Bears Land Cutler

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BroncoCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Bears Land Cutler

Post by BroncoCat » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:39 pm

I wanted Spagnola.
The Bears do have Earl Bennet, and second round pick last year from Vanderbilt. Cutler and he should have some history and be able
to work well together.
Should be an interesting year for the Bears.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:51 pm

Bears reporter just said his first question for Cutler at the Press Conf later today will be:
"How much pressure do you feel following a legend like......Sid Luckman?"

:rofl: :rofl:

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:24 pm

I've been a fan of the Broncos since the days of Craig Morton and I'm not all that happy with the team either but I don't think the future is all that bleak. I guess we'll have a better idea after the draft what direction they want to take. It's not like the ship wasn't broken before this. BroncoCat, the most disgusted I've been was last year when the Broncos had a 3 game lead with 3 games left and didn't make the playoff's. I'm not saying it was Cutler's fault but he didn't play very well in any of those 3 games.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:13 pm

I'm very interested in seeing how the Broncos approach the draft. I just don't see McDaniels trying to trade up to get Sanchez or Stafford. His attitude is that he can win with anyone. I see him going with Orton or Simms(who i saw a lot of promise in before he got hurt) and drafting a qb in the 2nd or 3rd round. I kind of hope he goes after Graham Harrell in the later rounds and then grooms him to be his "system" qb. Nate Davis I think has the potential to be the guy as well. I really hope he decides to keep both first round picks and improves the defense. A stud dl and lb could turn this team around faster in my opinion than Sanchez or Stafford.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:25 pm

I hope McDaniels is in Denver for 20 years.

Donkeys are done when it comes to the QB position and it's about time they had to endure what teams like the Bears, Buccaneers, Chiefs, Ravens, Raiders and Jacksonville have had to deal with for years.

Denver deserves a solid 9-13 years without a real QB after the run of ELGAY, Plummer, Griese, Frerotte and Cutler.

I for one cannot wait!!!

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

Bleedinbluengold

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:32 pm

a) I thought Orton was just fine and Bears have always been a non-QB-centric team. I dont' think Cutler is that much better than Orton in terms of leadership and just winning games.

b) this trade reminds me of Hershel Walker. Vikes were a little better with Hershel, but not significantly so. what the Vikes lost in that trade killed them for at least 5 years. The Bears are really going to miss their picks next year.

c) Broncos stand to make out like bandits if McDaniels can draft. Are you kidding me? Denver gets 2 1sts, 2 1sts and 2 3rds over the next 2 drafts? That's some serious talent-potential plus some serious bargaining power in trade negotiations.

d) no matter how you slice it - Cutler is not the difference between a 9-7 record and a Superbowl win. And, without those draft picks in the next two years, there's no way this Bears team wins a Superbowl, even if Cutler has pro-bowl seasons. In that same period of time, the Bears won't be able to replace aging defensive players such as Urlacher and Harris.

e) at the same time, with Cutler, the Bears will probably now have enough talent to beat the lowly QB-less Vikes, and compete for the division unless GB pulls a defense out of their a$$.

Montana State IS what "they" think Montana is.

DCC2MSU
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by DCC2MSU » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:27 pm

Bleedinbluengold wrote:a) I thought Orton was just fine and Bears have always been a non-QB-centric team. I dont' think Cutler is that much better than Orton in terms of leadership and just winning games.

b) this trade reminds me of Hershel Walker. Vikes were a little better with Hershel, but not significantly so. what the Vikes lost in that trade killed them for at least 5 years. The Bears are really going to miss their picks next year.
c) Broncos stand to make out like bandits if McDaniels can draft. Are you kidding me? Denver gets 2 1sts, 2 1sts and 2 3rds over the next 2 drafts? That's some serious talent-potential plus some serious bargaining power in trade negotiations.

d) no matter how you slice it - Cutler is not the difference between a 9-7 record and a Superbowl win. And, without those draft picks in the next two years, there's no way this Bears team wins a Superbowl, even if Cutler has pro-bowl seasons. In that same period of time, the Bears won't be able to replace aging defensive players such as Urlacher and Harris.

e) at the same time, with Cutler, the Bears will probably now have enough talent to beat the lowly QB-less Vikes, and compete for the division unless GB pulls a defense out of their a$$.

This is never, ever to be mentioned again!

DCC2MSU
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by DCC2MSU » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:28 pm

CATCO wrote:Bears got Cutler for Orton and a 1st round pick in 2009 and 2010. Who made the best move?
The Vikings - by not getting involved. Even JC himself couldn't QB the bears to the Norse title this year.

Bleedinbluengold

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:09 am

DCC2MSU wrote:
Bleedinbluengold wrote:a) I thought Orton was just fine and Bears have always been a non-QB-centric team. I dont' think Cutler is that much better than Orton in terms of leadership and just winning games.

This is never, ever to be mentioned again!
Ya, it was cathartic for me too! :lol:

Montana State IS what "they" think Montana is.