Gold Rush Saturday!

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Gold Rush
New Recruit

Gold Rush Saturday!

Post by Gold Rush » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:31 am

Bobcat Fans - let's make a statement at the playoff game and turn Bobcat Stadium Gold. Wear anything gold (or remotely close) and a lot of it.

Blue is great but it doesn't stand out. Let's not be outdone by our counterparts to the west. Their whole stadium was ONE color at Cat/Griz and it was impressive. There are flyers all over campus encouraging fans to wear gold to the big game - let's all do it!

I know you've got something blue but wear something GOLD! If you don't have it, GET IT. We haven't had a home playoff in 22 years, let's make it count!

1BadBobcat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 1BadBobcat » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:50 pm

The only only problem with this is that you may have some some show up in gold and others show up in yellow. That's one marketing problem our program has - a defined set of blue & gold colors. I like the idea, but I think the blue is the way to go. Also, keep in mind, it is only gonna be about 30 degrees. Most folks are gonna be wearing snow pants, Carharts, ski jackets, etc. I am more concerned that we fill the stadium and we're LOUD!!!!!

“If you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.” - John Wayne -

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:44 am

Here's my .02

The main difference is that maroon is the primary color, just like blue is our primary color. Hence maroon and silver or blue and gold. If you look at any MSU marketing (signs, uniforms, etc) you will notice that blue is the predominant color. Same thing with UM marketing Maroon is the predominant color.

So we are going to market gold as our predominant color, for one game of the season? In business you don't set policy based on one day of the year. Why the change now?

My final .02

Does anyone remember how horrible the copper and gold (emphasis) on gold looked on TV?

I will support my bobcats but my bobcat wear will be blue, sorry.

Cat Gal
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cat Gal » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:47 am

I have to agree. I just bought a new Cat coat at Universal Athletics that cost a bunch, and I am sure as heck going to wear it Saturday. I am going for the warmth.