2019 Badlands Bowl

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

2019 Badlands Bowl

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:09 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2019 Badlands Bowl

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:58 pm

I'll have more on this and my thoughts on this Montana class soon.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:10 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:58 pm
How is this team selected? Does the coach pick the team? There are a few omissions I would point out, mostly from non-AA schools (and schools in the western part of the state). Admittedly, I'm biased toward Class A and B though, and I watch most of my football in Western MT. You never know if some kids get asked and decline the invite, but it seems like this was AA kids and the few kids from lower classes that had committed to the Cats or Griz. It's an impressive team anyway, but I wouldn't have minded a little diversity on the roster (mostly Rostad and McPhee). I get it though--you include them and somebody else gets left off.

Is this the same weekend as the Class B All-Star game?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:10 am
VimSince03 wrote:
How is this team selected? Does the coach pick the team? There are a few omissions I would point out, mostly from non-AA schools (and schools in the western part of the state). Admittedly, I'm biased toward Class A and B though, and I watch most of my football in Western MT. You never know if some kids get asked and decline the invite, but it seems like this was AA kids and the few kids from lower classes that had committed to the Cats or Griz. It's an impressive team anyway, but I wouldn't have minded a little diversity on the roster (mostly Rostad and McPhee). I get it though--you include them and somebody else gets left off.

The head coach (Rob Stanton) chooses the roster along with his assistant coaches: Matt Hollowell (West), Kane Clauch (West), Jim Stanton (Billings Central), Les Meyer (Fairfield), and Greg Horton (Great Falls Central). So basically those AA coaches usually choose the best AA players but it becomes very subjective in Class A, B, and C...because AA gets so many guys.

By the way, Rostad is a junior. McPhee was a major snub at LB (if he didn't decline). Joe Olson and Blake Counts were obvious choices at RB but the LB choices were interesting.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:12 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

The head coach (Rob Stanton) chooses the roster along with his assistant coaches: Matt Hollowell (West), Kane Clauch (West), Jim Stanton (Billings Central), Les Meyer (Fairfield), and Greg Horton (Great Falls Central). So basically those AA coaches usually choose the best AA players but it becomes very subjective in Class A, B, and C...because AA gets so many guys.

By the way, Rostad is a junior. McPhee was a major snub at LB (if he didn't decline). Joe Olson and Blake Counts were obvious choices at RB but the LB choices were interesting.
That's the other thing I wasn't sure about--if it was a senior only game. The AA bias is probably why I don't really know much about the game, being a small school guy.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:19 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:12 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

That's the other thing I wasn't sure about--if it was a senior only game. The AA bias is probably why I don't really know much about the game, being a small school guy.
Yeah all summer All-Star games are for seniors only.