WSU at JMU

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

Re: WSU at JMU

Post by John K » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Cataholic wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:Weber lost the game when Jay Hill didn't have the guts to go for two when they scored their last TD. I mean, it's simple math, is it not?
Not sure what you're talking about. Kicking the PAT gave them an 8 point lead. You do that every time.
Why? This is the second time this season someone has said that and I completely disagree. Considering the time left in the game and the situation (playoffs), why do "you do that every time"? If you have a chance to go up 2 scores with about 3 minutes left in a game, that puts so much more pressure on the opposing team. They KNOW they have to score at least twice to win, and likely recover an onside kick in the process... as soon as Weber kicked that PAT, I just knew JMU was going to tie it up. They even got an offsides penalty called on that PAT to halve the distance needed for a 2 point conversion attempt, and they declined it. Did you see the way Cantwell was running on the lead draw in that 4th quarter? Against a tired, demoralized defense? I still say it's a bad coaching decision.
In my 40+ years of watching football, I don’t ever recall a coach going for two in a similar situation. Can you show an instance where such a decision has ever been made? To say Weber fans should be pissed is completely overreacting. Especially given that Hill made the standard decision every other coach has made for decades and he just led Weber to one of their most successful seasons in program history.
I agree 100%. I can't ever remember a coach going for 2 in that situation either and there's a good reason for that. Hill would have been crucified (and rightfully so), if he'd gone for 2, didn't get it, and then JMU won in OT.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Re: WSU at JMU

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Like I said, if Choate is in a similar situation, I hope he does the unconventional thing and goes for 2

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: