2017 MT HS Football - Week 3

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

2017 MT HS Football - Week 3

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 am

Class AA

1.) Billings Senior (2-0)
2.) Helena Capital (2-0)
3.) Missoula Big Sky (2-0)
4.) Bozeman (2-0)
5.) Helena High (1-1)
6.) Great Falls High (1-1)
7.) Kalispell Flathead (1-1)
8.) Kalispell Glacier (0-2)
9.) Missoula Sentinel (1-1)
10.) Butte (1-1)

Bottom four: Great Falls CMR, Billings Skyview, Billings West, Missoula Hellgate

Co-Players of the Week (Week 2): Missoula Big Sky QB Levi Janacaro - 340 total yards (161 rushing yards with 2 rushing touchdowns; 179 passing yards with 2 passing touchdowns); Great Falls High QB Kevin Boes - 4 passing touchdowns (3 to WR Blake Thelen) and one interception on defense; Billings Senior QB/MLB Nolan Askelson - 235 yards passing for 3 passing touchdowns; 46 yards rushing with 1 rushing touchdown; one interception on defense

Game of the Week (Week 3): Kalispell Glacier at Bozeman (Bozeman has looked good but not great despite their 2-0 record and Glacier has completely underwhelmed in their first two games); Missoula Big Sky at Great Falls CMR (Big Sky has gutted out two wins to open the season while CMR has been a surprise coming off a big win over Glacier)

Class A

1.) Dillon (1-0)
2.) Sidney (2-0)
3.) Columbia Falls (1-0)
4.) Hamilton (1-1)
5.) Laurel (2-0)
6.) Corvallis (2-0)
7.) Billings Central (1-1)
8.) Butte Central (1-0)
9.) Glendive (2-0)
10.) Polson (0-1)

In the hunt: Browning, Miles City

Player of the Week (Week 2): Browning QB Derek Loring - 360 total yards (245 passing yards with 6 touchdowns; 115 rushing yards)

Games of the Week (Week 3): Columbia Falls at Dillon (Columbia Falls opened its season with a close win over a talented Hamilton team and now they get a 2016 title game rematch against Dillon); Billings Central at Glendive (The Red Devils have won their first two games and get a chance to prove how good they are against Billings Central, who is coming off a tough loss to Sidney); Browning at Hamilton (Hamilton is coming off a close, tough loss to one of Class A's best in Columbia Falls while Browning is coming off its first win in years so I'm interested to see how Browning responds)

Class B

1.) Eureka (2-0)
2.) Colstrip (2-0)
3.) Fairfield (2-0)
4.) Bigfork (2-0)
5.) Manhattan (1-0)
6.) Huntley Project (1-1)
7.) Missoula Loyola (1-1)
8.) Whitehall (2-0)
9.) Malta (1-0)
10.) Jefferson (2-0)

In the hunt: Anaconda, Baker, Shelby, Townsend

Co-Players of the Week (Week 2): Malta QB Trace Simonson - 191 rushing yards with 4 rushing touchdowns; 70 passing yards with 1 passing touchdown; Manhattan QB Jake Dyk - 349 passing yards with 4 touchdowns

Game of the Week (Week 3): Missoula Loyola at Fairfield (The Rams finish up their brutal non-conference schedule with a 2016 semifinal rematch with the Fairfield Eagles, who opened their season last week with a big win over Deer Lodge); Malta at Shelby (Malta opened their season with a blowout win over Roundup while Shelby lost their second straight to start 0-2; this is the Northern B conference opener for both teams)

Class C (8-man)

1.) Charlo (2-0)
2.) Ennis (2-0)
3.) Forsyth (2-0)
4.) Scobey (2-0)
5.) Belt (2-0)
6.) Fairview (2-0)
7.) Lone Peak (2-0)
8.) Drummond/Philipsburg (2-0)
9.) Joliet (2-0)
10.) Choteau (2-0)

In the hunt: Cascade, Circle, Denton/Geyser/Standford, Fort Benton, Great Falls Central, Hobson/Moore/Judith Gap

