Bobby Hauck

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Placidlakegriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Bobby Hauck

Post by Placidlakegriz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:56 pm

For those who might want to know a little more about our new coach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=y ... pp=desktop

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobby Hauck

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:04 pm

Mods - please delete this spam thread.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:41 pm

91catAlum wrote:Mods - please delete this spam thread.
=D^ =D^ =D^

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:15 pm

This turd ushered in the culture that led to the most embarrassing, disgusting, and humiliating era in Montana history. Not just for sports, but for anything ever related to this state. The fact he was hired again is exactly what is wrong with college football. The Vandals will win and the Cats will win this year, and the end will already be in the works. I predict a three and out for ole Bob.

Placidlakegriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Placidlakegriz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:51 am

Darth Yoda wrote:This turd ushered in the culture that led to the most embarrassing, disgusting, and humiliating era in Montana history. Not just for sports, but for anything ever related to this state. The fact he was hired again is exactly what is wrong with college football. The Vandals will win and the Cats will win this year, and the end will already be in the works. I predict a three and out for ole Bob.

That statement is total BS.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:41 am

Placidlakegriz wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:This turd ushered in the culture that led to the most embarrassing, disgusting, and humiliating era in Montana history. Not just for sports, but for anything ever related to this state. The fact he was hired again is exactly what is wrong with college football. The Vandals will win and the Cats will win this year, and the end will already be in the works. I predict a three and out for ole Bob.

You are delusional. Here is an article to help you get educated on his tenure:

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky- ... 96319.html

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:43 pm

Gotta be "fake news" Cataholic. Bob Hawk had nothing to do with all that stuff.

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:46 pm

My guess is that Placid got just the response from you guys that he wanted. I am not going to get into the details of any of this, but Yoda I think you probably need to study a little bit more of Montana history if you think his tenure was the darkest in the entire history of Montana.

I am in a wait and see mode, because that is all I can do.

El Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by El Griz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Placid gets a "C+" on the troll. Subtle title and lead in, but yet a question of why even post that here. Yoda gets a "D-" purely on inaccuracies. Research man. Research goes a long way.

Placidlakegriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Placidlakegriz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:10 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:

Here is a better article.

In 25 years of writing as a hobby, there’ve been two topics about which I felt enough passion to write a book. One was Grizzly football and the other was child sexual abuse and victim-blaming in sexual violence.

While writing my football book, secretly my life was in crisis. After fleeing an abuser, counseling, training and volunteering for advocacy organizations provided a lifetime of knowledge on the complexities of sexual violence and society’s ignorance about the issue.

The controversy surrounding the return of Bobby Hauck as head football coach has driven a wedge between many in the community. People are stubborn in their perspectives. My book about sexual abuse is titled “Blindfolds and Pitchforks.” People put on blindfolds, clutch their pitchforks and vilify their perceived opposition, unwilling to budge.

Some don’t grasp how egregious it is that a woman was harassed for her petition against rehiring Coach Hauck. But, by and large, Griz fans see clearly that such behavior is unacceptable and not to be tolerated.

Athletic Director Kent Haslam stated, “There’s no room for harassment in Griz Nation…. We can disagree with each other but there is absolutely no reason to belittle and harass.”

Hauck followed up by saying, “Respect is a core value. We’re going to all treat each other with dignity and respect around here. It’s a core value of this university. It’s a core value of this football program. It has to be a core value within the fan base.”

Regarding past players getting into trouble, Hauck said, “I recognize that when we were here before, we were not perfect… some of the players brought in by us in the past did not behave in a manner worthy of the Grizzly football uniform.”

As for his return being associated with sexual assault, he addressed the issue on college campuses, stating, “I’m a father of three daughters and a college-aged son and I worry about all of them all of the time. We’re going to do our best to address this issue and lead as a positive example.”

There were zero reports of sexual assault by Griz players in Hauck’s time at the University of Montana. Nearly three years after Hauck left, a student recruited by Hauck pleaded guilty to sexual assault. None of the other players implicated years later in sexual assaults were Hauck recruits. I see no basis for blaming Hauck for later sexual assault issues.

The Jimmy Wilson matter received much negative press, but these are the facts: While in California, Wilson went to the aid of his aunt, who’d been beaten unconscious by her boyfriend, then defended himself when the man came at him with an assault rifle. Wilson was acquitted due to self-defense, returned to UM, played multiple years in the National Football League and had no problems after leaving Missoula.

Known as a strong disciplinarian, Hauck responded decisively to his players’ involvement in a couple of unacceptable incidents. Three players were involved in a home invasion and another three in a fight at the dorms. All of them were kicked off the team permanently. As for enrollment, it increased steadily while Hauck was at UM and continued to increase for two years after he left.

Hauck admitted mistakes but now has owned them and handled criticism with maturity and class.

Griz Nation does not support bullying or abuse. Griz Nation doesn’t condone people waiting to pounce on any misstep to support misconceptions about Hauck, nor do we accept the use of falsehoods and misinformation to convict him in the court of public opinion.

Griz Nation is thrilled to welcome Hauck home to Missoula.

Welcome back, Bobby Hauck. Go Griz!

Stacy Coulter is a victim advocate and Grizzly football fan.

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:28 pm

It is truly an honor to get graded by grizz trolls about a post in response to a grizz troll. Have fun with bobby ball part deux. You remember...the same bobby ball that drove you grizidiots bat ****** crazy until you finally drove the turd out town? As I already said, it's a three and out for the turd man. In the meantime, let's just hope dUMb doesn't embarrass the state on a national level like last time.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:06 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:It is truly an honor to get graded by grizz trolls about a post in response to a grizz troll. Have fun with bobby ball part deux. You remember...the same bobby ball that drove you grizidiots bat ****** crazy until you finally drove the turd out town? As I already said, it's a three and out for the turd man. In the meantime, let's just hope dUMb doesn't embarrass the state on a national level like last time.
Man! Have you forgotten the crap that went on within the MSU athletic department? I have friends who when I correct them as to what school I went to would respond something to the effect: "Oh yeah! You're the school that a former basketball player killed a drug dealer so you fired the football coach because he was the one who started bringing all of us to the school?"

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:15 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:It is truly an honor to get graded by grizz trolls about a post in response to a grizz troll. Have fun with bobby ball part deux. You remember...the same bobby ball that drove you grizidiots bat ****** crazy until you finally drove the turd out town? As I already said, it's a three and out for the turd man. In the meantime, let's just hope dUMb doesn't embarrass the state on a national level like last time.
Man! Have you forgotten the crap that went on within the MSU athletic department? I have friends who when I correct them as to what school I went to would respond something to the effect: "Oh yeah! You're the school that a former basketball player killed a drug dealer so you fired the football coach because he was the one who started bringing all of us to the school?"
And we re-hired that coach when exactly?

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:06 am

This will be the biggest hire/rehire FAIL in college football for years to come. If you want to live in the past, I think Don Read is still available. As far as I know, Read never flipped off fans like Bob did in Bozeman.

Who was on the hiring committee and was there any on campus interviews?

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 am

autocat wrote:This will be the biggest hire/rehire FAIL in college football for years to come. If you want to live in the past, I think Don Read is still available. As far as I know, Read never flipped off fans like Bob did in Bozeman.

The hiring committee was a very small number of big-money boosters who basically told the AD who to hire.

Placidlakegriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Placidlakegriz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:48 pm

autocat wrote:This will be the biggest hire/rehire FAIL in college football for years to come. If you want to live in the past, I think Don Read is still available. As far as I know, Read never flipped off fans like Bob did in Bozeman.

Or hide behind a couch while the cat coach was recruiting!

grizpack
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizpack » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:57 pm

Just gonna bookmark this thread..... :)

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:59 pm

grizpack wrote:Just gonna bookmark this thread..... :)
Scary.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:02 pm

Placidlakegriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:

Here is a better article.

In 25 years of writing as a hobby, there’ve been two topics about which I felt enough passion to write a book. One was Grizzly football and the other was child sexual abuse and victim-blaming in sexual violence.

While writing my football book, secretly my life was in crisis. After fleeing an abuser, counseling, training and volunteering for advocacy organizations provided a lifetime of knowledge on the complexities of sexual violence and society’s ignorance about the issue.

