dUMb Schedule????

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: dUMb Schedule????

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:09 pm

mtgrizfankb wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:37 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:16 pm
Clinton T wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:51 pm
Who gives a rats a$$ what the jizz's schedule is. They are taking care of business and playing good football. I love our schedule and if we were ready for prime time, it would be be a schedule that gets us ready for the playoffs and bolsters our seeding. Whining about the jizz's schedule sounds a lot like something one's little brother would say. Lots of sour grapes to be had around here.
Well that's what happens around here after a loss.
But the fact is, if the griz played EWU and sdsu, they'd be 3-2 just like us. I'm not the one who started the thread, I'm just trying to give some perspective to the griz trolls that come here shooting off their mouths after we lose.
Right, put if you played at home UNI game 1 and WIU on the road when the Griz did. I would venture to bet you would be 0-2 in those games as well. If you watch both teams and can walk away thinking both teams are the same quality right now then you are lying to yourself. It could all be 100% different in 2 months but right now...it’s not.

Also for those who think Colter thinks too highly of the Griz, then you obviously don’t listen to all the podcasts. He is very reasonable for both teams and I think honestly still is a very big critic of the Griz right now
I disagree that we lose to uni the way they played opening day, or Wiu.

I've probably listened to every podcast Colter has ever made. Yes he is reasonable, I wouldn't be paying him money if he wasn't. But he does tend to give more credit to the griz than they sometimes deserve, IMO, and tends to be more critical towards the Cats.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:14 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:09 pm
mtgrizfankb wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:37 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:16 pm
Clinton T wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:51 pm
Who gives a rats a$$ what the jizz's schedule is. They are taking care of business and playing good football. I love our schedule and if we were ready for prime time, it would be be a schedule that gets us ready for the playoffs and bolsters our seeding. Whining about the jizz's schedule sounds a lot like something one's little brother would say. Lots of sour grapes to be had around here.
Well that's what happens around here after a loss.
But the fact is, if the griz played EWU and sdsu, they'd be 3-2 just like us. I'm not the one who started the thread, I'm just trying to give some perspective to the griz trolls that come here shooting off their mouths after we lose.
Right, put if you played at home UNI game 1 and WIU on the road when the Griz did. I would venture to bet you would be 0-2 in those games as well. If you watch both teams and can walk away thinking both teams are the same quality right now then you are lying to yourself. It could all be 100% different in 2 months but right now...it’s not.

Also for those who think Colter thinks too highly of the Griz, then you obviously don’t listen to all the podcasts. He is very reasonable for both teams and I think honestly still is a very big critic of the Griz right now
I disagree that we lose to uni the way they played opening day, or Wiu.

I've probably listened to every podcast Colter has ever made. Yes he is reasonable, I wouldn't be paying him money if he wasn't. But he does tend to give more credit to the griz than they sometimes deserve, IMO, and tends to be more critical towards the Cats.
I would say I very rarely miss a podcast or livestream of Colter’s (sometimes the espn radio shows don’t make it to podcast, so I will try to listen to them in real time and make up what I miss if the podcast comes out), and I have the same take as 91.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:54 pm

Not that Sagarin Ratings are the end all be all, but they are probably the best you can utilize for strength of schedule along the way.

Right now, Sagarin has MSU and UM pretty much even.

MSU has a schedule rank of 50.77 ranking them at 171 overall (The higher the # on schedule rank, the tougher the schedule)

UM has a schedule rank of 49.36 ranking them at 180 overall.

Sagarin is interesting because it adapts and updates each week, so these numbers are always evolving based on the many data inputs. So this will continue to change as the games are played each week.

For further perspective:

EWU has a schedule rank of 54.55 (146)
Weber has a schedule rank of 52.1 (160)
Cal Poly 58.4 (120)
Portland St 58.6 (119)
Sac St 59.0 (116)
UC Davis 51.2 (169)

NDSU 46.6 (196)
SDSU 47.05 (195)
UNI 53.09 (151)

Iowa St 81.65 (1)

