UC Davis at um

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Re: UC Davis at um

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:32 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:18 pm
When you watch the post game pressers after PSU and UC Davis, I think Hauck's body language is pretty revealing. I'm definitely no expert, but he seems defeated and at a loss for explanations. He's answering questions respectfully and giving all the expected yearbook answers right off the script, but the smug arrogance of his first hitch is definitely gone.
Sometimes I think he wonders what he got himself into. Plus he is under the microscope this go round

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:10 pm

Breaks your heart...

😂🤣😂🤣

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:37 pm

The griz have lost their last 2 games by a combined 55 points!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:16 am

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:37 pm
I wonder how far you'd have to go back to find back to back losses by that large of a margin? I'm guessing it was probably pre-Don Read/Wa Griz.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:20 am

Cledus wrote:
When you watch the post game pressers after PSU and UC Davis, I think Hauck's body language is pretty revealing. I'm definitely no expert, but he seems defeated and at a loss for explanations. He's answering questions respectfully and giving all the expected yearbook answers right off the script, but the smug arrogance of his first hitch is definitely gone.
It's gotta be pretty much impossible for even someone as smug and arrogant as Bobby to be smug and arrogant after the way the last 3 games have gone for them.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:41 am

John K wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:16 am
91catAlum wrote:
I wonder how far you'd have to go back to find back to back losses by that large of a margin? I'm guessing it was probably pre-Don Read/Wa Griz.
Nothing about largest back to back losses here, but some other records were broken:

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky- ... e1639.html

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:45 am

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:41 am
John K wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:16 am
91catAlum wrote:
Nothing about largest back to back losses here, but some other records were broken:

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky- ... e1639.html
It’s all good though cause it’s hauck, the messiah. If stitt lost in this fashion all hell would break lose. But it’s the chosen one. His players are tough! They don’t quit! He preaches discipline and ball control! They’re going to DONINATE this league next season and for years to come! He’s back! Return to dominance!

:roll:

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:30 am

So in their last 8 quarters of football the Griz have given up 90 points. But it's even worse when you put a magnifying glass on it, because 80 of those 90 points came in just 4 quarters (first half UND 34, 2nd half UCD 46) and a step further they gave up 21 in the first quarter to UND and 36 to UCD in the 4th quarter. That's 57 points in 2 quarters of football.

In those 2 losses they are -6 in turnover margins coughing up the ball up 8 times to just 2 takeaways.

I think Bobby will get the Griz back to a power in a year or two but I am just loving this collapse. That said I by no means think Cat/Griz is going to be a cakewalk.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:32 am

Nope it never is. It’ll be a battle for sure.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:34 am

I really wonder if they would be this bad if Stitt was still the coach....???😄

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:31 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:30 am
So in their last 8 quarters of football the Griz have given up 90 points. But it's even worse when you put a magnifying glass on it, because 80 of those 90 points came in just 4 quarters (first half UND 34, 2nd half UCD 46) and a step further they gave up 21 in the first quarter to UND and 36 to UCD in the 4th quarter. That's 57 points in 2 quarters of football.

In those 2 losses they are -6 in turnover margins coughing up the ball up 8 times to just 2 takeaways.

I think Bobby will get the Griz back to a power in a year or two but I am just loving this collapse. That said I by no means think Cat/Griz is going to be a cakewalk.
The turnover problem is pretty ironic and surprising, because turnover margin was a real strength of BH's teams during his first time around at UM. During his 7 years there, they were more than plus 100 cumulatively, which averages out to about plus 15 per year. That is really remarkable, and was a huge factor in their success. These last three weeks have to be the worst three week run for Griz football in at least 30 years, going back to before Don Read arrived and Wa-Griz was built. Not only have they lost three in a row, but if you dig deeper, they have all been brutal losses, starting with PSU, one of the worst teams in the conference, for Homecoming. Then, an absolute blowout loss to UND that was over at halftime, and finally that epic collapse last Saturday, also at home. I almost feel bad for getting such enjoyment from their misery...almost.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:43 pm

John K wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:20 am
Cledus wrote:
It's gotta be pretty much impossible for even someone as smug and arrogant as Bobby to be smug and arrogant after the way the last 3 games have gone for them.
Post of the week!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO CATS GO!!!

