Friz vs USD

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

User avatar
catsrback76
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6982
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:18 am
Location: 2300 meters up in Ethiopia!

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:43 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:02 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:59 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:52 pm
Cal Poly though. Wow
They’re beating up on that San Diego team from the pioneer league. I think that team is down a bit this year and remember it’s a non schollie school. I saw San Diego has also put up 500+ yards of O.

On another note have any of you guys seen this Coke commercial that I swear they stole the Cats logo and changed it to the Tomcats. Kinda funny.
I thought the same thing when I saw that commercial. Close to the Cats logo, but not exact.
It's the Texas State logo boys, check it out it isn't MSU!



AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2124
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by AFCAT » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:28 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:43 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:02 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:59 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:52 pm
Cal Poly though. Wow
They’re beating up on that San Diego team from the pioneer league. I think that team is down a bit this year and remember it’s a non schollie school. I saw San Diego has also put up 500+ yards of O.

On another note have any of you guys seen this Coke commercial that I swear they stole the Cats logo and changed it to the Tomcats. Kinda funny.
I thought the same thing when I saw that commercial. Close to the Cats logo, but not exact.
It's the Texas State logo boys, check it out it isn't MSU!
Yeah, I realize it wasn’t the Cats logo. I wrote that is was close but not exact!


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

superbobcat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:14 am

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by superbobcat » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:11 am

I hope they get their wish and this win vaults them to No. 1 in the nation and they return to glory. I look forward to hearing how dominant they were on Tuesday at work. I especially am excited to hear how Bobby has once again reached Icon status and that the griz have rose from the ashes and once again will rule the FCS.



timjayko
New Recruit
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by timjayko » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:12 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:27 pm
Sneed is good, WR's are good, and that's it on the offense.

The Griz are a good team. It'll be a battle when we play them.
Don't forget about RB Marcus Knight. This guy is a baller. Did you happen see his shake and bake move near the goalline to reach the endzone? Totally faked out the SD defender.



timjayko
New Recruit
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by timjayko » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:19 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:38 pm
I have already heard 2 friends of mine say that the Griz will go toe to toe with U of Oregon. They really think they are amazing. You beat South Dakota, wow!!
That's crazy talk lol. If Griz can put up a couple of TD's against the Ducks I see that as a win for us. I predict Oregon to score at least 55 on us.



Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1014
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:23 pm

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:26 pm

timjayko wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:19 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:38 pm
I have already heard 2 friends of mine say that the Griz will go toe to toe with U of Oregon. They really think they are amazing. You beat South Dakota, wow!!
That's crazy talk lol. If Griz can put up a couple of TD's against the Ducks I see that as a win for us. I predict Oregon to score at least 55 on us.
I don’t see the scoring more than 10 points, if that. If they manage 10, the TD will probably be on a turnover or special teams. Ten points would be a moral victory. My 2 cents.



Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1014
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:23 pm

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:27 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:26 pm
timjayko wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:19 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:38 pm
I have already heard 2 friends of mine say that the Griz will go toe to toe with U of Oregon. They really think they are amazing. You beat South Dakota, wow!!
That's crazy talk lol. If Griz can put up a couple of TD's against the Ducks I see that as a win for us. I predict Oregon to score at least 55 on us.
I don’t see the scoring more than 10 points, if that. If they manage 10, the TD will probably be on a turnover or special teams. Ten points would be a moral victory. My 2 cents.
Look for something like 63-7.



User avatar
seataccat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 969
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Portland or Seattle

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by seataccat » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:21 pm

[*]
Griznationalist wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:27 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:26 pm
timjayko wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:19 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:38 pm
I have already heard 2 friends of mine say that the Griz will go toe to toe with U of Oregon. They really think they are amazing. You beat South Dakota, wow!!
That's crazy talk lol. If Griz can put up a couple of TD's against the Ducks I see that as a win for us. I predict Oregon to score at least 55 on us.
I don’t see the scoring more than 10 points, if that. If they manage 10, the TD will probably be on a turnover or special teams. Ten points would be a moral victory. My 2 cents.
Look for something like 63-7.
That was about what the score was when you guys played Washington last, but the ducks are not as good as the huskies were or are. It will be something like 50-12.