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:22 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:39 pm
I was talking to Colter yesterday and he said UM will probably go 9-2 this year. I have to agree. At first I said SUU and Idaho might be better than their records, but he pointed out that teams that don’t have much to play for tend to roll over. SUU is now 0-4. And Idaho only beat PSU 20-7 at home.
I seriously doubt that. MAYBE 8-3. They'll stomp PSU but likely lose to UND and UC Davis. MSU game and Idaho will be toss ups from what I'm seeing at this point. I'd give the not to UM v SUU but I'm not wriiting SUU off just yet.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:22 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:00 pm
Silenoz wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:51 am
This is a pretty silly thread, and that is coming from a member of a fanbase with lots of silly threads to its name. We've played two Valley teams and Sac State, a team most, including most of the people here, predicted to beat us. And as for the remaining schedule, blame Idaho and Southern Utah for being significantly worse than anyone predicted they would be this year. Do we avoid EWU for the first time in an eternity? Blame the Big Sky, I would have voted for 3 protected rivals. But that is still a pretty silly thing to get upset about considering you guys are matched up...Northern Colorado is it? I honestly don't even know, but long-term you have are sure to have a much easier path in that regard.
autocat wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:46 am
the combined record of missoula city college opponents including Portland State is 10-15

You don't play the league leaders and two playoff teams Eastern or Weber

Beat UC-Davis by 50 and win out you'll make the playoffs, not happening [-X
I realize this is a sour grapes post, post-loss, so emotions are running high, but no 9-2 Big Sky team with 9 DI wins is missing the playoffs. It's seriously doubtful that a 8-3 team would either.
Hate to agree with a griz fan but he is right. This is a silly thread and most people thought Idaho and SUU would be good this year.
+1 The Cats lose, people are frustrated, and then there’s a thread complaining about something that is out of everyone’s control and has nothing to do with the Cats. Just not necessary and definitely comes off as sour grapes.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:47 pm

griz5700 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:24 pm
And the Hauck wins continue to pile up. Wait until he gets his own recruits. \:D/ \:D/
And then wait until they’re in jail.

GO CATS GO!!!

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:55 am

grizband wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:39 am
Griz definitely lucked out with an easier conference schedule this year. I know many Griz fans are upset we aren't playing Eastern this year, since they are no longer a protected rival.
The BSC has to come up with some thing better than this unbalanced, haphazard BS!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:57 am

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:21 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:07 am
Hard to understand how Griz fans can be trolling. Granted they are 4-1, but they were spotted 14 points by Cal Poly in the initial 10 minutes of the game. Take away those scores and it is 34-28 against the last place team in the conference that was beat 70-14 last week. CP had two backs rush for over 100 yards each and their safety had 17 tackles. That is a lot of second level tackles. I am only looking at the box scores, but those are not real positive indicators.
Dante Olson is a monster LB. We could use a guy like him.
Agreed.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:17 am

Boy, I'd like to see this thread go away. Maybe to the "College Sports" forum?

mtgrizfankb
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by mtgrizfankb » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:30 am

catatac wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:22 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
I was talking to Colter yesterday and he said UM will probably go 9-2 this year. I have to agree. At first I said SUU and Idaho might be better than their records, but he pointed out that teams that don’t have much to play for tend to roll over. SUU is now 0-4. And Idaho only beat PSU 20-7 at home.
I seriously doubt that. MAYBE 8-3. They'll stomp PSU but likely lose to UND and UC Davis. MSU game and Idaho will be toss ups from what I'm seeing at this point. I'd give the not to UM v SUU but I'm not wriiting SUU off just yet.
UND will be a tough road trip but I wouldn't say its a "likely" loss for the griz. UCD is a very tough matchup...it is at home tho so there is that to help.(interesting not UCD has at UM, NAU with CC back you would assume, at EWU and Sac State to end the year, that could be a 6-1 team before running into that gauntlet) Idaho is awful so I am not sure what you are watching, as well as SUU is pretty darn bad. SUU will likely be 1-8 or 2-7 going into that Griz game. MSU game is always a toss up in the brawl. I would say of the 3 tough games left...they Griz probably find way in 2 of the 3 if they continue to play like they are currently.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:02 am

mtgrizfankb wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:16 pm
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:34 am
FCS still loves the Griz. Simple. With that said...conference schedules are indeed somewhat luck of the draw. But there is no question Griz get some benefits other teams don't (not just us).
If that was the case wouldn't the griz have gotten in at 7-4 multiple years over other 7-4 teams? You do realize the Big Sky rotates this stupid scheduling so in the next year you will also miss EWU and Weber. The griz played 2 MVFC teams this year...not sure what else you want there. This post just screams jealousy that the griz are on pace for the playoffs and MSU probably isn't.

Agreed with most of your post except the bolded part. I think we've made a long-term deal with EWU that we will rotate a home and away every year, regardless of whether it counts as a conference game or not. I wish we would do the same thing with Weber.

mtgrizfankb
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by mtgrizfankb » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:07 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:02 am
mtgrizfankb wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
FCS still loves the Griz. Simple. With that said...conference schedules are indeed somewhat luck of the draw. But there is no question Griz get some benefits other teams don't (not just us).
If that was the case wouldn't the griz have gotten in at 7-4 multiple years over other 7-4 teams? You do realize the Big Sky rotates this stupid scheduling so in the next year you will also miss EWU and Weber. The griz played 2 MVFC teams this year...not sure what else you want there. This post just screams jealousy that the griz are on pace for the playoffs and MSU probably isn't.

