LSU vs S Carolina — Brawl at SEC Championship

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

LSU vs S Carolina — Brawl at SEC Championship

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:40 am

Full-on brawl between Kim Mulkey’s and Dawn Staley’s WBB teams in the SEC Championship.

https://youtu.be/vCLuoCHTByE?si=-4Wr328Jsy0l4v3m

This was seemingly inevitable. The two most classless teams proving it on the court. Even one of the player’s brothers jumped the press table to get involved. It’s hard to believe these teams play in the same tournament as our well-behaved MSU Bobcats women’s basketball team. We should be so thankful for what we have. I’d love to see the NCAA suspend both of these coaches and teams from the NCAA Tournament. If one of them wins the tournament it will set WBB back seriously — or change the entire game down the road. I know I’m not looking forward to an Iowa / LSU rematch. I enjoy basketball too much. Just one cheerful old man’s opinion.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: LSU vs S Carolina — Brawl at SEC Championship

Post by MSU01 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:50 pm

I love watching all of the top WBB teams, LSU and South Carolina included, and certainly wouldn't want to see teams suspended from the NCAA Tournament for an incident that barely would've made news if it had happened in a men's game. Suspend the players involved if appropriate and move on. South Carolina and LSU have won a combined three championships over the past decade and Kim Mulkey won a fourth when she was at Baylor. It hasn't set the game back yet, so not sure why it would happen this year. Women's basketball is at its highest peak of popularity ever and that will only continue as the WNBA grows stronger and great young players like Juju Watkins of USC and Hannah Hidalgo of Notre Dame rise up.