Josh Huestis transfering to a prep school?

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Josh Huestis transfering to a prep school?

Post by whitetrashgriz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:11 am

basketballp wrote:in what way is he not being a kid/..im not really understanding what you are trying to say but im guessing you mean he should just stay in montana with his friends and enjoy life at his highschool then if his friends also goes to montana state he should also go there and be with his friends and enjoy life etc?..is that what youre saying?..just asking. but if that is what you are saying then a kid can have just as much fun going somewhere else and making friends at where ever they go because youre friends and family will still be there.
hmmm. well, no i'm not saying that if his friends go to msu he should too. and i'm not saying if his friends become engineers he should too. and i'm not saying that if his friends move to vermont he should too. i think we can agree that concept is silly and i'm sure you worded it that way intentionally. could he enjoy life and make new friends somewhere else? obviously. and so could my 7 year old son if i decide to start shipping him around the country where he can really master his golf game and be the next tiger woods. i don't understand how this idea is being lost on you. i'm sure josh could move to romania and make friends and "live life". but what i'm saying, is that it he is truly so good he's getting looks from all over the country, which i believe he is, then i don't see the need for a 17 year old to leave his mom and dad, brothers or sisters, family and friends, school and community. he will probably be moving away to college in less than a year anyway, so he has the rest of his life to go out into the real world. i remember my senior year in high school, and i wouldn't trade those memories for anything.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

quincey hodges
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by quincey hodges » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:44 pm

espn has finally posted his grade and gave him a 90 which says " 90-100: Immediate Impact ProspectPlayer demonstrates rare abilities and has the potential to start as a freshman for a national, top-25 program".

whitetrashgriz
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by whitetrashgriz » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:28 pm

quincey hodges wrote:espn has finally posted his grade and gave him a 90 which says " 90-100: Immediate Impact ProspectPlayer demonstrates rare abilities and has the potential to start as a freshman for a national, top-25 program".
saw that too. and it will probably still say that after he leads cmr to another state championship. good for him. impressive.

do you have to know everything to post here? or just think you do?

quincey hodges
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by quincey hodges » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:11 pm

it will at least stay that way. i personally think it will raise up after this year in which he leads them to a undefeated season and championship..ill stay on him about that weekly at least

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:46 am

Looking forward to being able to watch play a lot this year for CMR.

Watching him next year will be more difficult for most of us.

IYAACYAS

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:01 am

One would wish Josh and his parents would sit down with Jack Gillespie, Tom Storm (both from Great Falls) and Kermit Young from Fairfield and discuss what it's like to be not too far removed (mid 60s) from 29 and win THEE ONLY PRESEASON basketball tournament! Also consider what could have been had Wayne Estes and Mike Lewis attended MSU! Were Josh to decide to stay in Bozo, Tyler Miller could possibly be persuaded to waffle back to the Cats and a few if Chanay's, Brickhouse's, etc...grandkids would find their way back home. Heck, we even had a Jerry West somewhat adopted kid come to our own FIELDHOUSE!

Kick Ass Cats! FTG!!!! GCG!!!! ESG!!!! GCG!!!!