Idaho Vandals

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Idaho Vandals

Post by St George » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:22 pm

saw this on the Vandal board after they found they will be playing Western New Mexico University.

"I have said it before ..... The ad had better start getting future home and home games with the Northern Iowas, NDSU, and Sam Houston States of the world or we are going to turn into a middle of the road FCS program. The goal is to become the new NDSU of the division not the N. Colorado of the division."

And their goal in the FBS was??

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Idaho Vandals

Post by seataccat » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:31 pm

well, I don't know what their FBS goal really was but they were in the top 25 a couple times and did play in a couple bowl games. They will be a good FCS team like they always were.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 am

In the past 22 year, Idaho has only had 5 winning season. Not sure when they were ranked in the Top 25. And all 3 bowl games were one of the least attractive bowl games in Division I with all three played in Boise, Idaho. They were clearly a lower tier FBS team and to imply they were competing anywhere near the top of Divison I is just not true.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:28 am

St George wrote:saw this on the Vandal board after they found they will be playing Western New Mexico University.

"I have said it before ..... The ad had better start getting future home and home games with the Northern Iowas, NDSU, and Sam Houston States of the world or we are going to turn into a middle of the road FCS program. The goal is to become the new NDSU of the division not the N. Colorado of the division."

And their goal in the FBS was??
There goal was to keep up with Boise State and they proved they were unable to even be a mid tier FBS. Should have never moved up and ever since they have had ZERO booster support to be at that level. As they limped the last decade, they cried and moaned about going back to FCS but they had to and started back several years ago and will never move up again.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back