Guess what happened in Missoula?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Guess what happened in Missoula?

Post by Cataholic » Tue May 29, 2018 7:39 am

iaafan wrote:What year was that? 2004? 14 years ago. And who should Krakauer had gone after in Bozeman? Seems like justice was served to all those involved in Bozeman then and since.
And we did not hire any of those folks back to the university. Big difference from Missoula.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:57 am

I was curious how the investigation is going so I dropped over to Egriz to get an update. Strangely, the thread covering that topic has been removed. Seems anything controversial or negative is quickly being removed from that site.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:53 pm

Cataholic wrote:I was curious how the investigation is going so I dropped over to Egriz to get an update. Strangely, the thread covering that topic has been removed. Seems anything controversial or negative is quickly being removed from that site.
Everyone in that university is in damage control mode right now. They collectively are attempting to accentuate the positive of which there is very little of right now.

Their faculty is outdated, not current in the latest research and being subjected to little more than replication studies in any journals, a problem associated with tenure AND a union. They are losing all the bright young minds who by and large are choosing to not attend school there in the first place.

The kids that do attend there have to listen to the faculty babble about their Ivy League schooling which is an immediate turnoff and the emphasis placed on the international programs makes it extremely difficult to carry on professional discussions.

I personally hope they can get it turned around the correct way. They used to have some decent schools like their forestry program. We all get to watch the consequences of their teachings in what is now called fire season instead of summer out here...

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:56 am

Cat Grad wrote:Dang! MSU fans disparaging another school after all the crap that went on in Bozeangeles. Let me refresh your tiny brucie memories. An assistant coach was dealing meth. A former basketball player killed a drug dealer so the AD and asshole president fired the football coach because he was the one who first started bringing in the "gangs" (even though one of the players from Florida was a principal's son and all-conference and even all-american?)

Krachouse went after Mortenson and his ****** nonprofit instead of the town, so all is good and well in the Valley now.

Throw the first stone...and keep an eye on the daily blotter report.
Pastors son

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:04 pm

"A former basketball player killing a drug dealer" after his college career was over, wow, that's probably the first time in America criminal history! You have to give Montana State University credit for arranging that!

There has been more misdemeanors and felonies from student athletes at the university of Missoula in the last 10-15 years than any other college campus per capita.

Hiring hauck back is either ignorance, stupidity, and or a crime in itself

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:14 pm

91catAlum wrote:
KHaslam wrote:Jeremy Calhoun is the player dismissed from the team and another player that will remain confidential will be disciplined internally. If any of you know Mr Calhoun, please tell him "no hard feelings" he refuses to take my calls and is very upset over this matter.
Forgive me for being skeptical, but how do you know who the player is, and what the punishment is?
According to someone on efiz, Jeremy is home in Cali and his brother is still in Mizzoula. hmmmmmmm.