Bobby's Seven Year Plan

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

User avatar
cats2506
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7765
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Lewistown

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by cats2506 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:25 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am
I see that Bobby has finally decided to get back to his old schtick with some comments about MSU last night. Honestly I enjoy that. It was long overdue.

That said, he was on record saying griz fans can expect a full turnaround with his program in as many as 7 years. :shock:

If you recall when Choate was hired he was preaching patience. He had a four year plan in place where he expected this team to be really good. As of now his plans appear to be right on track. Many griz fans were laughing at the idea we'd hire a coach claiming it takes that long to be national contenders. They said that would NEVER fly in Missoula because the expectations there are so high. They expect to vie for national championships every year! (Don't tell them it's been nearly two decades)

I guess my question is how does this fly? Is bobby really such a savior over there that people have no issues with a 7 year plan?

It's almost as if it's changed over there... :-k
You’re not being completely honest here. For the record he said initially he felt it MAY take 4 to 7 years, and that he feels the current team is ahead of that schedule. Your Coach is in year 4 and still has a sub .500 record. Maybe tjT was part of his 4 year plan?
Ok. So the plan could take 4-7 years. Doesn't change what I was saying. Choate had a 4 year plan where he promised improvement every year. Lose big, lose small, win small, win big. Up to this point he has done just that. If you're bored go back and read the comments from griz fans both here and on egriz and see what they thought about that plan. Lol. Heck even some cat fans were acting like 4 years to expect success was crazy.

Now fast forward. The messiah is back in Missoula. It's a forgone conclusion that he'll be stacking up big sky championships and competing for national championships. The idea that he won't have that kind of success in not even a possibility. But it might take apparently FOUR to seven years this time. What makes Choates philosophy and Bobby's so different?

What would fans have said if it was Stitt rather than the 2nd coming suggesting the re-haul would take 4-7 years?

And what has changed in Missoula where a 4-7 year plan to success is now tolerated. When Choate was hired I was told that would never be acceptable in Missoula. Is it just acceptable now because the messiah is the one saying it?

I'm genuinely curious. :-k
Who said it’s acceptable? You assume too much. If Bobby is sub .500 after year 3 and the teams aren’t improving I fully expect him to be on the hot seat. I think our AD does too. You guys like to take what one Griz fan says or thinks and then extrapolate it into the entire fan base. That happened the other day on here too when someone claimed all of Griz Nation was claiming we’d beat Oregon. I posted proof that was absolutely false. Stitt got fired for a 7-4 record after 3 years. That should tell you all you need to know about expectations in Missoula.
Lets be honest, Stitt got fired for losing 2 years in a row to the Cats, not for a 7-4 record


PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1255
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:09 pm

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:36 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:25 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am
I see that Bobby has finally decided to get back to his old schtick with some comments about MSU last night. Honestly I enjoy that. It was long overdue.

That said, he was on record saying griz fans can expect a full turnaround with his program in as many as 7 years. :shock:

If you recall when Choate was hired he was preaching patience. He had a four year plan in place where he expected this team to be really good. As of now his plans appear to be right on track. Many griz fans were laughing at the idea we'd hire a coach claiming it takes that long to be national contenders. They said that would NEVER fly in Missoula because the expectations there are so high. They expect to vie for national championships every year! (Don't tell them it's been nearly two decades)

I guess my question is how does this fly? Is bobby really such a savior over there that people have no issues with a 7 year plan?

It's almost as if it's changed over there... :-k
You’re not being completely honest here. For the record he said initially he felt it MAY take 4 to 7 years, and that he feels the current team is ahead of that schedule. Your Coach is in year 4 and still has a sub .500 record. Maybe tjT was part of his 4 year plan?
Ok. So the plan could take 4-7 years. Doesn't change what I was saying. Choate had a 4 year plan where he promised improvement every year. Lose big, lose small, win small, win big. Up to this point he has done just that. If you're bored go back and read the comments from griz fans both here and on egriz and see what they thought about that plan. Lol. Heck even some cat fans were acting like 4 years to expect success was crazy.

Now fast forward. The messiah is back in Missoula. It's a forgone conclusion that he'll be stacking up big sky championships and competing for national championships. The idea that he won't have that kind of success in not even a possibility. But it might take apparently FOUR to seven years this time. What makes Choates philosophy and Bobby's so different?

What would fans have said if it was Stitt rather than the 2nd coming suggesting the re-haul would take 4-7 years?

And what has changed in Missoula where a 4-7 year plan to success is now tolerated. When Choate was hired I was told that would never be acceptable in Missoula. Is it just acceptable now because the messiah is the one saying it?

