Another Griz FB player quits

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Another Griz FB player quits

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:41 am

catatac wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:43 pm
It's not bad that players are willing to switch positions when coaches ask them to. That's not what he's saying. He's saying it's never a good sign when coaches are having to move that many players around. Yes, it always happens with a coaching change to some degree. Hope for the best but prepare for a rough year in a very competitive Big Sky.
Grizagenda knows exactly what I was alluding to. He has to stick to his AGENDA!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:15 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:23 am

catatac wrote:
It's not bad that players are willing to switch positions when coaches ask them to. That's not what he's saying. He's saying it's never a good sign when coaches are having to move that many players around. Yes, it always happens with a coaching change to some degree. Hope for the best but prepare for a rough year in a very competitive Big Sky.
Like I said, half that list are TEs and FBs that come with the new scheme. So that leaves 8 others who switched. That is not a lot. I can guarantee if you look at your own roster and the position changes Choate had implemented, you’d hit that number and more. Hell, Troy Andersen is on his 3rd position change alone.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:31 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:23 am
catatac wrote:
Like I said, half that list are TEs and FBs that come with the new scheme. So that leaves 8 others who switched. That is not a lot. I can guarantee if you look at your own roster and the position changes Choate had implemented, you’d hit that number and more. Hell, Troy Andersen is on his 3rd position change alone.
would you agree the moving of your players to CB and O Line are basically out of desperation, because Bobby feels you are in trouble at those positions? From the Bobcat perspective, now that Choate his system and players in place we have pretty good talented depth across the board so we're not moving players around out of desperation. The TA move was done to create competition and because the coaches saw something in him and believed he had a chance to win the starting QB role.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:14 am

catatac wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:31 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:23 am
catatac wrote:
would you agree the moving of your players to CB and O Line are basically out of desperation, because Bobby feels you are in trouble at those positions? From the Bobcat perspective, now that Choate his system and players in place we have pretty good talented depth across the board so we're not moving players around out of desperation. The TA move was done to create competition and because the coaches saw something in him and believed he had a chance to win the starting QB role.
There is no doubt corner and offensive line were the two biggest areas of concern going into fall, so yes those needed to be addressed. I’m not too worried about CB anymore. I’ve said many times my biggest concern is the O line. Plenty of guys and talent (19 on roster) just young and no experience. It could definitely be an Achilles heel.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Stitt recruit Terron Moses left the Grizzlies. Running back. Little fella, but he averaged 13 ypc at a Class B sized school in Oklahoma.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:07 pm

"Fight On"

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:07 pm
"Fight On"
:shock: That's horrid and almost defeatist sounding. I can't believe the Cat trolls aren't crucifying that over there, although more and more grizz fans are starting to sound their displeasure.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:25 pm

Hearing many are liking what Hauck is bringing to (back to) the program. The "fans" I have spoken to are jacked that their program is back and they will immediately be crushing the opposition AND the CATS. They will be the top dog again.
The next few weeks will be the decider...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:32 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:48 pm
Stitt recruit Terron Moses left the Grizzlies. Running back. Little fella, but he averaged 13 ypc at a Class B sized school in Oklahoma.
To attend to family matters back home. He has a daughter. Personally I hope he comes back as he has great potential.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:46 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:32 pm
iaafan wrote:
To attend to family matters back home. He has a daughter. Personally I hope he comes back as he has great potential.
Hoping nothing serious. Know what it is like to miss those little ones.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:07 am

RickRund wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:32 pm
iaafan wrote:
Hoping nothing serious. Know what it is like to miss those little ones.
Thanks for the kind words. Agree, I hope nothing serious as well. I don’t know the entire situation. I believe Sammy Akem also has a daughter. Would be very challenging for these young men with little one(s) back home to play football and get a degree. So happy they are trying though.