"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

timjayko
New Recruit
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by timjayko » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:22 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:27 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:26 pm
timjayko wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:19 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:38 pm
I have already heard 2 friends of mine say that the Griz will go toe to toe with U of Oregon. They really think they are amazing. You beat South Dakota, wow!!
That's crazy talk lol. If Griz can put up a couple of TD's against the Ducks I see that as a win for us. I predict Oregon to score at least 55 on us.
I don’t see the scoring more than 10 points, if that. If they manage 10, the TD will probably be on a turnover or special teams. Ten points would be a moral victory. My 2 cents.
Look for something like 63-7.
If Griz score a TD I'd actually predict it to be on a pass play to Toure or Akem.. special teams or turnover TD for Griz would be awesome but unlikely IMHO.



User avatar
MTCowpoke22
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:25 am
Location: NE Montana

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by MTCowpoke22 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:47 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:17 pm
MTCowpoke22 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:47 pm
Little brothers to the west look a lot like last year through the first quarter. D has been decent, but offense is a mess. Sneed with a huge throw on their first play, but then three poor plays and a missed field goal. No running game to speak of and not much time to throw with a deep pick. Their supposedly improved offensive line isn't getting it done.
I don’t know. They put up 510 yards and Sneed put up Nintendo numbers so it couldn’t have been that bad.
Obviously they made the adjustments they needed to after the first quarter, which is when I stopped watching. The white and tinfoil was starting to burn my retinas.


There's the truth, and then there's what's reported in the papers.

User avatar
WeedKillinCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:19 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by WeedKillinCat » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:57 am

Question is how good is USD...um made good adjustments USD did not. friz could not run the ball....


1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

GRIZFNZ
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:02 pm

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by GRIZFNZ » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:29 am

WeedKillinCat wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:57 am
Question is how good is USD...um made good adjustments USD did not. friz could not run the ball....
No sense trying to run against a team that loads up with 8 on the line. It appears that Bobby has learned to take advantage of what the D gives as opposed to trying to force a run game to attempt to prove a point.



autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:35 pm

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by autocat » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:05 pm

Move this to egriz:

Why you playing Oregon for the 650,000?

I thought you could have a home game and make more money?

What is enrollment this semester? No, you can't count the elderly that will be moving into the empty dorms as student enrollment :shock:



StatedImprovement
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by StatedImprovement » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:01 pm

Oops... this cat fan ^|^ is both bitter and butt-hurt



GoldstoneCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 861
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by GoldstoneCat » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:13 pm

StatedImprovement wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:01 pm
Oops... this cat fan ^|^ is both bitter and butt-hurt
Yes, we're all super butt-hurt that we lost to Texas tech. Especially since you guys will beat Oregon in 2 weeks. And double butt hurt since you beat the 2020 FCS national champions on Saturday. How will we ever go on? Get the fainting couch. :roll:



User avatar
RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3450
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by RickRund » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:46 pm

StatedImprovement wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:01 pm
Oops... this cat fan ^|^ is both bitter and butt-hurt
So I guess you can't answer the question... Is this the semester that puts cc of um under 7000?



GRIZFNZ
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:02 pm

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by GRIZFNZ » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:59 pm

RickRund wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:46 pm
StatedImprovement wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:01 pm
Oops... this cat fan ^|^ is both bitter and butt-hurt
So I guess you can't answer the question... Is this the semester that puts cc of um under 7000?
Word on the street is that enrollment is trending up. Sorry to disappoint you.



User avatar
Cledus
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4064
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by Cledus » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:01 pm

GRIZFNZ wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:59 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:46 pm
StatedImprovement wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:01 pm
Oops... this cat fan ^|^ is both bitter and butt-hurt
So I guess you can't answer the question... Is this the semester that puts cc of um under 7000?
Word on the street is that enrollment is trending up. Sorry to disappoint you.
Only because MSU is starting to turn away applicants.



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 12836
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:08 pm

GRIZFNZ wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:59 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:46 pm
StatedImprovement wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:01 pm
Oops... this cat fan ^|^ is both bitter and butt-hurt
So I guess you can't answer the question... Is this the semester that puts cc of um under 7000?
Word on the street is that enrollment is trending up. Sorry to disappoint you.
Trending? Sorry, but I had to ask if that's the word you meant to use. :wink:


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6227
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Friz vs USD

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:22 am

GRIZFNZ wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:59 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:46 pm
StatedImprovement wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:01 pm
Oops... this cat fan ^|^ is both bitter and butt-hurt
So I guess you can't answer the question... Is this the semester that puts cc of um under 7000?
Word on the street is that enrollment is trending up. Sorry to disappoint you.
One semester is not a trend. Sorry to disappoint you.


Image

Post Reply