So UM really wants their classless jerk back?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: So UM really wants their classless jerk back?

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:27 pm

iaafan wrote:It’s sad to see Colter associate with this Tootel character. The guy’s an absolute blow hard that I was hoping to not see on the Montana sports scene. He’s also a big homer. The national market is saturated with these flakes.

If they think Hauck will fix what ails the Griz, they’re taking a risk, but they can just say, “oops, guess I was wrong” and change the subject. Standard operating procedure for sports talk radio.

Haucks success at UM is tempered by his poor playoff record away from WGS and the overall weakness other BSC. He failed miserably at unlv. A guy who came straight from the high school ranks to replace Hauck is doing significantly better. Only one coach has done worse than Hauck at Unlv in the past 32 years (7 coaches).
I don't think Hauck will fix the Griz...on the contrary, I think Hauck will face the most unrealistic expectations of any Griz coach yet and he will have to literally win 90 percent of his games, never lose to the Cats and have deep playoff runs every single year to even keep his head above water.

Today's lead topic on The Drive — how the Big Sky Conference has changed since last decade and how that will impact Bobby Hauck or whoever takes the next job at Montana. Stay tuned.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:34 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:So serious question. if he comes back does anyone think he might not be as big an ***hole as he was before? I know I've mellowed a little in the past 7 or 8 years, and I'm close to his age :)

Is there a friendship with Coach Choate?
Uhhhh... No.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:38 pm

91catAlum wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:So serious question. if he comes back does anyone think he might not be as big an ***hole as he was before? I know I've mellowed a little in the past 7 or 8 years, and I'm close to his age :)

Uhhhh... No.
Well, there's probably still a friendship with TG. So if he's still here if this goes down, don't you think there's a chance the rhetoric will be a little less nasty?

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:43 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Uhhhh... No.
Well, there's probably still a friendship with TG. So if he's still here if this goes down, don't you think there's a chance the rhetoric will be a little less nasty?

Honestly I don't. If Hauck is anything like he was before, he will cut all ties with Ty and accuse him of being a traitor. It will be a huge rift, I'm guessing, and will get nasty. Hauck is a complete @**hole and I don't think anyone should expect anything different this time around.
Last edited by 91catAlum on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:44 pm

91catAlum wrote:

Uhhhh... No.
A skunk can paint himself up in an attempt to hide what he truly is but eventually he'll stink up his surroundings.
That's what skunks and BH do.

Edit to add; I've mellowed too in the last 7 or 8 years. It would curl your hair to hear what I would say of him back then.
Last edited by Joe Bobcat on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:48 pm

BH is a pro wrestler putting on an act. He's trolling people. You can't let it bother you, or you've got to be a better troll.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:57 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Uhhhh... No.
A skunk can paint himself up in an attempt to hide what he truly is but eventually he'll stink up his surroundings.
That's what skunks and BH do.

Edit to add; I've mellowed too in the last 7 or 8 years. It would curl your hair to hear what I would say of him back then.
:D :wink:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:59 pm

91catAlum wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Uhhhh... No.

Honestly I don't. If Hauck is anything like he was before, he will cut all ties with Ty and excuse him of being a traitor. It will be a huge rift, I'm guessing, and will get nasty. Hauck is a complete @**hole and I don't think anyone should expect anything different this time around.
I kinda miss the days of Don Read and Joe Glenn. (Not the kicking-our-ass part) :oops: :oops: :oops:

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:38 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Uhhhh... No.

Honestly I don't. If Hauck is anything like he was before, he will cut all ties with Ty and excuse him of being a traitor. It will be a huge rift, I'm guessing, and will get nasty. Hauck is a complete @**hole and I don't think anyone should expect anything different this time around.
I kinda miss the days of Don Read and Joe Glenn. (Not the kicking-our-ass part) :oops: :oops: :oops:
Agreed!!!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:14 pm

https://twitter.com/SWXMontana/status/936055195569594369 Not yet, I guess?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:52 pm

There goes the neighborhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:02 pm

SWX tweeted he got the job at 7 but took it down. Looks like Skyline gets the scoop now.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:04 pm

I was thinking there was a chance they were going a different direction with how public the anti-Hauck stuff has been in recent days. But obviously I was wrong. Things will definitely be interesting now...

