He's Baaack

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Re: He's Baaack

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:01 am

Rich K wrote:We won't find out who the "power behind the throne" is until the next major contribution to dUMb athletics is announced.
I would tell you but AUcat seems a bit miffed so I wont.

Not that there wont be a "next major contribution" but the one that got this done happened a few weeks ago......at 1pm. :coffee:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:05 am

Mr Lisle wrote:What a statement it would be if he hired TG. I wouldn't bet against Gregorak going back.
I highly doubt he'd go back to um in a lateral move. Especially now that they turned him down, again, for the head coaching job.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:07 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:I have a question for people in the know and I apologize if it's already been asked and answered. If Bobby Hauck is officially hired back, what are the odds that Gregorak goes back to UM to be his DC? I can see why he wouldn't, but I really don't want to lose TG, and especially not back to the Griz
Colter addressed this on T&T on Tuesday or Monday, can't remember which day. He says there is no chance TG will go back to the Griz. He thinks because of his wife's job and status in Bozeman, the fact that Ty has no ties to UM other than working there (not a grad), that it would just be a lateral move, and that he took the job with the Cats to pretty much spite UM.

But anything can happen.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

85CatGrad
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 85CatGrad » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:27 am

CelticCat wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:I have a question for people in the know and I apologize if it's already been asked and answered. If Bobby Hauck is officially hired back, what are the odds that Gregorak goes back to UM to be his DC? I can see why he wouldn't, but I really don't want to lose TG, and especially not back to the Griz
Colter addressed this on T&T on Tuesday or Monday, can't remember which day. He says there is no chance TG will go back to the Griz. He thinks because of his wife's job and status in Bozeman, the fact that Ty has no ties to UM other than working there (not a grad), that it would just be a lateral move, and that he took the job with the Cats to pretty much spite UM.

But anything can happen.
If Choate is successful over the next 3 years and with his FBS connections, I would expect him to move up to the FBS level. I think Ty knows they will be successful, so he will likely hang in there and be ready to take over the Bobcat program when that time comes.

Think of what that would do for the rivalry.... "Undeafeted Gregorak The Griz Killer vs. Beavis The Retread"

cat_stache_fever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by cat_stache_fever » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:30 am

IMHO, this move is a desperate one. I'm sure most Griz fans are feeling all warm and fuzzy today, and they should be; it's a fun story...

It's gonna end one of two ways: the Griz finish 11-1/10-2 each of the next 2 seasons, win the BSC and make deep playoff runs, Bobby leaves to coach somewhere like UTEP or San Jose State(this scenario is HIGHLY unlikely); the Griz finish 5-6 the next two seasons with "Stitt's guys." Everyone on egriz agrees this is a bad hire, Haslam(if he still has a job, panics) fires Hauck and we're right back to square one.(my money is on this scenario)

The landscape of the BSC is much different than the one Bobby left behind. He isn't inheriting a team fresh a chipper appearance, but rather a team that finished 7th(?) in a conference that's adding another member.
Good luck Bobby...you'll need it.

well.......we gonna pitch it!
"we gonna put something/somebody(?) on they ass...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cXf-VrzznY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:31 am

CelticCat wrote:

But anything can happen.
My personally thought is TG will end up like McEndoo and go FBS when the time is right.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 am

Just heard the real reason why there is a hold up in announcing Hauck as the head coach. Sounds like the paper work is all done and ready to go. I guess the Missoula Police Department needs to hire 30 more police officers so they have enough staff to serve, protect and arrest Griz football players.

Punters are people too!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:03 am

GoCats18 wrote:Just heard the real reason why there is a hold up in announcing Hauck as the head coach. Sounds like the paper work is all done and ready to go. I guess the Missoula Police Department needs to hire 30 more police officers so they have enough staff to serve, protect and arrest Griz football players.
I believe you were misinformed. I heard they needed time to break all of the printing presses at the campus newspaper.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:07 am

Maybe they are waiting for other information to pop up. it seems to be all the rage right now in politics, TV news and entertainment personalities. Que the ISB allegations in 3.....2....1.... :-^

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

asstastic

Post by asstastic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:23 am

Does anyone else find it odd that Montana Collage doesn’t seem the smallest bit transparent with its review, selection, interviewing, and hiring process. I would think with the financial siutuation the junoir college is in, your not just thinking about wins and losses with this hire. Has it been reported how many other coaches were finalists or how many were formally interviewed?

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:23 am

I think you guys should resurrect that thread from a few years ago when some rumors surfaced that Hauck was coming after the Cats open position. I seem to recall a lot of intrigue and excitement here over that potential. Very few seemed to take issue with Hauck then and many were excited he'd be the one to take you to the promised land. Funny how that has all suddenly changed.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:44 am

Need to find the thread about the griz interviewing a guy named Abaddon. Sorry, it's actually over on egriz. I'm sure some of them who post here gave him 100% backing because it doesn't matter who they hired to get their support.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:21 pm

cat_stache_fever wrote:IMHO, this move is a desperate one. I'm sure most Griz fans are feeling all warm and fuzzy today, and they should be; it's a fun story...

