So UM really wants their classless jerk back?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

So UM really wants their classless jerk back?

Post by aucat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:04 am

Here's one way to quickly make the MSU-UM rivalry a truly TOXIC one:
Hire this piece of work.

Bobby Hauck was the most pathetic example of a classless jerk in college
sports that I ever saw.

He would not even speak to his own student newspaper reporters at UM.

He would refuse to even be interviewed by the professional MSU broadcasters
who always interview staff from the team MSU is playing in a given week.

He behaved like a thug.

Good work Montana Griz. You are truly desperate but this one is going
to backfire on you if this is where you really want to go.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: So UM really wants their classless jerk back?

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:12 am

None of that is true. We are afraid of him and so is Choate. I read that repeatedly somewhere. :lol:

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:17 am

aucat wrote:Here's one way to quickly make the MSU-UM rivalry a truly TOXIC one:
Hire this piece of work.

sports that I ever saw.

He behaved like a thug.

I think he's good for the rivalry. Reminds me of Spurrier and Erickson when he was at Miami. Neither one of them were too fond of media either.

Do I think he's matured? Hope not because for somebody who never played the game like Leach, he does a good job with details and that's admirable.

Plus, wouldnt it be special to knock him down? Bring back their best coach ever record wise and watch him go up in flames would be special.

aucat

Post by aucat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:23 am

I agree with you that it would be fun to watch him go down in flames like he did at UNLV;
however, I'm just all about good sportsmanship. I like to go at it in the game, but then shake hands
and get on with your life. Win with class and lose with class.

I just remember how refreshing it was when Robin Phlugrad replaced Hauck at UM. Robin still whipped
us, but he behaved in such a class way. I still don't know why they fired him over there, but at least
when it came to the MSU-UM game, he behaved with class.

I know I despise a classless coach and I would hate to see it at MSU, even if we were winning championships.

Time will tell, but MSU is in a different situation now that it was when Hauck was there before.

So if UM thinks they can just dial Hauck up and go back to the "good ole days" I think they are in for a shock

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:46 am

I couldn't care less who they hire, though I prefer it to not be Gregorak, so that we don't need to go find a new DC.

Hauck shouldn't scare anybody. The griz could've had a monkey coaching their team back then and done just as well.

hokeyfine

Post by hokeyfine » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:55 am

griz fans are desperate for instant gratification. their nipples are very hard for huack. i think haslam is under a lot of pressure to hire someone to sell tickets. he thought stitt had a high flying, win producing offense that griz fans want. didn't happen. trying to re-live the past. the league has changed, teams don't fear the griz so much anymore. he failed at unlv, was passed over last time the griz were hiring, why hasn't he gotten any other head coaching?

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:10 am

hokeyfine wrote:griz fans are desperate for instant gratification. their nipples are very hard for huack. i think haslam is under a lot of pressure to hire someone to sell tickets. he thought stitt had a high flying, win producing offense that griz fans want. didn't happen. trying to re-live the past. the league has changed, teams don't fear the griz so much anymore. he failed at unlv, was passed over last time the griz were hiring, why hasn't he gotten any other head coaching?
I don't think anyone wants him because of his UNLV record and his new-weasel affiliation. I think he would be just right for UM though. Fits in with their diehard fanbase logic. Most schools want their kids to have decent role models and hold coaches and administrators to a higher standard.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:30 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
hokeyfine wrote:griz fans are desperate for instant gratification. their nipples are very hard for huack. i think haslam is under a lot of pressure to hire someone to sell tickets. he thought stitt had a high flying, win producing offense that griz fans want. didn't happen. trying to re-live the past. the league has changed, teams don't fear the griz so much anymore. he failed at unlv, was passed over last time the griz were hiring, why hasn't he gotten any other head coaching?
I don't think anyone wants him because of his UNLV record and his new-weasel affiliation. I think he would be just right for UM though. Fits in with their diehard fanbase logic. Most schools want their kids to have decent role models and hold coaches and administrators to a higher standard.
What is this "new-weasel affiliation" you speak of?

For the hundredth time I want to see the Griz hire a coach with higher moral character and standards plus one who displays greater sportsmanship than BH has ever shown.
As much as I don't care about the Griz I still care that nothing associated with the state of Montana be lead in such a cesspool manner.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

bob12
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bob12 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

For the hundredth time I want to see the Griz hire a coach with higher moral character and standards plus one who displays greater sportsmanship than BH has ever shown.
As much as I don't care about the Griz I still care that nothing associated with the state of Montana be lead in such a cesspool manner.
I would guess he is referring to the time spent at Washington with Rick Neuheisel.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:08 pm

bob12 wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

I would guess he is referring to the time spent at Washington with Rick Neuheisel.
I guess Neuheisel has been out of coaching so long everybody has forgotten Hauck was on his staff at Colorado and Washington.

Tennessee's main argument against Shiano was that they'd just come to a huge Title IX settlement and they want a Tennessee man again. Tee Martin is being championed and yep, Peyton's name is being floated around.

Would be nice for them to find a good coach without a history for the sake of the rivalry.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:29 pm

How many coaches, in the past 50 years, have returned to a team they previously coached? I can only think of one. Bill Snyder at Kansas State. He didn’t coach elsewhere. He came back out of retirement.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:32 pm

iaafan wrote:How many coaches, in the past 50 years, have returned to a team they previously coached? I can only think of one. Bill Snyder at Kansas State. He didn’t coach elsewhere. He came back out of retirement.
Chris Ault at Nevada and the former Wyoming AD who hired Dennis. I guess those are within 50 years...

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:48 pm

iaafan wrote:How many coaches, in the past 50 years, have returned to a team they previously coached? I can only think of one. Bill Snyder at Kansas State. He didn’t coach elsewhere. He came back out of retirement.
That's a good question......

Doesn't the Wisconsin former coach/AD come back every year and coach the bowl game?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:56 pm

aucat wrote:Here's one way to quickly make the MSU-UM rivalry a truly TOXIC one:
Hire this piece of work.

sports that I ever saw.

He behaved like a thug.

Hauck is the perfect coach for the world in which we currently live.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:58 pm

wbtfg wrote:
That's a good question......

Doesn't the Wisconsin former coach/AD come back every year and coach the bowl game?
Barry Alvarez coached the bowl game when Bielema got hired away. I don't know that he has come back for any but that one though.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:03 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Hire this piece of work.

sports that I ever saw.

He behaved like a thug.

I think he's good for the rivalry. Reminds me of Spurrier and Erickson when he was at Miami. Neither one of them were too fond of media either.

Do I think he's matured? Hope not because for somebody who never played the game like Leach, he does a good job with details and that's admirable.

Plus, wouldnt it be special to knock him down? Bring back their best coach ever record wise and watch him go up in flames would be special.
Yes it would! I say bring him on! I would love to knock them down again with Bobby at the helm. Then they could cry for Dave Dickenson :)

BroncoCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BroncoCat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Bobby Petrino at Louisville

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:24 pm

BroncoCat wrote:
Didn't Tom Osborne come back for a 2nd stint at Nebraska?

BroncoCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BroncoCat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:27 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
BroncoCat wrote:
Didn't Tom Osborne come back for a 2nd stint at Nebraska?
Mike Reilly left Oregon State for Chargers job and then went back to Oregon State

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:42 pm

What blow's me away is they are even considering bringing Hauck back. The downward spiral started with him, sure they won games, but all the crap off the field started with him. Pflugrad was the fall out, he inherited the "Hauck Culture". To say UM is going down the wrong road again, is an understatement. I bet it's more of a formality that they are evening doing an interview, seems like its a done deal. Any bets on when the next "book" comes out?