He's Baaack

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

He's Baaack

Post by catscat » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:05 pm

Just saw on the news that BH will be the 37th coach at dUMb. Guess they couldn't find anyone else.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: He's Baaack

Post by CatRowdy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:29 pm

Perfect; let his last tenure at UM be one of significant losses and getting fired by the same people who so desperately want him now.

catscat

Post by catscat » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:33 pm

So at 10 Scott Breen says Huck's hired. Confirmed by Skyline Sports with 8 anonymous sources. Now at 10:30 he says that even though Skyline Sports has confirmed with 8 anonymous sources, dUMb is denying that Howck's hired. Good thing someone coined the phrase "fake news" to fit these situations.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:47 pm

Saw that article on Facebook. Sounds pretty interesting the way thInga played out. So did the three powerful boosters basically make the decision to fire Stitt and hire Hauck back? I might be naive here but is that common in the world of college football, and could that possibly happen at MSU? Seems pretty crazy if you ask me.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:54 pm

catatac wrote:Saw that article on Facebook. Sounds pretty interesting the way thInga played out. So did the three powerful boosters basically make the decision to fire Stitt and hire Hauck back? I might be naive here but is that common in the world of college football, and could that possibly happen at MSU? Seems pretty crazy if you ask me.
It takes very MATURE boosters to give $$$ with no expectation of compensation back...i.e. you will bring this coach in or you will lose this money...! That said, those are the realities in a capitalist system. Money talks...follow the money...etc. My guess is that the facts lie somewhere in the middle.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:55 pm

Nothing is 100% official until the paperwork is signed, sealed, and delivered as well as the BOR approving the salary package. So until that happens, Haslam has to say it's not a done deal. But we all know better. The offer was extended and now it's just the details.

Duane
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Duane » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:58 pm

catatac wrote:Saw that article on Facebook. Sounds pretty interesting the way thInga played out. So did the three powerful boosters basically make the decision to fire Stitt and hire Hauck back? I might be naive here but is that common in the world of college football, and could that possibly happen at MSU? Seems pretty crazy if you ask me.
Well the school is broke and apparently no one is steering the ship. I would think if the numbers were good and they actually had someone in charge the boosters would not matter as much.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:41 am

Huh

:coffee:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:48 am

Thanks, alpha dumbass!

I new you were right all along, you're amazing!

I know you will be the first to tell everyone when you hate the new coach, when he'll be fired and who is replacing him!

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:58 am

The Second book in a Series of "Rape and the Justice System in a College Town", just started today!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:59 am

It's close enough to being confirmed that any coach that Hauck contacts can have confidence that he's eventually going to have a job to offer.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:01 am

BH is a good fit for the 2017 7th place BSC griz at this time. As said elsewhere, I think he is a hard nosed (no slam intended) coach who will bring "swagger" back to the griz, put butts in seats, and be great for the rivalry with the Cats. That being said, some observations and questions:

I think the griz AD's job took a significant hit with the way he handled the hiring (secret squirrel like), the way this announcement is being handled again (see Stitt), and the fact that he really did what he was told. No power in that position anymore. Where there really any other significant candidates anyway?

It will be interesting to see what BH does with the team handed to him - particularly on offense. Will he employ a style that fits what Stitt left him as he morphs back to Bobby-ball, gut the team, or what?

Off the field I suspect that BH and um will be hypersensitive to how he handles the press and his players. I, for one, dislike that coaches bare the full burden of the mistakes made by a handful of players (i.e., they don't always receive the accolades for the vast majority of players that do good and succeed). I think there are degrees of blame the coach must accept (i.e., giving a player with known issue another chance vs. someone who has never had a problem in the past), but again - full responsibility?! In any case, they would be foolish not to have a strategy and even liaison for BH to help handle the inevitable off field issues that come up with any coach. I'm sure he has learned and the world is a different place since he was last at um.

Looking forward to seeing how BH is treated when his first year or two are not as successful as his prior record. Congrats griz - you spun a disappointing end of your season (at the hands of the Cats) into something that gains press. Let the games begin.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:19 am

I almost feel bad for the AD. He basically got his balls cut away from him. The UM process seemed secretive whereas at MSU the hiring process was open. Bring it on, we have the better coach

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

blueandgoldblitz

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:20 am

I have a question for people in the know and I apologize if it's already been asked and answered. If Bobby Hauck is officially hired back, what are the odds that Gregorak goes back to UM to be his DC? I can see why he wouldn't, but I really don't want to lose TG, and especially not back to the Griz

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:23 am

Maybe Hauck will finally be able to pose a serious challenge to MSU.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:31 am

We won't find out who the "power behind the throne" is until the next major contribution to dUMb athletics is announced.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:42 am

WeedKillinCat wrote:I almost feel bad for the AD. He basically got his balls cut away from him. The UM process seemed secretive whereas at MSU the hiring process was open. Bring it on, we have the better coach
Zero. TG's next move up will double his salary, either a position coach or coordinator at an FBS school or a HC within FCS.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:45 am

What a statement it would be if he hired TG. I wouldn't bet against Gregorak going back.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:50 am

Rich K wrote:We won't find out who the "power behind the throne" is until the next major contribution to dUMb athletics is announced.
It's Denny.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:58 am

My sources tell me. :-k

1. Ty will be offered the DC job.
2. Rosenbach will be offered OC.
3. Announcement of funds raised for training rooms etc., and/or IPF.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."