UM/NAU Predictions

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WYCAT
Member # Retired

UM/NAU Predictions

Post by WYCAT » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:00 pm

I really think this will be a close game. NAU has a lot to prove after last week (as do the griz) and I think they will play much better. Murietta will throw a lot and we all know how the griz secondary has been this year. I think the griz win in a high scoring game with a blocked fg at the end: Griz-37, NAU-34.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:08 pm

Wycat, while this a valid topic, I am going to move it over to the College Sports board rather than the Cat board.

As for my pick, my heart says NAU in a squeker, but my head says that the Griz bounce back and post a solid double digit win in this one.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:10 pm

Not really sure how to call this one. I haven't seen NAU play a lot this year, but they were soundly beaten by MSU AND EWU. So if UM is a top tier team this year, I will say they will beat them by 17+

GRIZZLES - 35
NAU - 14

If NAU hangs close in Missoula, then I really have a good feeling about the Cat/Griz game on Nov. 20th.
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:20 pm

Griz will stumble early but home cooking* sees them through:

Griz 31

NAU 21

*Home cooking: 20,000+ fans, MONTE, early winter OUTDOOR weather, and Big Sky refs (after they receive their pregame "gratuity" from Denny Washington).

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

Robcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Robcat » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:23 pm

NAU is really going to be up for this game, plus they are stinging from last weekend. Griz will play their usual game. It will be close, I give UM the nod by 3.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:27 pm

Griz by a touchdown in yet another ugly win. I'm so damn tired of those. :( :(

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:23 pm

I'm not even going to guess at this one, okay nevermind I will. Tough one though, because it really depends on which teams show up! Last year the Griz steamrolled them at their place and we barely squeaked by AT HOME! This year we steamrolled them at home so logic would dictate that the Griz squeak by with the help of an onside kick? No. Griz 39 Jacks 31.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:55 am

NAU's offense is anemic, but UM's defense can't stop anybody. Murietta will have a good day, and Roger Robinson will run all over the pathetic griz D - he has something to prove to the griz today after not playing against them last year. The griz O will score points, though, and I see the griz pulling off another squeaker in Washington-Bobcat Stadium.

griz 31

Lumberflops 27

GO CATS GO!!!