The controversy surrounding the return of Bobby Hauck as head football coach has driven a wedge between many in the community. People are stubborn in their perspectives. My book about sexual abuse is titled “Blindfolds and Pitchforks.” People put on blindfolds, clutch their pitchforks and vilify their perceived opposition, unwilling to budge.

Some don’t grasp how egregious it is that a woman was harassed for her petition against rehiring Coach Hauck. But, by and large, Griz fans see clearly that such behavior is unacceptable and not to be tolerated.

Athletic Director Kent Haslam stated, “There’s no room for harassment in Griz Nation…. We can disagree with each other but there is absolutely no reason to belittle and harass.”

Hauck followed up by saying, “Respect is a core value. We’re going to all treat each other with dignity and respect around here. It’s a core value of this university. It’s a core value of this football program. It has to be a core value within the fan base.”

Regarding past players getting into trouble, Hauck said, “I recognize that when we were here before, we were not perfect… some of the players brought in by us in the past did not behave in a manner worthy of the Grizzly football uniform.”

As for his return being associated with sexual assault, he addressed the issue on college campuses, stating, “I’m a father of three daughters and a college-aged son and I worry about all of them all of the time. We’re going to do our best to address this issue and lead as a positive example.”

There were zero reports of sexual assault by Griz players in Hauck’s time at the University of Montana. Nearly three years after Hauck left, a student recruited by Hauck pleaded guilty to sexual assault. None of the other players implicated years later in sexual assaults were Hauck recruits. I see no basis for blaming Hauck for later sexual assault issues.

The Jimmy Wilson matter received much negative press, but these are the facts: While in California, Wilson went to the aid of his aunt, who’d been beaten unconscious by her boyfriend, then defended himself when the man came at him with an assault rifle. Wilson was acquitted due to self-defense, returned to UM, played multiple years in the National Football League and had no problems after leaving Missoula.

Known as a strong disciplinarian, Hauck responded decisively to his players’ involvement in a couple of unacceptable incidents. Three players were involved in a home invasion and another three in a fight at the dorms. All of them were kicked off the team permanently. As for enrollment, it increased steadily while Hauck was at UM and continued to increase for two years after he left.

Hauck admitted mistakes but now has owned them and handled criticism with maturity and class.

Griz Nation does not support bullying or abuse. Griz Nation doesn’t condone people waiting to pounce on any misstep to support misconceptions about Hauck, nor do we accept the use of falsehoods and misinformation to convict him in the court of public opinion.

Griz Nation is thrilled to welcome Hauck home to Missoula.

Welcome back, Bobby Hauck. Go Griz!

Stacy Coulter is a victim advocate and Grizzly football fan.
We all need to be careful judging others with regards to the actions of young kids left with too much free time on their hands.

There were some disciplinary actions taken by the present MSU staff I felt were too harsh, but that's just my opinion. This staff has only been at MSU two years; how many disciplinary actions have there been?

Stacy said it best. Hauck was younger. He's good for the rivalry within the fanbase because he knows how to poke a stick in eye and get on that last raw nerve of Cat fans. I enjoy watching people's reactions all over the state and he's yet to walk the sidelines of a game yet.

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:11 pm

Griz trolls:

Thanks for posting your podcast of your turd coach on BN, and I'm sorry you had to take some medicine as a result. But the simple fact is that Montana State is completing $130,000,000 in buildings on campus from the $50,000,000 Asbjornson and the $20,000,000 Jabs donations. MSU has more Goldwater Scholars than any school in the entire region, including the PAC schools. The dUMb administration isn't good enough to even carry Curzado's briefcase. The enrollment numbers and trends should humiliate you beyond words. Athletics you say? Other than how you like to brag about all the football wins from a period of time that the Cats played NAIA at the same time you played in the same conference at Stanford and Cal, you don't have sh!t. The BOTW all sports competition is 7-1 for the Cats so far. You managed to lose two years in a row to some of the least competitive Cat football teams in a decade. It's not going to get any better for any category for you grizidiots anytime soon either. We own you bitches.
Last edited by Darth Yoda on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.