Results of interest-10-30-04

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Results of interest-10-30-04

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:50 pm

Remember Adams State? None of us had much good to say about the other Griz on the Bobcat's schedule. They've reeled off 7 wins in a row after we beat them. They beat Western State 35-13 on Saturday. Nice to see them doing well.

Cal Poly 33, Cal Davis 36. I must admit I was rooting for CP to make the playoffs this year, but this result may benefit the Big Sky most of all. If EWU knocks off the Mustangs next week I would guess Cal Poly is out of it and that opens up another at-large playoff spot that could go to a Big Sky team.

South Dakota State 7, Georgia Southern 63. Ouch, the Jackrabbits were road kill for GSU's option attack. GSU could probably finish in the upper half of the SEC this year and beat a lot of bowl eligible 1-A teams. I want MSU to be an elite 1-AA team, but this score seems to indicate that we've got a long ways to go beings we only beat the Jackrabbits by 3. Of course most would agree that NAU is a much better team than SDSU and we beat NAU 60-14, so maybe we're not that far off? The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Meanwhile-GSU can probably start making a little more room in their trophy case.

Weber State 26, Idaho State 14. It's amazing how ISU chokes against Weber year after year. How did Weber stop those big athletic ISU receivers?

griz 32, Portland State 35. griz lose a tough one...that's ashame :( Suddenly the Bobcats are in the drivers seat. Hope they can handle it.
Last edited by BelgradeBobcat on Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.