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:59 pm

If you talk to just about anybody who's been coaching a long time, you'll hear them say how much kids have changed in just the last 10 years or less. Call it soft, call it high-maintenance, call it needy, call it what you will, but kids are different and have to be coached differently. You almost have to be that "player's coach" anymore. The fiery, old-school, my-way-or-the-highway style doesn't work anymore, with very few exceptions. You have to put your arms around kids, you have to tell them they're doing awesome. You can't go screaming at them and expect any good results. On Saturday, I heard Bobby in the halftime interview and with a nice lead, he said "we have to play better", and I wondered if he was going to the locker room with that. With today's kids, they need to be stroked and congratulated and challenged to keep it up. Kids sit there and hear "that wasn't good enough" when they know it was the best they've played all year, they're gonna be upset. For the second game in a row, the Griz effectively quit, and that should be really troubling for Griz fans. You would have never seen that during Bobby's first stint. Granted, Bobby has to get "his guys", but I'm wondering if there are as many of "his guys" out there as there used to be.

Cat_gld

Post by Cat_gld » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:07 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:59 pm
If you talk to just about anybody who's been coaching a long time, you'll hear them say how much kids have changed in just the last 10 years or less. Call it soft, call it high-maintenance, call it needy, call it what you will, but kids are different and have to be coached differently. You almost have to be that "player's coach" anymore. The fiery, old-school, my-way-or-the-highway style doesn't work anymore, with very few exceptions. You have to put your arms around kids, you have to tell them they're doing awesome. You can't go screaming at them and expect any good results. On Saturday, I heard Bobby in the halftime interview and with a nice lead, he said "we have to play better", and I wondered if he was going to the locker room with that. With today's kids, they need to be stroked and congratulated and challenged to keep it up. Kids sit there and hear "that wasn't good enough" when they know it was the best they've played all year, they're gonna be upset. For the second game in a row, the Griz effectively quit, and that should be really troubling for Griz fans. You would have never seen that during Bobby's first stint. Granted, Bobby has to get "his guys", but I'm wondering if there are as many of "his guys" out there as there used to be.
......most of his guys are probably doing time......in jail!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:10 am

I finally saw the "Leg Twist" dirty play by the Griz and that was very disappointing. I think there was some dirty play on both sides of that game but when a player is already down and you're cranking on his leg trying to hurt him that is ridiculous. If I saw a Bobcat player do that I'd be disgusted. The UCD coaching staff was going nuts.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bobcatsinmso

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:35 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:10 am
I finally saw the "Leg Twist" dirty play by the Griz and that was very disappointing. I think there was some dirty play on both sides of that game but when a player is already down and you're cranking on his leg trying to hurt him that is ridiculous. If I saw a Bobcat player do that I'd be disgusted. The UCD coaching staff was going nuts.
Any chance you can post it ? I would love to send it to a friend who seems to think that only UC Davis was taking cheap shots in that game.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:58 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:35 am
catatac wrote:
Any chance you can post it ? I would love to send it to a friend who seems to think that only UC Davis was taking cheap shots in that game.
Sorry, I'm not sure how to do that but you can download the Watch SWX App and watch past games, it's on there. I think it was in the second quarter when UCD was backed up in their own territory.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:17 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:58 am
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:35 am
catatac wrote:
Sorry, I'm not sure how to do that but you can download the Watch SWX App and watch past games, it's on there. I think it was in the second quarter when UCD was backed up in their own territory.
Was at 3:45 in the second quarter. Josh Sandry twisted the guys leg after tackling him. It was clear what he was doing. When you watch it, it seems like a small act, but he was trying to injure the receiver. Just no place for that in football or any sport.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:19 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:17 pm
Was at 3:45 in the second quarter. Josh Sandry twisted the guys leg after tackling him. It was clear what he was doing. When you watch it, it seems like a small act, but he was trying to injure the receiver. Just no place for that in football or any sport.
New coaching staff (retread), same Stitt. It's always a toss up between UM, PSU, and ISU for dirtiest team award. [-X

GO CATS GO!!!

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:00 pm

Yea yea yea, and I heard that same player hawked a loogie in Sandrys face after an earlier play. If that is true, I would like to think all of us would be doing more than twisting a leg.