I'm genuinely curious. :-k
Who said it’s acceptable? You assume too much. If Bobby is sub .500 after year 3 and the teams aren’t improving I fully expect him to be on the hot seat. I think our AD does too. You guys like to take what one Griz fan says or thinks and then extrapolate it into the entire fan base. That happened the other day on here too when someone claimed all of Griz Nation was claiming we’d beat Oregon. I posted proof that was absolutely false. Stitt got fired for a 7-4 record after 3 years. That should tell you all you need to know about expectations in Missoula.
Lets be honest, Stitt got fired for losing 2 years in a row to the Cats, not for a 7-4 record
That definitely played into it. And missing playoffs.



Cataholic
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1909
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:58 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am
I see that Bobby has finally decided to get back to his old schtick with some comments about MSU last night. Honestly I enjoy that. It was long overdue.

That said, he was on record saying griz fans can expect a full turnaround with his program in as many as 7 years. :shock:

If you recall when Choate was hired he was preaching patience. He had a four year plan in place where he expected this team to be really good. As of now his plans appear to be right on track. Many griz fans were laughing at the idea we'd hire a coach claiming it takes that long to be national contenders. They said that would NEVER fly in Missoula because the expectations there are so high. They expect to vie for national championships every year! (Don't tell them it's been nearly two decades)

I guess my question is how does this fly? Is bobby really such a savior over there that people have no issues with a 7 year plan?

It's almost as if it's changed over there... :-k
You’re not being completely honest here. For the record he said initially he felt it MAY take 4 to 7 years, and that he feels the current team is ahead of that schedule. Your Coach is in year 4 and still has a sub .500 record. Maybe tjT was part of his 4 year plan?
Ok. So the plan could take 4-7 years. Doesn't change what I was saying. Choate had a 4 year plan where he promised improvement every year. Lose big, lose small, win small, win big. Up to this point he has done just that. If you're bored go back and read the comments from griz fans both here and on egriz and see what they thought about that plan. Lol. Heck even some cat fans were acting like 4 years to expect success was crazy.

Now fast forward. The messiah is back in Missoula. It's a forgone conclusion that he'll be stacking up big sky championships and competing for national championships. The idea that he won't have that kind of success in not even a possibility. But it might take apparently FOUR to seven years this time. What makes Choates philosophy and Bobby's so different?

What would fans have said if it was Stitt rather than the 2nd coming suggesting the re-haul would take 4-7 years?

And what has changed in Missoula where a 4-7 year plan to success is now tolerated. When Choate was hired I was told that would never be acceptable in Missoula. Is it just acceptable now because the messiah is the one saying it?

I'm genuinely curious. :-k
You are 100% correct. There is a double standard with Griz fans on this subject..



User avatar
cats2506
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7765
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Lewistown

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by cats2506 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:36 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:25 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am
I see that Bobby has finally decided to get back to his old schtick with some comments about MSU last night. Honestly I enjoy that. It was long overdue.

That said, he was on record saying griz fans can expect a full turnaround with his program in as many as 7 years. :shock:

If you recall when Choate was hired he was preaching patience. He had a four year plan in place where he expected this team to be really good. As of now his plans appear to be right on track. Many griz fans were laughing at the idea we'd hire a coach claiming it takes that long to be national contenders. They said that would NEVER fly in Missoula because the expectations there are so high. They expect to vie for national championships every year! (Don't tell them it's been nearly two decades)

I guess my question is how does this fly? Is bobby really such a savior over there that people have no issues with a 7 year plan?

It's almost as if it's changed over there... :-k
You’re not being completely honest here. For the record he said initially he felt it MAY take 4 to 7 years, and that he feels the current team is ahead of that schedule. Your Coach is in year 4 and still has a sub .500 record. Maybe tjT was part of his 4 year plan?
Ok. So the plan could take 4-7 years. Doesn't change what I was saying. Choate had a 4 year plan where he promised improvement every year. Lose big, lose small, win small, win big. Up to this point he has done just that. If you're bored go back and read the comments from griz fans both here and on egriz and see what they thought about that plan. Lol. Heck even some cat fans were acting like 4 years to expect success was crazy.

Now fast forward. The messiah is back in Missoula. It's a forgone conclusion that he'll be stacking up big sky championships and competing for national championships. The idea that he won't have that kind of success in not even a possibility. But it might take apparently FOUR to seven years this time. What makes Choates philosophy and Bobby's so different?

What would fans have said if it was Stitt rather than the 2nd coming suggesting the re-haul would take 4-7 years?

And what has changed in Missoula where a 4-7 year plan to success is now tolerated. When Choate was hired I was told that would never be acceptable in Missoula. Is it just acceptable now because the messiah is the one saying it?

I'm genuinely curious. :-k
Who said it’s acceptable? You assume too much. If Bobby is sub .500 after year 3 and the teams aren’t improving I fully expect him to be on the hot seat. I think our AD does too. You guys like to take what one Griz fan says or thinks and then extrapolate it into the entire fan base. That happened the other day on here too when someone claimed all of Griz Nation was claiming we’d beat Oregon. I posted proof that was absolutely false. Stitt got fired for a 7-4 record after 3 years. That should tell you all you need to know about expectations in Missoula.
Lets be honest, Stitt got fired for losing 2 years in a row to the Cats, not for a 7-4 record
That definitely played into it. And missing playoffs.
If he had missed the playoffs but beat the Cats he would probably still be in Missoula and Bobby would still be the coffee boy for some other head coach


PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

ilovethecats
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3553
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:40 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am
I see that Bobby has finally decided to get back to his old schtick with some comments about MSU last night. Honestly I enjoy that. It was long overdue.

That said, he was on record saying griz fans can expect a full turnaround with his program in as many as 7 years. :shock:

If you recall when Choate was hired he was preaching patience. He had a four year plan in place where he expected this team to be really good. As of now his plans appear to be right on track. Many griz fans were laughing at the idea we'd hire a coach claiming it takes that long to be national contenders. They said that would NEVER fly in Missoula because the expectations there are so high. They expect to vie for national championships every year! (Don't tell them it's been nearly two decades)

I guess my question is how does this fly? Is bobby really such a savior over there that people have no issues with a 7 year plan?

It's almost as if it's changed over there... :-k
You’re not being completely honest here. For the record he said initially he felt it MAY take 4 to 7 years, and that he feels the current team is ahead of that schedule. Your Coach is in year 4 and still has a sub .500 record. Maybe tjT was part of his 4 year plan?
Ok. So the plan could take 4-7 years. Doesn't change what I was saying. Choate had a 4 year plan where he promised improvement every year. Lose big, lose small, win small, win big. Up to this point he has done just that. If you're bored go back and read the comments from griz fans both here and on egriz and see what they thought about that plan. Lol. Heck even some cat fans were acting like 4 years to expect success was crazy.

Now fast forward. The messiah is back in Missoula. It's a forgone conclusion that he'll be stacking up big sky championships and competing for national championships. The idea that he won't have that kind of success in not even a possibility. But it might take apparently FOUR to seven years this time. What makes Choates philosophy and Bobby's so different?

What would fans have said if it was Stitt rather than the 2nd coming suggesting the re-haul would take 4-7 years?

And what has changed in Missoula where a 4-7 year plan to success is now tolerated. When Choate was hired I was told that would never be acceptable in Missoula. Is it just acceptable now because the messiah is the one saying it?

I'm genuinely curious. :-k
Who said it’s acceptable? You assume too much. If Bobby is sub .500 after year 3 and the teams aren’t improving I fully expect him to be on the hot seat. I think our AD does too. You guys like to take what one Griz fan says or thinks and then extrapolate it into the entire fan base. That happened the other day on here too when someone claimed all of Griz Nation was claiming we’d beat Oregon. I posted proof that was absolutely false. Stitt got fired for a 7-4 record after 3 years. That should tell you all you need to know about expectations in Missoula.
Um....pot meet kettle. I get tied in with all cat fans just like you get tied in with all griz fans. I take it on egriz and you're no different here.

I ASSUME the fanbase is ok with a 4-7 year plan because I haven't heard otherwise. Have you? I don't hear the outrage at such a timely timeline to getting back on top. You're the Griz afterall!

And I assume you believe that Bob will get fired this season if he goes 7-5? :lol:



Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1255
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:09 pm

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:07 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:40 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am
I see that Bobby has finally decided to get back to his old schtick with some comments about MSU last night. Honestly I enjoy that. It was long overdue.

That said, he was on record saying griz fans can expect a full turnaround with his program in as many as 7 years. :shock:

If you recall when Choate was hired he was preaching patience. He had a four year plan in place where he expected this team to be really good. As of now his plans appear to be right on track. Many griz fans were laughing at the idea we'd hire a coach claiming it takes that long to be national contenders. They said that would NEVER fly in Missoula because the expectations there are so high. They expect to vie for national championships every year! (Don't tell them it's been nearly two decades)

I guess my question is how does this fly? Is bobby really such a savior over there that people have no issues with a 7 year plan?