Agreed with most of your post except the bolded part. I think we've made a long-term deal with EWU that we will rotate a home and away every year, regardless of whether it counts as a conference game or not. I wish we would do the same thing with Weber.
incorrect in 2019 MSU does not play EWU. TT, SEMO, Norfolk and WIU in OOC and miss EWU and Weber in BSC play

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:11 am

mtgrizfankb wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:07 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:

incorrect in 2019 MSU does not play EWU. TT, SEMO, Norfolk and WIU in OOC and miss EWU and Weber in BSC play
Must have changed when UND left. I know they had planned to play OOC a couple of years ago when not scheduled as a conference game.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:13 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:

We did have that agreement in place ever since the league expanded, which is why we played them every year thru 2018. However it's not a forever agreement and this is the last year of it.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:24 am

mtgrizfankb wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:30 am
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
UND will be a tough road trip but I wouldn't say its a "likely" loss for the griz. UCD is a very tough matchup...it is at home tho so there is that to help.(interesting not UCD has at UM, NAU with CC back you would assume, at EWU and Sac State to end the year, that could be a 6-1 team before running into that gauntlet) Idaho is awful so I am not sure what you are watching, as well as SUU is pretty darn bad. SUU will likely be 1-8 or 2-7 going into that Griz game. MSU game is always a toss up in the brawl. I would say of the 3 tough games left...they Griz probably find way in 2 of the 3 if they continue to play like they are currently.
That's just my opinion that you'll lose to UND, no idea who will be favored in that game. I also think you'll lose to UCD. So far I've been close with my predictions, but I thought you'd split the games with UNI and Sac but you managed to win both. I looked at the participation report and it looks like you've been pretty lucky on staying healthy, it looks like your starters through all five games are almost identical with only a couple exceptions.

I have a feeling MSU and UM might both be 7-3 heading into the brawl with the winner making the playoffs. That would be pretty cool, but better if we were both 8-2 so both likely making it regardless of winner =D^

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

grizband
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by grizband » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:28 am

catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:24 am
mtgrizfankb wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:30 am
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
That's just my opinion that you'll lose to UND, no idea who will be favored in that game. I also think you'll lose to UCD. So far I've been close with my predictions, but I thought you'd split the games with UNI and Sac but you managed to win both. I looked at the participation report and it looks like you've been pretty lucky on staying healthy, it looks like your starters through all five games are almost identical with only a couple exceptions.

I have a feeling MSU and UM might both be 7-3 heading into the brawl with the winner making the playoffs. That would be pretty cool, but better if we were both 8-2 so both likely making it regardless of winner =D^
I agree here, that would be pretty cool.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:36 am

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:13 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:

We did have that agreement in place ever since the league expanded, which is why we played them every year thru 2018. However it's not a forever agreement and this is the last year of it.
That's too bad, IMO, but I'm also of the opinion we should go back to 8 or 9 teams in this league and play em all every year.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:45 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:36 am
91catAlum wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:

That's too bad, IMO, but I'm also of the opinion we should go back to 8 or 9 teams in this league and play em all every year.
Cheer for losses by New Mexico State, San Jose State and UTEP every week and we may see that again.

MSUBOBCAT4LIFE
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MSUBOBCAT4LIFE » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:21 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:36 am
91catAlum wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:

fully agree with this. everyone plays the same teams only difference is home and away. There is one league winner, and that is the best way. problem is i dont see them dropping 4 to 5 schools even though i would not mind leaving the California schools and Southern Utah out of the conference.

I Bleed Blue & Gold & Find Myself Watching Replays Of The Game The Day After Being There In Person. Some Call Me Crazy I Call It Dedication

Bonecrusher
New Recruit

Post by Bonecrusher » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:26 pm

This is probably out the window at this point, but there was some discussion of having a Pacific and a Mountain division of the Big Sky. I think a lot of ADs were against it, and with UND leaving, we're back to an odd number of teams.

Pacific
Eastern
Portland State
Sac State
UC Davis
Cal Poly
Idaho
NAU

Mountain
Montana
Montana State
Southern Utah
Weber
Idaho State
UND
NoCo

There was some discussion of a North and South, but it would have been extremely unbalanced in terms of having all the traditional powers in the North.