about young kids being built into sports stars. there are bad fathers all over the country that think they can simply create a super-star athlete using their child as clay! and more times than not it doesn't seem to pan out. what we are talking about is the 1 in a million kid, who was simply gifted with amazing talents, and often times amazing bodies. i agree with your point that there is a difference between basketball and tennis for example. but at the very core, they are identical. in both cases you would have to be a "freak" to be able to compete at a pro level when you are still a young teenager. and in both cases it would be up to the individual to decide how seriously they want to take school. i don't think we can compare situations like this kid wanting to play overseas, to guys like me and you trying to make our sons the next tiger woods! this kid has gifts and talents beyond comprehension. as i stated he is already a lock to be the number one overall pick. with that pick comes tens of millions of dollars...guarenteed! if his career doesn't pan out due to an injury, he still has tens of millions of dollars. probably more than me and you will make in our lives, although i don't know you! and when is all said and done, if he wants, he can go back to school. some of them do. matter of fact, former nba player david wesley is a STUDENT ASSISTANT for Baylor this year! I understand what you are saying about the average kid, but these aren't average kids. and for some people, mainly those who want to play sports for millions, college isn't the answer.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:49 am

CapitalCityCat wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
BDizzle wrote:
Good luck with that!
Again, good luck with that. I wouldn't follow that same path, but that's just my opinion.