It's almost as if it's changed over there... :-k
You’re not being completely honest here. For the record he said initially he felt it MAY take 4 to 7 years, and that he feels the current team is ahead of that schedule. Your Coach is in year 4 and still has a sub .500 record. Maybe tjT was part of his 4 year plan?
Ok. So the plan could take 4-7 years. Doesn't change what I was saying. Choate had a 4 year plan where he promised improvement every year. Lose big, lose small, win small, win big. Up to this point he has done just that. If you're bored go back and read the comments from griz fans both here and on egriz and see what they thought about that plan. Lol. Heck even some cat fans were acting like 4 years to expect success was crazy.

Now fast forward. The messiah is back in Missoula. It's a forgone conclusion that he'll be stacking up big sky championships and competing for national championships. The idea that he won't have that kind of success in not even a possibility. But it might take apparently FOUR to seven years this time. What makes Choates philosophy and Bobby's so different?

What would fans have said if it was Stitt rather than the 2nd coming suggesting the re-haul would take 4-7 years?

And what has changed in Missoula where a 4-7 year plan to success is now tolerated. When Choate was hired I was told that would never be acceptable in Missoula. Is it just acceptable now because the messiah is the one saying it?

I'm genuinely curious. :-k
Who said it’s acceptable? You assume too much. If Bobby is sub .500 after year 3 and the teams aren’t improving I fully expect him to be on the hot seat. I think our AD does too. You guys like to take what one Griz fan says or thinks and then extrapolate it into the entire fan base. That happened the other day on here too when someone claimed all of Griz Nation was claiming we’d beat Oregon. I posted proof that was absolutely false. Stitt got fired for a 7-4 record after 3 years. That should tell you all you need to know about expectations in Missoula.
Um....pot meet kettle. I get tied in with all cat fans just like you get tied in with all griz fans. I take it on egriz and you're no different here.

I ASSUME the fanbase is ok with a 4-7 year plan because I haven't heard otherwise. Have you? I don't hear the outrage at such a timely timeline to getting back on top. You're the Griz afterall!

And I assume you believe that Bob will get fired this season if he goes 7-5? :lol:
Reading is hard for you isn’t it. He will get his 3 to 4 years (as he should) to turn this thing around and if that’s not happening by year three or four then I’m sure we will be onto the next one. That is what I would completely expect and that is what I would completely support. So would the majority of the fan base. If he is under 500 after three years then yes he is doomed



ilovethecats
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3553
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:41 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:07 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:40 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am
I see that Bobby has finally decided to get back to his old schtick with some comments about MSU last night. Honestly I enjoy that. It was long overdue.

That said, he was on record saying griz fans can expect a full turnaround with his program in as many as 7 years. :shock:

If you recall when Choate was hired he was preaching patience. He had a four year plan in place where he expected this team to be really good. As of now his plans appear to be right on track. Many griz fans were laughing at the idea we'd hire a coach claiming it takes that long to be national contenders. They said that would NEVER fly in Missoula because the expectations there are so high. They expect to vie for national championships every year! (Don't tell them it's been nearly two decades)

I guess my question is how does this fly? Is bobby really such a savior over there that people have no issues with a 7 year plan?

It's almost as if it's changed over there... :-k
You’re not being completely honest here. For the record he said initially he felt it MAY take 4 to 7 years, and that he feels the current team is ahead of that schedule. Your Coach is in year 4 and still has a sub .500 record. Maybe tjT was part of his 4 year plan?
Ok. So the plan could take 4-7 years. Doesn't change what I was saying. Choate had a 4 year plan where he promised improvement every year. Lose big, lose small, win small, win big. Up to this point he has done just that. If you're bored go back and read the comments from griz fans both here and on egriz and see what they thought about that plan. Lol. Heck even some cat fans were acting like 4 years to expect success was crazy.

Now fast forward. The messiah is back in Missoula. It's a forgone conclusion that he'll be stacking up big sky championships and competing for national championships. The idea that he won't have that kind of success in not even a possibility. But it might take apparently FOUR to seven years this time. What makes Choates philosophy and Bobby's so different?

What would fans have said if it was Stitt rather than the 2nd coming suggesting the re-haul would take 4-7 years?

And what has changed in Missoula where a 4-7 year plan to success is now tolerated. When Choate was hired I was told that would never be acceptable in Missoula. Is it just acceptable now because the messiah is the one saying it?

I'm genuinely curious. :-k
Who said it’s acceptable? You assume too much. If Bobby is sub .500 after year 3 and the teams aren’t improving I fully expect him to be on the hot seat. I think our AD does too. You guys like to take what one Griz fan says or thinks and then extrapolate it into the entire fan base. That happened the other day on here too when someone claimed all of Griz Nation was claiming we’d beat Oregon. I posted proof that was absolutely false. Stitt got fired for a 7-4 record after 3 years. That should tell you all you need to know about expectations in Missoula.
Um....pot meet kettle. I get tied in with all cat fans just like you get tied in with all griz fans. I take it on egriz and you're no different here.

I ASSUME the fanbase is ok with a 4-7 year plan because I haven't heard otherwise. Have you? I don't hear the outrage at such a timely timeline to getting back on top. You're the Griz afterall!

And I assume you believe that Bob will get fired this season if he goes 7-5? :lol:
Reading is hard for you isn’t it. He will get his 3 to 4 years (as he should) to turn this thing around and if that’s not happening by year three or four then I’m sure we will be onto the next one. That is what I would completely expect and that is what I would completely support. So would the majority of the fan base. If he is under 500 after three years then yes he is doomed
Nah I'm a pretty good reader I feel like. Mean personal attack! :(

You just said Stitt was fired after his third year for a 7-4 record. I didn't see where you said the 3rd year is a given? The focus of your comment appeared to be on the record but I see now you really meant to emphasize the fact that he got three seasons. So while I feel like I read the words correctly, somehow, I'll concede I didn't know you meant ONLY after his 3rd year he got fired for a 7-4 record.

If you think new bob is getting the same treatment as old bob that's fine. To each their own. More than anything I just found it fascinating how different things seem to in the zoo these days. I feel like if 15-20 years ago a coach said he'd need 4-7 years to get the program right he'd be run out of town.

For what it's worth I think 4+ years for ANY program is reasonable. I just didn't hear the same thing when our beloved Choate had the same great plan! \:D/



User avatar
PapaG
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6164
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:44 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by PapaG » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:21 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:07 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:40 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am
I see that Bobby has finally decided to get back to his old schtick with some comments about MSU last night. Honestly I enjoy that. It was long overdue.

That said, he was on record saying griz fans can expect a full turnaround with his program in as many as 7 years. :shock:

If you recall when Choate was hired he was preaching patience. He had a four year plan in place where he expected this team to be really good. As of now his plans appear to be right on track. Many griz fans were laughing at the idea we'd hire a coach claiming it takes that long to be national contenders. They said that would NEVER fly in Missoula because the expectations there are so high. They expect to vie for national championships every year! (Don't tell them it's been nearly two decades)

I guess my question is how does this fly? Is bobby really such a savior over there that people have no issues with a 7 year plan?

It's almost as if it's changed over there... :-k
You’re not being completely honest here. For the record he said initially he felt it MAY take 4 to 7 years, and that he feels the current team is ahead of that schedule. Your Coach is in year 4 and still has a sub .500 record. Maybe tjT was part of his 4 year plan?
Ok. So the plan could take 4-7 years. Doesn't change what I was saying. Choate had a 4 year plan where he promised improvement every year. Lose big, lose small, win small, win big. Up to this point he has done just that. If you're bored go back and read the comments from griz fans both here and on egriz and see what they thought about that plan. Lol. Heck even some cat fans were acting like 4 years to expect success was crazy.

Now fast forward. The messiah is back in Missoula. It's a forgone conclusion that he'll be stacking up big sky championships and competing for national championships. The idea that he won't have that kind of success in not even a possibility. But it might take apparently FOUR to seven years this time. What makes Choates philosophy and Bobby's so different?

What would fans have said if it was Stitt rather than the 2nd coming suggesting the re-haul would take 4-7 years?

And what has changed in Missoula where a 4-7 year plan to success is now tolerated. When Choate was hired I was told that would never be acceptable in Missoula. Is it just acceptable now because the messiah is the one saying it?

I'm genuinely curious. :-k
Who said it’s acceptable? You assume too much. If Bobby is sub .500 after year 3 and the teams aren’t improving I fully expect him to be on the hot seat. I think our AD does too. You guys like to take what one Griz fan says or thinks and then extrapolate it into the entire fan base. That happened the other day on here too when someone claimed all of Griz Nation was claiming we’d beat Oregon. I posted proof that was absolutely false. Stitt got fired for a 7-4 record after 3 years. That should tell you all you need to know about expectations in Missoula.
Um....pot meet kettle. I get tied in with all cat fans just like you get tied in with all griz fans. I take it on egriz and you're no different here.

I ASSUME the fanbase is ok with a 4-7 year plan because I haven't heard otherwise. Have you? I don't hear the outrage at such a timely timeline to getting back on top. You're the Griz afterall!

And I assume you believe that Bob will get fired this season if he goes 7-5? :lol:
Reading is hard for you isn’t it. He will get his 3 to 4 years (as he should) to turn this thing around and if that’s not happening by year three or four then I’m sure we will be onto the next one. That is what I would completely expect and that is what I would completely support. So would the majority of the fan base. If he is under 500 after three years then yes he is doomed
Hauck inherited a 7-4 team and regressed in year one, plus he lost a 22-0 lead at home against the team he’s now mocking. He’s nervous. Recruiting great players to a dance and theater school won’t be easy unless UM changes their admission standards or revamp their academic focus to STEM.

Side question - did you go to UM? I did for my freshman year. My freshman dorm (Knowles) is now considering elderly housing to fill the third floor?


Greg K.

User avatar
cats2506
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7765
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Lewistown

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by cats2506 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:25 pm

Pretty sure he did go to um (people are not born that stupid, it has to be learned)


PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Cataholic
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1909
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:10 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:41 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:07 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:40 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am
I see that Bobby has finally decided to get back to his old schtick with some comments about MSU last night. Honestly I enjoy that. It was long overdue.

That said, he was on record saying griz fans can expect a full turnaround with his program in as many as 7 years. :shock:

If you recall when Choate was hired he was preaching patience. He had a four year plan in place where he expected this team to be really good. As of now his plans appear to be right on track. Many griz fans were laughing at the idea we'd hire a coach claiming it takes that long to be national contenders. They said that would NEVER fly in Missoula because the expectations there are so high. They expect to vie for national championships every year! (Don't tell them it's been nearly two decades)

I guess my question is how does this fly? Is bobby really such a savior over there that people have no issues with a 7 year plan?

It's almost as if it's changed over there... :-k
You’re not being completely honest here. For the record he said initially he felt it MAY take 4 to 7 years, and that he feels the current team is ahead of that schedule. Your Coach is in year 4 and still has a sub .500 record. Maybe tjT was part of his 4 year plan?
Ok. So the plan could take 4-7 years. Doesn't change what I was saying. Choate had a 4 year plan where he promised improvement every year. Lose big, lose small, win small, win big. Up to this point he has done just that. If you're bored go back and read the comments from griz fans both here and on egriz and see what they thought about that plan. Lol. Heck even some cat fans were acting like 4 years to expect success was crazy.

Now fast forward. The messiah is back in Missoula. It's a forgone conclusion that he'll be stacking up big sky championships and competing for national championships. The idea that he won't have that kind of success in not even a possibility. But it might take apparently FOUR to seven years this time. What makes Choates philosophy and Bobby's so different?

What would fans have said if it was Stitt rather than the 2nd coming suggesting the re-haul would take 4-7 years?

And what has changed in Missoula where a 4-7 year plan to success is now tolerated. When Choate was hired I was told that would never be acceptable in Missoula. Is it just acceptable now because the messiah is the one saying it?

I'm genuinely curious. :-k
Who said it’s acceptable? You assume too much. If Bobby is sub .500 after year 3 and the teams aren’t improving I fully expect him to be on the hot seat. I think our AD does too. You guys like to take what one Griz fan says or thinks and then extrapolate it into the entire fan base. That happened the other day on here too when someone claimed all of Griz Nation was claiming we’d beat Oregon. I posted proof that was absolutely false. Stitt got fired for a 7-4 record after 3 years. That should tell you all you need to know about expectations in Missoula.
Um....pot meet kettle. I get tied in with all cat fans just like you get tied in with all griz fans. I take it on egriz and you're no different here.

I ASSUME the fanbase is ok with a 4-7 year plan because I haven't heard otherwise. Have you? I don't hear the outrage at such a timely timeline to getting back on top. You're the Griz afterall!

And I assume you believe that Bob will get fired this season if he goes 7-5? :lol:
Reading is hard for you isn’t it. He will get his 3 to 4 years (as he should) to turn this thing around and if that’s not happening by year three or four then I’m sure we will be onto the next one. That is what I would completely expect and that is what I would completely support. So would the majority of the fan base. If he is under 500 after three years then yes he is doomed
Nah I'm a pretty good reader I feel like. Mean personal attack! :(

You just said Stitt was fired after his third year for a 7-4 record. I didn't see where you said the 3rd year is a given? The focus of your comment appeared to be on the record but I see now you really meant to emphasize the fact that he got three seasons. So while I feel like I read the words correctly, somehow, I'll concede I didn't know you meant ONLY after his 3rd year he got fired for a 7-4 record.

If you think new bob is getting the same treatment as old bob that's fine. To each their own. More than anything I just found it fascinating how different things seem to in the zoo these days. I feel like if 15-20 years ago a coach said he'd need 4-7 years to get the program right he'd be run out of town.

For what it's worth I think 4+ years for ANY program is reasonable. I just didn't hear the same thing when our beloved Choate had the same great plan! \:D/
So GA asked for a fresh start a couple weeks ago. Didn’t take him long to resort to his old condescending ways.



Cataholic
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1909
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:14 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:25 pm
Pretty sure he did go to um (people are not born that stupid, it has to be learned)
GA claims he played ball out of state. Doesn’t sound like he ever went to UM. That is usually the worst type of Griz fan - no academic connection to the school.



Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1255
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:09 pm

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:33 pm

Iltc, I think it’s too early to make comparisons between the two Bobs and the fan base. One was given 3 years and didn’t produce much (even though he had a 21-14 record) and the other is just getting started. If by year 3 he isn’t getting the Griz to playoffs and making deep runs by year 4-5 then I fully expect he be held to the same high standard.

Papa, the elderly in dorm rooms would be a disaster. Can you imagine being a student and having an 80 year old above you. Well actually She was a kick ass cook or baker that would be the jackpot.

Pussaholic, I put you on ignore. I don’t see what you say. I suggest you do the same for me. I’ve suggested that plenty but you can’t help yourself. Good day.



Cataholic
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1909
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:41 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:33 pm
Iltc, I think it’s too early to make comparisons between the two Bobs and the fan base. One was given 3 years and didn’t produce much (even though he had a 21-14 record) and the other is just getting started. If by year 3 he isn’t getting the Griz to playoffs and making deep runs by year 4-5 then I fully expect he be held to the same high standard.

Papa, the elderly in dorm rooms would be a disaster. Can you imagine being a student and having an 80 year old above you. Well actually She was a kick ass cook or baker that would be the jackpot.

Pussaholic, I put you on ignore. I don’t see what you say. I suggest you do the same for me. I’ve suggested that plenty but you can’t help yourself. Good day.
😂😂😂. Funny how he has me on ignore yet somehow felt the need to respond to me. 😂😂😂😂. This guy is priceless.



User avatar
RobertoGato
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by RobertoGato » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:59 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am
I see that Bobby has finally decided to get back to his old schtick with some comments about MSU last night. Honestly I enjoy that. It was long overdue.

That said, he was on record saying griz fans can expect a full turnaround with his program in as many as 7 years. :shock:

If you recall when Choate was hired he was preaching patience. He had a four year plan in place where he expected this team to be really good. As of now his plans appear to be right on track. Many griz fans were laughing at the idea we'd hire a coach claiming it takes that long to be national contenders. They said that would NEVER fly in Missoula because the expectations there are so high. They expect to vie for national championships every year! (Don't tell them it's been nearly two decades)

I guess my question is how does this fly? Is bobby really such a savior over there that people have no issues with a 7 year plan?

It's almost as if it's changed over there... :-k
You’re not being completely honest here. For the record he said initially he felt it MAY take 4 to 7 years, and that he feels the current team is ahead of that schedule. Your Coach is in year 4 and still has a sub .500 record. Maybe tjT was part of his 4 year plan?
Ok. So the plan could take 4-7 years. Doesn't change what I was saying. Choate had a 4 year plan where he promised improvement every year. Lose big, lose small, win small, win big. Up to this point he has done just that. If you're bored go back and read the comments from griz fans both here and on egriz and see what they thought about that plan. Lol. Heck even some cat fans were acting like 4 years to expect success was crazy.

Now fast forward. The messiah is back in Missoula. It's a forgone conclusion that he'll be stacking up big sky championships and competing for national championships. The idea that he won't have that kind of success in not even a possibility. But it might take apparently FOUR to seven years this time. What makes Choates philosophy and Bobby's so different?

What would fans have said if it was Stitt rather than the 2nd coming suggesting the re-haul would take 4-7 years?

And what has changed in Missoula where a 4-7 year plan to success is now tolerated. When Choate was hired I was told that would never be acceptable in Missoula. Is it just acceptable now because the messiah is the one saying it?

I'm genuinely curious. :-k
Who said it’s acceptable? You assume too much. If Bobby is sub .500 after year 3 and the teams aren’t improving I fully expect him to be on the hot seat. I think our AD does too. You guys like to take what one Griz fan says or thinks and then extrapolate it into the entire fan base. That happened the other day on here too when someone claimed all of Griz Nation was claiming we’d beat Oregon. I posted proof that was absolutely false. Stitt got fired for a 7-4 record after 3 years. That should tell you all you need to know about expectations in Missoula.
I didn't extrapolate anything. I said *some* Griz fans were claiming that UM has a shot because in that thread *some* Griz fans said they have a shot.

I know that is inconvenient for you, but it's true.



asstastic
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:54 am
Location: A Cave in the Musselshell

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by asstastic » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:06 pm

Rich K wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:12 am
Four year plan from re-haul to u-haul.
Ha


Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

User avatar
RobertoGato
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by RobertoGato » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:57 pm

This is pretty simple in my opinion.

