Round Three

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Round Three

Post by Rich K » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:10 am

I just noticed that the Weber State and NDSU playoff games this weekend will be on ESPN2.

I hope the Wildcats can stay with James Madison.

Here's a link to a youtube upload of last week's JMU - Stony Brook game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXLoedO2uyw

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Round Three

Post by catatac » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:35 am

Rich K wrote:I just noticed that the Weber State and NDSU playoff games this weekend will be on ESPN2.

Here's a link to a youtube upload of last week's JMU - Stony Brook game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXLoedO2uyw
Same here. I kinda feel like the Big Sky got a raw deal this year. Yes we haven't showed very strong recently in the playoffs so I get it. I jsut wish EWU would have made it in along with or rather than NAU - I'm pretty sure they would have beaten San Diego. Also, sucks that they put Weber against SUU so early, and then winner has to take on JMU. Tall order for Weebs tonight bit I think they can make it a game.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:55 am

catatac wrote:
Rich K wrote:I just noticed that the Weber State and NDSU playoff games this weekend will be on ESPN2.

Same here. I kinda feel like the Big Sky got a raw deal this year. Yes we haven't showed very strong recently in the playoffs so I get it. I jsut wish EWU would have made it in along with or rather than NAU - I'm pretty sure they would have beaten San Diego. Also, sucks that they put Weber against SUU so early, and then winner has to take on JMU. Tall order for Weebs tonight bit I think they can make it a game.
This!
I think Weber can hang with JMU for a while but I don't see them pulling the upset. JMU is just too strong. But I'll definitely rooting for Weber tonight.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:56 am

Weber JMU game is tonight at 5pm. The other 3 are tomorrow, starting with Ndsu Wofford at 10am.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:10 am

My picks:

JMU over Weber
NDSU over Wofford
SDSU over New Hampshire
Kennesaw over Sam Houston

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:33 am

Rich K wrote:My picks:

JMU over Weber
NDSU over Wofford
SDSU over New Hampshire
You're taking Kennesaw, eh? You really think they can pull it off? I'll be pulling for them but I'm not sure they can win it.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:37 am

91catAlum wrote:

JMU over Weber
NDSU over Wofford
SDSU over New Hampshire
You're taking Kennesaw, eh? You really think they can pull it off? I'll be pulling for them but I'm not sure they can win it.
The Kennesaw/Sam Houston game should be a really fast (clock) game. Sam Houston better score on a lot of their drives because they are not going to get as many possessions. That sometimes kills teams with good offenses watching an option team slowly work it down the field for the score (Kennessaw). I know it does for me. So if anything I bet this is a lot closer game than people think. I think they can pull it off as I thought their D was pretty good as well. It is painful to watch your team play them though as you know your only going to get so many possessions on offense. This is a very good 3rd round matchup.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:57 am

91catAlum wrote:

JMU over Weber
NDSU over Wofford
SDSU over New Hampshire
Maybe it's a bit of wishful thinking on my part, but yes, I'm taking them. I look at how Kennesaw State has built their program and almost hope they decide to follow Georgia Southern to FBS.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Weber's big advantage is that they will not have played us the previous week.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:11 pm

My picks:

Weber wins
NDSU over Wofford
SDSU over New Hampshire
Kennesaw over Sam Houston[/

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:20 pm

Jmu, ndsu, shsu and unh will win.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber