What's wrong with Carroll?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

What's wrong with Carroll?

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:40 am

I have heard that ever since the Narles Lane incident involving a coed that seemingly had either friends or a brother on the football team, the team has been divided with one faction favoring the illeged victim, and one faction favoring Narles.

I have heard several rumors and do not know if they are factual but, it seems as though one faction had been threatening Narles even though the administration found him not at fault. The thing that is hard to understand is how the school could exhonorate him without a full investigation bringing the authorities into it? I've obviously missed some thing!

My sources say he was a good kid who was isolated by the incident and just couldn't cope with the threats and accusations being leveled on him by some teamates and fellow students. It a shame that he didin't have anyone to talk to about his feelings. It may have prevented his death and kept a dark cloud from pervading a fine institution.

I feel sorry for Mike Van Diest whom I have known from childhood. He doesn't deserve the upheaval this has evidently caused his previously No. 1 ranked team.
Last edited by Helcat72 on Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

2024 Resume dominance

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:45 am

I heard the same thing and that victim had a brother on the team.

They looked pretty bad against Western last weekend.

On a lighter side, the Chinook helicopter they brought in before kickoff was great.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.