It's normal for a new coach to lose players from the program after taking over and it's normal for a coach to need multiple years to build up a program into his vision.

These things were not weird in Choate's case and they aren't weird in Hauck's.

Initially, some Griz fans highlighted departures from the MSU program because that's what fans of rival teams do. Some Cats have done and will do the same.

But as Choate's tenure has lengthened, UM fans have developed a pretty obvious obsession with him for a pretty obvious reason: he keeps beating them. This is not extrapolating-- *a lot* of Griz fans spend *a lot* of time talking about Choate and finding bizarre reasons to criticize him, like dissecting and analyzing his press conferences.

It never ceases to amuse me that so many Griz fans talk about him-- a coach who has beat them three years in a row-- like he's a total buffoon. He can't tie his shoes, and yet they haven't found a way to beat him. It's hilarious.



ilovethecats
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3553
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:39 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:33 pm
Iltc, I think it’s too early to make comparisons between the two Bobs and the fan base. One was given 3 years and didn’t produce much (even though he had a 21-14 record) and the other is just getting started. If by year 3 he isn’t getting the Griz to playoffs and making deep runs by year 4-5 then I fully expect he be held to the same high standard.
I can appreciate that. And even agree. Stitt was shown the door after 3 seasons despite going 21-14. Messiah will get at LEAST 4 because he’s the 2nd coming. I’m not trying to argue just to argue. I think we’re saying the same thing.

Love the banter though. You’re a solid poster.



User avatar
RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3458
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by RickRund » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:10 am

RobertoGato wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:57 pm
This is pretty simple in my opinion.

It's normal for a new coach to lose players from the program after taking over and it's normal for a coach to need multiple years to build up a program into his vision.

These things were not weird in Choate's case and they aren't weird in Hauck's.

Initially, some Griz fans highlighted departures from the MSU program because that's what fans of rival teams do. Some Cats have done and will do the same.

But as Choate's tenure has lengthened, UM fans have developed a pretty obvious obsession with him for a pretty obvious reason: he keeps beating them. This is not extrapolating-- *a lot* of Griz fans spend *a lot* of time talking about Choate and finding bizarre reasons to criticize him, like dissecting and analyzing his press conferences.

It never ceases to amuse me that so many Griz fans talk about him-- a coach who has beat them three years in a row-- like he's a total buffoon. He can't tie his shoes, and yet they haven't found a way to beat him. It's hilarious.
Is he a good coach? Yes. Will he lead them back into the promised land... Those days just may be gone. This is not your mother's BSC. Things have changed.

But the egriz loyal, not all, cannot stop calling him Coach choke... Now that is amusing...



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4244
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:55 am

RickRund wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:10 am
RobertoGato wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:57 pm
This is pretty simple in my opinion.

It's normal for a new coach to lose players from the program after taking over and it's normal for a coach to need multiple years to build up a program into his vision.

These things were not weird in Choate's case and they aren't weird in Hauck's.

Initially, some Griz fans highlighted departures from the MSU program because that's what fans of rival teams do. Some Cats have done and will do the same.

But as Choate's tenure has lengthened, UM fans have developed a pretty obvious obsession with him for a pretty obvious reason: he keeps beating them. This is not extrapolating-- *a lot* of Griz fans spend *a lot* of time talking about Choate and finding bizarre reasons to criticize him, like dissecting and analyzing his press conferences.

It never ceases to amuse me that so many Griz fans talk about him-- a coach who has beat them three years in a row-- like he's a total buffoon. He can't tie his shoes, and yet they haven't found a way to beat him. It's hilarious.
Is he a good coach? Yes. Will he lead them back into the promised land... Those days just may be gone. This is not your mother's BSC. Things have changed.

But the egriz loyal, not all, cannot stop calling him Coach choke... Now that is amusing...
On egriz they spell choke C-h-o-a-k-e. On BN choke is spelled c-H-a-u-c-k. I spell it 0-22 — 29-25, which therefore means c-H-a-u-c-k is the appropriate spelling.



Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by Anacomando » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:29 am

Yes, it does take 5-7 years to get a program completely overhauled. I agree with that. I also agree that he is subliminally saying "If we don't win the Big Sky over the next 4 years...don't fire me, because I said this would take 7 years." He is getting out in front of mediocrity. Finally, Hauck's comments on the Bobcats are simply defense mechanisms. He uses both projection and displacement with MSU. In other words, his overall summary is that his team is average and another 4-5 loss season is ready to unfold. If you really analyze Hauck, you get at a minimum, a narcissist.



Post Reply