I'm not about to go about making predictions that we'll still beat the Griz the next few years regardless of the coach, or anything like that. I didn't do that before Hauck was announced and I won't do it now that it's official. But I think we can all agree how sweet it will be if the Cats can continue to beat them the next few years. The general sentiment among Griz fans seems to be their savior just came back. They'll be the class of the big sky and have no problem with little ol MSU again now that Hauck is here to save the day.

This certainly makes a win on Cat/Griz next year and the following years that much sweeter. (and a loss that much more unbearable)
Last edited by Catsrgrood on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:06 pm

What a stitt show they got going on over there.
https://twitter.com/Amie_Just/status/936098073281028097

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:08 pm

Hawks86 wrote:What a stitt show they got going on over there.
https://twitter.com/Amie_Just/status/936098073281028097
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Duane
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Duane » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:16 pm

What a dumpster fire that place is. Is anybody in charge there besides the boosters ?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:22 pm

I think they are just waiting on the check to clear from the booster who wanted hack back.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:28 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
iaafan wrote:It’s sad to see Colter associate with this Tootel character. The guy’s an absolute blow hard that I was hoping to not see on the Montana sports scene. He’s also a big homer. The national market is saturated with these flakes.

If they think Hauck will fix what ails the Griz, they’re taking a risk, but they can just say, “oops, guess I was wrong” and change the subject. Standard operating procedure for sports talk radio.

Haucks success at UM is tempered by his poor playoff record away from WGS and the overall weakness other BSC. He failed miserably at unlv. A guy who came straight from the high school ranks to replace Hauck is doing significantly better. Only one coach has done worse than Hauck at Unlv in the past 32 years (7 coaches).
I don't think Hauck will fix the Griz...on the contrary, I think Hauck will face the most unrealistic expectations of any Griz coach yet and he will have to literally win 90 percent of his games, never lose to the Cats and have deep playoff runs every single year to even keep his head above water.

Today's lead topic on The Drive — how the Big Sky Conference has changed since last decade and how that will impact Bobby Hauck or whoever takes the next job at Montana. Stay tuned.
I think this is spot on. I honestly think this is maybe the most interesting aspect of the whole situation. They just let a coach go for having a 60% winning percentage in his 3 years. Now THE man comes back. How many boosters and fans will stay even remotely patient if things aren't drastically better right away. I don't think that this will necessarily happen, but can you imagine if he went 5-6 or 6-5 next year in his first year back? That would make for some good reading on egriz...

Triple C
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Triple C » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:13 am

I can't figure out why Griz fans are so insistent that Hauck will immediately come in and be a playoff caliber team. Mariani and Colt Anderson commented that he "got every single guy to play above and beyond their own expectations". So, why is it that he was unable to motivate his Runnin Rebels team for 5 straight years when he had his own recruits the last few years? This isn't the Big Sky Conference of the early 2000s. If he ends up getting hired and has the same attitude toward MSU as he did previously, I have little doubt Choate and company will rise up and above his pettiness and keep the trophy in Bozeman.

Stitt: "Griz got 5 best in state. Small Montana class, but quality" Translation? "We didn't want all of the ones we offered"

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:44 am

Catsrgrood wrote:I was thinking there was a chance they were going a different direction with how public the anti-Hauck stuff has been in recent days. But obviously I was wrong. Things will definitely be interesting now...

I'm not about to go about making predictions that we'll still beat the Griz the next few years regardless of the coach, or anything like that. I didn't do that before Hauck was announced and I won't do it now that it's official. But I think we can all agree how sweet it will be if the Cats can continue to beat them the next few years. The general sentiment among Griz fans seems to be their savior just came back. They'll be the class of the big sky and have no problem with little ol MSU again now that Hauck is here to save the day.

This certainly makes a win on Cat/Griz next year and the following years that much sweeter. (and a loss that much more unbearable)
The real reason there was a delay in announcing Hauck was a stipulation in his contract about who he wants to be his next DC.........................

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com