Bob Huggins

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Bob Huggins

Post by MSU01 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:19 pm

First there were the anti-gay comments on the radio, now there's this...RaeQuan might be playing for a different coach than he thought at this rate.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... pittsburgh

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Bob Huggins

Post by Mtcatfan » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:25 pm

😳

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:03 am

Huggins officially resigned so Battle will definitely be playing for someone else, just depends on where he'll be playing this year. I don't think he'll come back to MSU, but it'll be interesting to see if he chooses to go elsewhere or stay at West Virginia.

GRIZFNZ
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZFNZ » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:24 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:03 am
Huggins officially resigned so Battle will definitely be playing for someone else, just depends on where he'll be playing this year. I don't think he'll come back to MSU, but it'll be interesting to see if he chooses to go elsewhere or stay at West Virginia.
It would be interesting to know the terms of his NIL deal. Did he receive money up front, that would have to be paid back if he leaves? Are SA’s released of their NIL contracts if a coach departs? I hope all these SA’s have good legal representation and accountants..NIL seems like a very slippery slope.

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:35 pm

GRIZFNZ wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:24 pm
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:03 am
It would be interesting to know the terms of his NIL deal. Did he receive money up front, that would have to be paid back if he leaves? Are SA’s released of their NIL contracts if a coach departs? I hope all these SA’s have good legal representation and accountants..NIL seems like a very slippery slope.
I believe the Quinn Ewers situation at OSU played out that if a player leaves and you're giving them NIL money then you're SOL. They don't have to pay back anything

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:19 pm

Huggins saying he did not resign and wants his job back …

https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/2675295