63rd East West Shrine Game in GF

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

63rd East West Shrine Game in GF

Post by Common Cat » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:20 pm

7 p.m. July 18th Memorial Stadium (same place as the triangle classic). Who is going?

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Re: 63rd East West Shrine Game in GF

Post by cats2506 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:07 pm

We will be there, going over in the morning for the parade and will spend the day in GTF.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:39 pm

Great game! 1st overtime in E/W history

Bertelsen (WR Wibaux, Cat) is the real deal, he will be fun to watch in the next few years, he had several key catches and is a leader on the field.

Pelczar (DB Billings West, Griz) is a real gamer, too bad he is going to the dark side, he will be an impact player.

Coyle (DE Bozeman, Griz) had some good plays at DE in the first half, didn’t see him much in the second half though.

Lear (QB Fairfield, ??) had a great game, reminded me of Desin

Swain (RB Billings West, ??) Was a stud RB, very hard to tackle, seemed to make a lot of yards after contact.

Buer (RB Huntly, ??) Great game, had some key plays in the game.

Kittleson (LB Glasgow, ??) Great game, always seemed to be in on the play.

Rowberry (Sheriden) was injured in the game (Knee or ankle), hate to see that happen in an all star game and hope it isn’t too serious.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:46 am

Lear going to Northern, Buer going to Griz. Rowberry broke both bones in lower leg and was to have surgery that night. Ueland from Butte had an arm injury that I hear either broken lower arm or a shoulder injury. Great game, East had ball inside 25 with 2 turnovers and 2 missed field goals. Moved the ball well all night. West capitalized on their TD's, one on good field position after trading punts and one snap over punters head. Final play of regulation East blocks punt picked up by Kalfell(MC) with blockers behind him, Hirsch(sp)(Belgrade) makes game saving tackle at one foot line and West wins in OT. Northern also gets Reyant who played very well at QB for West and King who kicked the FG to win as well as I believe 6-7 others. Carroll had about 7 in the game. I thought Tripp from Big Sky played a heck of a game. Timmer looked faster than I expected and made several nice plays.

Sports is not bigger than life

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:08 am

cats2506 wrote:Bertelsen (WR Wibaux, Cat) is the real deal, he will be fun to watch in the next few years, he had several key catches and is a leader on the field.
I watched a replay of the Mon-Dak bowl and liked the way he ran, he's a very tough runner. Him and Kirk might be the first MT boys in quite a while to provide quality minutes at RB in a few years. How did Aleksei Grosulak play because I also watched him in the Mon-Dak and he was all over the place. He's going to be a very good LB.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:13 pm

cats2506 wrote:Great game! 1st overtime in E/W history

Bertelsen (WR Wibaux, Cat) is the real deal, he will be fun to watch in the next few years, he had several key catches and is a leader on the field.

Pelczar (DB Billings West, Griz) is a real gamer, too bad he is going to the dark side, he will be an impact player.

Coyle (DE Bozeman, Griz) had some good plays at DE in the first half, didn’t see him much in the second half though.

Lear (QB Fairfield, ??) had a great game, reminded me of Desin

Swain (RB Billings West, ??) Was a stud RB, very hard to tackle, seemed to make a lot of yards after contact.

Buer (RB Huntly, ??) Great game, had some key plays in the game.

Kittleson (LB Glasgow, ??) Great game, always seemed to be in on the play.

Rowberry (Sheriden) was injured in the game (Knee or ankle), hate to see that happen in an all star game and hope it isn’t too serious.
Mackey Nolan had some real nice punts. One looked liked it would bring rain.

I thought the trip kid out of Missoula looked good as did Parrish. They were in the east backfield all night. Cody Kirk looks like he will be a player for the Cats. Not real big but he plays bigger than he is. Grosulak will get a lot of playing time for the Cats down the road. I think that kid is going to be a stud. I agree with the Bertelsen observation as well. Fun game to watch. East blocked a kick with 4 seconds left and returned it to the 5. Would have probably scored if the kid running with the kid returning the kick had made a block instead of running to the celebration.

IYAACYAS

doseofreality
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by doseofreality » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:06 pm

Who was the last RB from the state of Montana to post a 1000 yard season for the Cats?

maroon
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by maroon » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:18 am

cats2506 wrote: Rowberry (Sheriden) was injured in the game (Knee or ankle), hate to see that happen in an all star game and hope it isn’t too serious.
Tanner Rowberry broke both bones in his leg.