Butte Central vs Dillon for Class A title

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Butte Central vs Dillon for Class A title

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:57 am

This is a game worth seeing. I know many complain that Butte Central gets to "recruit" but what difference does it make? Aren't both schools actually Class B enrollment wise playing up a classification?

John K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Butte Central vs Dillon for Class A title

Post by John K » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:52 am

Cat Grad wrote:This is a game worth seeing. I know many complain that Butte Central gets to "recruit" but what difference does it make? Aren't both schools actually Class B enrollment wise playing up a classification?
Butte Central is almost "playing up" two classifications. Their enrollment is right on the border line between Class B and C.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:58 pm

John K wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:This is a game worth seeing. I know many complain that Butte Central gets to "recruit" but what difference does it make? Aren't both schools actually Class B enrollment wise playing up a classification?
Butte Central is almost "playing up" two classifications. Their enrollment is right on the border line between Class B and C.
I know it has to make many people happy watching Butte come clawing back to relevancy in football. I really enjoyed listening to the Butte State Championship game a couple of years ago and laughed the whole game reading the comments being made about Bozo. Still hard for me to believe Anaconda is going to B next year, but
many years ago Glasgow and Columbia Falls were two of the largest schools in the state, so I guess enrollment changes.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:32 pm

How does Butte Central "recruit"? All of my kids have or will have gone through Billing Central and we hear that recruit crap all of the time. There is no truth to it and I have known a majority of the kids since they were little ones at St Francis. Sure some kids come in during high school but they are not "recruited"

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:06 am

WeedKillinCat wrote:
How does Butte Central "recruit"? All of my kids have or will have gone through Billing Central and we hear that recruit crap all of the time. There is no truth to it and I have known a majority of the kids since they were little ones at St Francis. Sure some kids come in during high school but they are not "recruited"
As I don't care one way or the other, my only response would be: Are you talking about Butte Central or Billings Central? Some states have multipliers for what it's worth relative private schools playing within their high school activities association. Some states continually fight legislation that would separate private schools from participation within the public school's activities association. A quick check of the rosters of the majority of the U.S. Today's top high school team's national rankings would amaze even the largest apologist as to where the high school kids are actually from. I think of Baylor or MacCallie High Schools in Chattanooga reference their national level sports teams.

But I realize all the kids from Anaconda, Deer Lodge, Whitehall, etc. who have played for Butte Central over the years weren't recruited.

maroon
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by maroon » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:35 am

The Maroons "recruited" the Ueland brothers from Brown's Gulch.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:08 pm

maroon wrote:The Maroons "recruited" the Ueland brothers from Brown's Gulch.
I beg to differ with you! The Ueland's are in fact from Outlook! Don and Sheila were my neighbors during school. Now Dan, he had some problems... :lol: