FCS Semifinal weekend

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6132
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Sam Houston at North Dakota State, Friday 6pm mst.

South Dakota State at JMU, Saturday 2:30pm mst.

I'll go out on a limb and say Sammy finally gets past Ndsu in a tight, higher scoring game.
I'll take JMU over sdsu, also in a close game.


Image

User avatar
Montanabob
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 991
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by Montanabob » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:33 pm

NDSU
SDSU


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6132
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:51 pm

Heard a rumor on the Ndsu board, that the big NFL TE for sdsu isn't going to play, Christian McCaffery style.
Anybody know anything for sure?


Image

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1630
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:45 am

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Montanabob wrote:NDSU
SDSU
agreed.
Brookings, SD and Fargo, ND are 189 road miles from each other. If they play for the NC they will fly (from Fargo) 960 to Dallas (Frisco).

The record appears to be in 1985. Georgia Southern (Stateboro, GA) played Furman (Greenville, SC) 196 miles apart and flew 2,180 miles to SeaTac (Tacoma). Georgia So. won 44-42.

Surprised to see Furman has been to the National Championship 3 times. (1-2)



Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6462
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:05 am

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
Montanabob wrote:NDSU
SDSU
agreed.
Brookings, SD and Fargo, ND are 189 road miles from each other. If they play for the NC they will fly (from Fargo) 960 to Dallas (Frisco).

The record appears to be in 1985. Georgia Southern (Stateboro, GA) played Furman (Greenville, SC) 196 miles apart and flew 2,180 miles to SeaTac (Tacoma). Georgia So. won 44-42.

Surprised to see Furman has been to the National Championship 3 times. (1-2)
Keith Swilling, the tight end of the Furman Championship team got to watch his son play at Georgia Tech the last few years. Billy Napier was the Furman quarterback the last year the Griz won the national title in Chattanooga. Billy was a finalist for the Payton the year after the championship loss to the Griz. He was Dabo's first OC at 29 at Clemson and is the OC at Arizona State. Chatsworth, Georgia just outside Dalton produced a lot of football talent under Billy's dad. That nortwest Georgia football area is pretty much being dominated by Calhoun now, a Georgia AA school, the second lowest classification in Georgia and has produced a lot of SEC and ACC talent by Coach Lamb.



John K
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8002
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am
Location: Great Falls MT

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by John K » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:33 pm

91catAlum wrote:Sam Houston at North Dakota State, Friday 6pm mst.

South Dakota State at JMU, Saturday 2:30pm mst.

I'll go out on a limb and say Sammy finally gets past Ndsu in a tight, higher scoring game.
I'll take JMU over sdsu, also in a close game.
I'm expecting two close and exciting games this weekend, and I think both of them could go either way. Push come to shove though, I think i'd have to go with NDSU over SHSU and JMU over SDSU, Although it wouldn't surprise me a bit if both of them went the other way. I'm really looking forward to watching both games.



User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:11 pm

The statistical ranking of the final four teams is eye-popping.

Scoring Offense

1. Sam Houston St. 45.6
2. North Dakota St. 39.2
3. South Dakota St. 38.8
13. James Madison 34.8

Scoring Defense

1. James Madison 10.3
2. North Dakota St. 11.4
33. South Dakota St. 21.8
90. Sam Houston St. 29.4

To make the final four, you need an elite point-scoring offense (either passing or running) or an elite point-preventing defense. Elite means best in the nation. You also need a pretty good to very good complementary defense or offense to produce a very high scoring margin.

North Dakota St. has both. James Madison is close.

The Bizon defeat the Dukes in the final and take their 6th national championship back to Fargo.



John K
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8002
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am
Location: Great Falls MT

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by John K » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:29 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:The statistical ranking of the final four teams is eye-popping.

Scoring Offense

1. Sam Houston St. 45.6
2. North Dakota St. 39.2
3. South Dakota St. 38.8
13. James Madison 34.8

Scoring Defense

1. James Madison 10.3
2. North Dakota St. 11.4
33. South Dakota St. 21.8
90. Sam Houston St. 29.4

To make the final four, you need an elite point-scoring offense (either passing or running) or an elite point-preventing defense. Elite means best in the nation. You also need a pretty good to very good complementary defense or offense to produce a very high scoring margin.

North Dakota St. has both. James Madison is close.

The Bizon defeat the Dukes in the final and take their 6th national championship back to Fargo.
I agree. After watching the games last weekend, I think NDSU is the best team in the nation again this year.



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6132
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Sam Houston gets 3 points on the opening drive. 12 play 79 yards.


Image

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6462
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:05 am

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Not once has the espn crew mentioned the two OCs are the Cats last two!



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6132
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Ndsu answers with a TD on their opening drive. 7-3


Image

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6132
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:33 pm

Sammie driving again to the Ndsu 35, but throws an interception. Ndsu ball.


Image

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6132
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:40 pm

Ndsu scores TD on a 60 yard run.
14-3


Image

User avatar
BigSkyCowboy
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:37 pm
Location: Chico, CA

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by BigSkyCowboy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:51 pm

NDSU looks pretty unstoppable. 21-3 Still in the 1st quarter.



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6132
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:56 pm

BigSkyCowboy wrote:NDSU looks pretty unstoppable. 21-3 Still in the 1st quarter.
Yep, Ndsu has 3 possessions and 3 TDs. They're doing whatever they want offensively.


Image

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6132
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:01 pm

And just as I say that, Sammie defense gets a stop and forces a punt.


Image

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9189
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by wbtfg » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:09 pm

It appears ndsu is still really good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
nevadacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:25 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by nevadacat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:43 pm

41-3 at halftime. How do the Bison keep getting these cream puff teams on their schedule? [emoji3]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

User avatar
RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by RickRund » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:18 pm

NDSU schools sammie, eats their lunch and takes all their toys... WOW, 55-13...



77matcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2240
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: FCS Semifinal weekend

Post by 77matcat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:16 pm

SHSU offense scores bunches of points against lesser teams, but has troubles against good defenses.............….......................................wait a minute


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro



Post Reply