Sam Houston/Tim Cramsey

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Sam Houston/Tim Cramsey

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:49 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:SHSU has the defensive tackles we didn’t. They have the backend we didn’t. They can play fast because their defense can get off the field. But if you look at their 4th qtr stats, you’re going to see pretty plainly that their defense wears out. Sorry boys, that formula isn’t winning a championship. We’re on the right path

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They might make it this year because of the seeding. The Cats need linemen and have for a half dozen years. One or two good players on both sides won't enable them to compete in a really weak conference let alone make a decent showing in the playoffs if the conference ever gets more than two or three teams in the tournament. You know which team is loading up on OL and DL players...
Their D is getting smoked

So is their offense.

SHSU has not played a tough schedule. Probably a little overrated. A little?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:50 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:SHSU has the defensive tackles we didn’t. They have the backend we didn’t. They can play fast because their defense can get off the field. But if you look at their 4th qtr stats, you’re going to see pretty plainly that their defense wears out. Sorry boys, that formula isn’t winning a championship. We’re on the right path

They might make it this year because of the seeding. The Cats need linemen and have for a half dozen years. One or two good players on both sides won't enable them to compete in a really weak conference let alone make a decent showing in the playoffs if the conference ever gets more than two or three teams in the tournament. You know which team is loading up on OL and DL players...

So is their offense.

Cramsey is doing a terrible job of game management. It reminds me of the 2012 Cat/Griz game

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

Messingham's offense over Cramsey's just about anywhere in the U.S.
Yup! Cramsey keeps trying to throw it deep without staying ahead of the sticks.

41-3 before halftime. OL, receivers who can catch the dang ball, and running backs--lots of running backs.
Hard hitters too. That hit on the SHSU returner that coughed the ball up was intense.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:58 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

So is their offense.

Cramsey is doing a terrible job of game management. It reminds me of the 2012 Cat/Griz game

SHSU is only gaining 4.2 per play. They have three turnovers and would’ve had another but for a penalty. They gave up 31 or more points eight times this year.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:04 pm

exppi wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

Messingham's offense over Cramsey's just about anywhere in the U.S.
Yup! Cramsey keeps trying to throw it deep without staying ahead of the sticks.

41-3 before halftime. OL, receivers who can catch the dang ball, and running backs--lots of running backs.
Hard hitters too. That hit on the SHSU returner that coughed the ball up was intense.
Look at that DL. Literally destroying the sammie OL. Then, the rest know how to break down...fundamentals.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:08 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

So is their offense.

MSU won that game 16-7 in Missoula.
???

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:38 pm

Ouch. 55/13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Did Marshall go to shsu also. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:45 pm

77matcat wrote:Did Marshall go to shsu also. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That’s brutal, but funny.

How about Bruce Anderson tonight? Five TDs in less than three quarters.

toM StUber

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:26 pm

Not really impressed with the NDSU offense. They didn't score in the 4th period :roll: :roll: :roll:

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:11 pm

They were having a cigarette and relaxing.
[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:14 pm

Can someone explain to me how Messingham has a championship caliber offense?

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:21 pm

A craftsman with good tools always creates a better product than one with out good tools.

Think we are in the process of acquiring better tools and reworking some to make them better.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:19 am

The only thing surprising about this thread is that LTCF is agreeing with the bumbling idiot that is CatGrad.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:39 am

Bocephus wrote:Can someone explain to me how Messingham has a championship caliber offense?
It would appear that some folks on this board don't know what they're talking about, when it comes to judging OCs.
As hard as that is to believe...

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:19 pm

KittieKop wrote:How is this possible? I was under the impression you couldn't win with Cramsey's offense - it scored too fast and wore out your defense (tongue firmly in cheek). Seriously though, running the same high score, high speed offense, how's SHSU succeeding as a team with it where MSU had trouble outscoring opponents? Is it as simple as defensive athletes?
Well..................

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:48 pm

So, with Cramsey and Messingham, both teams are basically performing at the level they have in recent seasons?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:22 pm

When Cramsey first showed up I was thrilled with the offense. I thought, with the defense that we have this ism going to be great. I now think that that type of offense kills your defense. The Defense does not get the reps to really learn how to be a team. If I were building a team, it would be defense as the priority.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:32 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Bocephus wrote:Can someone explain to me how Messingham has a championship caliber offense?
It would appear that some folks on this board don't know what they're talking about, when it comes to judging OCs.
It's helps to have the players for your style of offense. Cramsey at NDSU or Messingham at SHSU would not be stellar to start.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:52 pm

exppi wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
It's helps to have the players for your style of offense. Cramsey at NDSU or Messingham at SHSU would not be stellar to start.
It does help, I agree. But Cramsey would be just fine anywhere he went, I think. As long as he had a reasonably talented QB. That would obviously include Ndsu.

Messingham is definitely driving a Cadillac in Fargo, but obviously he isn't the incompetent OC that many on this board made him out to be.