2016 State Playoff Predictions

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

2016 State Playoff Predictions

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:59 pm

Predicted Matchups & Winners for the 2016 State Football Championships

Class AA: Kalispell Glacier at Billings Senior

Winner: Billings Senior Broncs

Class A: Dillon at Columbia Falls

Winner: Dillon Beavers

Class B: Whitehall at Missoula Loyola

Winner: Missoula Loyola Rams

Class C (8-man): Charlo at Ennis

Winner: Ennis Mustangs

Class C (6-man): Westby/Grenora at Hot Springs

Winner: Hot Springs Savage Heat
Last edited by VimSince03 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

NorthernPlains
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: 2016 State Playoff Predictions

Post by NorthernPlains » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:49 pm

VimSince03 wrote:Predicted Matchups & Winners for the 2016 State Football Championships

Class A: Columbia Falls at Dillon

You may be right on the outcomes but if your two teams meet in Class A the bracket would have Columbia Falls hosting. Championship will play at Belgrade, Hamilton, Columbia Falls, or Sidney.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:43 pm

NorthernPlains wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:Predicted Matchups & Winners for the 2016 State Football Championships

You may be right on the outcomes but if your two teams meet in Class A the bracket would have Columbia Falls hosting. Championship will play at Belgrade, Hamilton, Columbia Falls, or Sidney.
Oh really? I thought it would go to the higher seed. The bracket shows Home on the top bracket but I thought it still depends on what seed you were going into the tournament. Like if Sidney or Belgrade made it, they would host but since Columbia Falls was a two seed, they would travel if Dillon or Polson made it on the bottom side.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

NorthernPlains
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by NorthernPlains » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:01 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
NorthernPlains wrote:

Oh really? I thought it would go to the higher seed. The bracket shows Home on the top bracket but I thought it still depends on what seed you were going into the tournament. Like if Sidney or Belgrade made it, they would host but since Columbia Falls was a two seed, they would travel if Dillon or Polson made it on the bottom side.
No, it's different than AA. In Class A the host for each game is fixed on the bracket. An exception is only made if two teams from the same conference meet. Then the higher seed (from within the same conference) always gets to host.

As an example this year you could have Columbia Falls advance to the Championship game. If they do they will host the Championship game over every other team EXCEPT for Polson. Polson as the NW conference champ would get to host over C. Falls the NW #2 team.

The same would apply to Hamilton. If they make it to the Championship game they will host it, UNLESS Dillon were to advance from the other bracket. In that case Dillon gets to host as #1 team from the SW conference while Hamilton was only the SW #2.

If Belgrade or Sidney reach the Championship game they will host regardless of which team advances from the lower bracket since each was the #1 team from their respective conferences.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:42 am

NorthernPlains wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
NorthernPlains wrote:

No, it's different than AA. In Class A the host for each game is fixed on the bracket. An exception is only made if two teams from the same conference meet. Then the higher seed (from within the same conference) always gets to host.

As an example this year you could have Columbia Falls advance to the Championship game. If they do they will host the Championship game over every other team EXCEPT for Polson. Polson as the NW conference champ would get to host over C. Falls the NW #2 team.

The same would apply to Hamilton. If they make it to the Championship game they will host it, UNLESS Dillon were to advance from the other bracket. In that case Dillon gets to host as #1 team from the SW conference while Hamilton was only the SW #2.

If Belgrade or Sidney reach the Championship game they will host regardless of which team advances from the lower bracket since each was the #1 team from their respective conferences.
Ah I see. I will change that one up then.