CFL draft

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

CFL draft

Post by Montanabob » Fri May 04, 2018 5:29 pm

Didn't see anybody get drafted to CFL from the Big Sky Conference this year. Saw one got an invite to the combine from Weber State but that's about it. Currently only about 30 players in the CFL from the Big Sky Conference and that includes Idaho. What are we going to do with who's going to the CFL for walk on?

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: CFL draft

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat May 05, 2018 10:07 am

speaking of Canadian football, I keep waiting for Zack Minter to reappear in the NFL. IMO he was one of the most dominating Bobcat defensive lineman in my entire fantime. I first noticed him early in his first season in a game vs. Washington State. He was playing on the nose of a gigantic WSU center and was eating his lunch. Another memory is a couple of seasons later I watched him drop back into coverage (6'1" 300 lbs) and going high to make an extended one-handed interception! All this plus he played with a special friendly nastyness. He's currently with Saskatchewan and I think he's had some injuries. But I noticed in
the CFL draft Saskat only drafted 1 DL but 7 OL's in the first 10 rounds, so looks like the DL isn't a priority. They did take several DL's in the final 69 rounds. I did say sixty nine rounds :shock:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: CFL draft

Post by Cataholic » Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm

I would love to see Minter get another shot at the NFL. Any word on whether Alex Singleton is getting any looks either? You would think the defensive MVP of the CFL at such a young age would get another look in the NFL.