Player of the Week (Week 2): Rocky Boy QB Kordell Small - 10 total touchdowns (8 passing/2 rushing)

Game of the Week (Week 3): Forsyth at Circle (Forsyth's drop down to 8-man has been seamless at the Dogies have been dominating while Cirlce has also started the year with two big wins); DGS at Joliet (DGS lost a tough one to Lone Peak for their first loss last week while Jolet has enjoyed similar success to Forsyth in their return to 8-man from the Class B ranks)

Class C (6-man)

1.) Wibaux (2-0)
2.) Westby/Grenora (2-0)
3.) Valier (1-0)
4.) Sunburst (2-0)
5.) Bridger (0-1)
6.) Richey/Lambert (2-0)
7.) Geraldine/Highwood (1-0)
8.) Terry (2-0)
9.) North Star (2-0)
10.) White Sulphur Springs (2-0)

In the hunt: Big Sandy, Grass Range/Winnett, Power/Dutton/Brady, Savage, Sheridan, West Yellowstone

Player of the Week (Week 2): Terry RB Shad Mack - 8 total touchdowns (6 rushing/1 receiving/1 kickoff return)

Game of the Week (Week 3): Westby/Grenora at Richey/Lambert (East C showdown between two of the top teams in 6-man); North Star at Sunburst (North C showdown between two more of the better teams in 6-man)

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bemiller49
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: 2017 MT HS Football - Week 3

Post by Bemiller49 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:41 am

Teams will be scrambling to find locations to play in western Montana.

hillarydavidson
New Recruit

Post by hillarydavidson » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:16 am

well written post with so informative content so interesting an knowledgeable . the main thing is that you have shared a info that is very important and helpful do my dissertation just want to thank you for this and want to say that keep posting.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:01 am

In Class A Browning in the hunt must make those in Browning happy.

And in Class C just looking at pf/pa a massive contrast between Scobey and Lame Deer.

Will Glacier dropping to 0-3 get them completely out of the rankings?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:52 am

RickRund wrote:In Class A Browning in the hunt must make those in Browning happy.

And in Class C just looking at pf/pa a massive contrast between Scobey and Lame Deer.

I'll have Week 3 posted later today.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

MTCowpoke22
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MTCowpoke22 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:24 am

RickRund wrote:In Class A Browning in the hunt must make those in Browning happy.

I was at the Scobey/Lame Deer game. I hate to say anything bad about a high school team, but Lame Deer obviously doesn't care. I've never seen a center roll the ball the the qb every snap before that night. The line didn't try to block, the recievers jogged downfield a ways, the quarterback heaved it towards a crowd of players. Scobey was up 42-0 after one. The starters didn't play in the last three quarters, and the "C" squad played the entire second half. Fairview put up 102 on Lame Deer this past week. As far as Scobey goes, I appreciate the love from Vim for having them ranked, but so far they've played Lodge Grass, Lame Deer, and St. Labre. We really won't know what Scobey has going until they play Fairview, Forsyth, and Circle. They get Plentywood this weekend for homecoming.

There's the truth, and then there's what's reported in the papers.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:04 pm

MTCowpoke22 wrote:

I was at the Scobey/Lame Deer game. I hate to say anything bad about a high school team, but Lame Deer obviously doesn't care. I've never seen a center roll the ball the the qb every snap before that night. The line didn't try to block, the recievers jogged downfield a ways, the quarterback heaved it towards a crowd of players. Scobey was up 42-0 after one. The starters didn't play in the last three quarters, and the "C" squad played the entire second half. Fairview put up 102 on Lame Deer this past week. As far as Scobey goes, I appreciate the love from Vim for having them ranked, but so far they've played Lodge Grass, Lame Deer, and St. Labre. We really won't know what Scobey has going until they play Fairview, Forsyth, and Circle. They get Plentywood this weekend for homecoming.
I didn't rank Scobey high because they beat Lodge Grass, Lame Deer, and St. Labre. I ranked them high because they have good players. RB Riley Linder is a Frontier Conference talent at RB and from Sr. to Fr., they have a good overall team.