It's gonna end one of two ways: the Griz finish 11-1/10-2 each of the next 2 seasons, win the BSC and make deep playoff runs, Bobby leaves to coach somewhere like UTEP or San Jose State(this scenario is HIGHLY unlikely); the Griz finish 5-6 the next two seasons with "Stitt's guys." Everyone on egriz agrees this is a bad hire, Haslam(if he still has a job, panics) fires Hauck and we're right back to square one.(my money is on this scenario)

The landscape of the BSC is much different than the one Bobby left behind. He isn't inheriting a team fresh a chipper appearance, but rather a team that finished 7th(?) in a conference that's adding another member.
Good luck Bobby...you'll need it.
I love this hire for MSU, the only thing better for us would have been keeping Stitt around another 5 years. Hope Bobby can figure out what to do with a couple dozen receivers on his roster. :lol:

GO CATS GO!!!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:25 pm

Grizaddict wrote:I think you guys should resurrect that thread from a few years ago when some rumors surfaced that Hauck was coming after the Cats open position. I seem to recall a lot of intrigue and excitement here over that potential. Very few seemed to take issue with Hauck then and many were excited he'd be the one to take you to the promised land. Funny how that has all suddenly changed.
It seems like the majority were very against it, a few would've been ok with it, and maybe one or two thought he could get us a championship. So I question your memory of the event.

Personally, I would've been fine with it. I think Hauck is a good coach. He's not a great, or special coach. He'll run a fundamental team that always plays hard. Him and Choate are pretty similar, minus some obvious personality issues.

I think Hauck's off field stuff is overstated. Didn't have any issues at UNLV, everybody at SDSU loved him. I think the issues are more of a systemic nature due to the football worship in Missoula. Bobby greatly mishandled the press, but I don't think he encouraged his players to do what they want. He didn't instill a rape culture. I think that has more to do with the town/fans tbh. Griz players were worshipped. It happens on the majority of good teams campus's. Look at Notre Dame. Alabama. Miami. Florida. Florida State. Penn State. The list could go on, and on, and on. Power corrupts.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:26 pm

This is probably an obvious statement, but Bobby won't have the success he had when he was first here. He'll still be a good coach.

We'll see how Griz fans react if he loses a few each year.

Buckaroo Bonzi

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:28 pm

Grizaddict wrote:I think you guys should resurrect that thread from a few years ago when some rumors surfaced that Hauck was coming after the Cats open position. I seem to recall a lot of intrigue and excitement here over that potential. Very few seemed to take issue with Hauck then and many were excited he'd be the one to take you to the promised land. Funny how that has all suddenly changed.
You should do that ,I don't recall it like that at all but maybe ? Also how many Catgrizz games has Ty won and
is he the all time Winningest Catgrizz Coach ? Thanks

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:28 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
It seems like the majority were very against it, a few would've been ok with it, and maybe one or two thought he could get us a championship. So I question your memory of the event.

Personally, I would've been fine with it. I think Hauck is a good coach. He's not a great, or special coach. He'll run a fundamental team that always plays hard. Him and Choate are pretty similar, minus some obvious personality issues.

I think Hauck's off field stuff is overstated. Didn't have any issues at UNLV, everybody at SDSU loved him. I think the issues are more of a systemic nature due to the football worship in Missoula. Bobby greatly mishandled the press, but I don't think he encouraged his players to do what they want. He didn't instill a rape culture. I think that has more to do with the town/fans tbh. Griz players were worshipped. It happens on the majority of good teams campus's. Look at Notre Dame. Alabama. Miami. Florida. Florida State. Penn State. The list could go on, and on, and on. Power corrupts.
Lots of jersey chasers there. One kid that my son knew couldn't believe the attention he would get because he was a "griz"

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:30 pm

Once again, you are trolling. Making stuff up again. Maybe a handful of Cats would have liked a Hauck hire, but no where near a majority. Quite frankly, I remember a lot people saying NO WAY IN HELL!!!! Have fun with that train wreck.

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:32 pm

bobcat99 wrote:This is probably an obvious statement, but Bobby won't have the success he had when he was first here. He'll still be a good coach.

We'll see how Griz fans react if he loses a few each year.
I tend to agree with you; they're no longer the mighty, untouchable Montana grizzlies. They are simply another team in the top half or top third of the big sky. EWU, MSU, Weber, Idaho, nobody's scared to go in there and play any more. They have great facilities, but a struggling university overall. I think hauck will have some success, for sure, but he isn't going 47-6 against the league again. 8 wins is success in this league right now, maybe 6 conference wins. Is that enough for their daddy boosters over there? Who knows...

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:34 pm

bobcat99 wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more on all the culture stuff. Missoula worshipped their team and its players and it got out of hand