Sam Houston/Tim Cramsey

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Sam Houston/Tim Cramsey

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:20 pm

91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:SHSU has the defensive tackles we didn’t. They have the backend we didn’t. They can play fast because their defense can get off the field. But if you look at their 4th qtr stats, you’re going to see pretty plainly that their defense wears out. Sorry boys, that formula isn’t winning a championship. We’re on the right path

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They might make it this year because of the seeding. The Cats need linemen and have for a half dozen years. One or two good players on both sides won't enable them to compete in a really weak conference let alone make a decent showing in the playoffs if the conference ever gets more than two or three teams in the tournament. You know which team is loading up on OL and DL players...
Their D is getting smoked

So is their offense.

SHSU has not played a tough schedule. Probably a little overrated. A little?
Cramsey is doing a terrible job of game management. It reminds me of the 2012 Cat/Griz game

MSU won that game 16-7 in Missoula.
???
Must’ve been 2014... meh, my memory isn’t as good when I’m drinking beer

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:23 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:The only thing surprising about this thread is that LTCF is agreeing with the bumbling idiot that is CatGrad.

[emoji38]

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:26 pm

lutecat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:How is this possible? I was under the impression you couldn't win with Cramsey's offense - it scored too fast and wore out your defense (tongue firmly in cheek). Seriously though, running the same high score, high speed offense, how's SHSU succeeding as a team with it where MSU had trouble outscoring opponents? Is it as simple as defensive athletes?
Well..................

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It seems his offense was part of one of the last 4 FCS teams playing in the country. So, I'd call that at least a modicum of success :-k

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:19 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:SHSU has the defensive tackles we didn’t. They have the backend we didn’t. They can play fast because their defense can get off the field. But if you look at their 4th qtr stats, you’re going to see pretty plainly that their defense wears out. Sorry boys, that formula isn’t winning a championship. We’re on the right path

They might make it this year because of the seeding. The Cats need linemen and have for a half dozen years. One or two good players on both sides won't enable them to compete in a really weak conference let alone make a decent showing in the playoffs if the conference ever gets more than two or three teams in the tournament. You know which team is loading up on OL and DL players...

So is their offense.

Cramsey is doing a terrible job of game management. It reminds me of the 2012 Cat/Griz game

???

2014 was the year Bleskin threw all those picks and we lost 34-7. Is that the one you're thinking of?

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Sam Houston/Tim Cramsey

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:46 am

John K wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

So is their offense.

???

2014 was the year Bleskin threw all those picks and we lost 34-7. Is that the one you're thinking of?
Yup... how many picks did Briscoe throw? A bunch

And it seemed like Cramsey used the same game plan. Chuck it deep. Abandon the run

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:26 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
John K wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

So is their offense.

???

And it seemed like Cramsey used the same game plan. Chuck it deep. Abandon the run

I believe Bleskin threw 5 picks and I think he also lost a fumble, if I remember correctly.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:29 pm

John K wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
John K wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

So is their offense.

???

I believe Bleskin threw 5 picks and I think he also lost a fumble, if I remember correctly.
2 fumbles lost in the game, not sure if both were on Jake or the RB. So seven turnovers.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Didn’t Jake hurt his shoulder the first offensive series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:34 pm

77matcat wrote:Didn’t Jake hurt his shoulder the first offensive series.

Yep....I believe he did, now that you mention it.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Thought he was a real trouper staying in the game. McQuerry (sp??) was on the bench. If I recall he went on the last series and did fairly well.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:19 pm

Not sure when Jake got hurt but he definitely did at some point in the first half.

McQueary went in with 12 minutes left in the game and led the only TD drive, and it was against the griz starters. Might've been a more interesting game had he been put in at halftime.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Agree.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:54 pm

In regards to Messingham, I think he's a fine OC.

But he couldn't adapt to what we had. And well, it's hard to run any sort of offense when your QB can't pass the ball.