Other FCS

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Other FCS

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Northern Colorado destroying Cal Poly 42-0 end of 3rd.
Kennesaw State 35 Monmouth 21 half-time

Idaho State-Weber 7-7 near end of 1st.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Other FCS

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:Northern Colorado destroying Cal Poly 42-0 end of 3rd.
Kennesaw State 35 Monmouth 21 half-time

Idaho State-Weber 7-7 near end of 1st.
Kennesaw final 52-21

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:29 pm

Weber now in control up 28-7 in the 4th. SUU leads NAU 27-13 at the half, and will get the Big Sky automatic bid if they win due to their win over Weber.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:38 pm

Sac State won the Causeway Classic. The Hornets have quietly had a very, very nice 7-4 season. They might be on they playoff bubble.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:58 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Sac State won the Causeway Classic. The Hornets have quietly had a very, very nice 7-4 season. They might be on they playoff bubble.
If the BSC gets 4 teams in, Sac State has a legit claim against NAU for that spot.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:53 am

Southern Utah - Northern Arizona game played in front of record crowd of over 10,000 people.
http://www.thespectrum.com/story/sports ... 878479001/
The T-Birds won their ninth game of the year on Saturday — the most in program history since transitioning to Division 1. And the largest crowd in SUU history was on hand to see the feat. The 10,842 fans in attendance broke the record SUU set earlier this year during its homecoming game against Cal Poly.
...but the T-Birds are hoping to be a Top 8 seed and get a first-round bye.

At his postgame press conference, head coach Demario Warren held a small pamphlet in his hand. It contained information on how the T-Birds matched up against the other FCS teams jockeying for a seed. By the numbers, SUU looks to have a better resume than Jacksonville State, Central Arkansas, Sam Houston State, Wofford, Stony Brook, among others.

The T-Birds have been on the campaign trail this week, sending that kind of information to the committee members and getting the conference to lobby on their behalf

“I’m not saying these are bad teams, but if they are basing it off of what you have done on the football field, I think we have done more than almost any other team in the country,” Warren said. “We’ll see where they have us tomorrow.”
I think Southern Utah is making some good moves and has become a Big Sky Conference asset. I attended last year's MSU game in Cedar City and the game day atmosphere was wonderful. Northern Colorado joined up at the same time and the difference in my experiences at Greeley and Cedar City is night and day. The T-Birds are going to be a regular contender in the Big Sky. I hope they get a top 8 bid.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Rich K wrote:Southern Utah - Northern Arizona game played in front of record crowd of over 10,000 people.
http://www.thespectrum.com/story/sports ... 878479001/
The T-Birds won their ninth game of the year on Saturday — the most in program history since transitioning to Division 1. And the largest crowd in SUU history was on hand to see the feat. The 10,842 fans in attendance broke the record SUU set earlier this year during its homecoming game against Cal Poly.
...but the T-Birds are hoping to be a Top 8 seed and get a first-round bye.

At his postgame press conference, head coach Demario Warren held a small pamphlet in his hand. It contained information on how the T-Birds matched up against the other FCS teams jockeying for a seed. By the numbers, SUU looks to have a better resume than Jacksonville State, Central Arkansas, Sam Houston State, Wofford, Stony Brook, among others.

The T-Birds have been on the campaign trail this week, sending that kind of information to the committee members and getting the conference to lobby on their behalf

“I’m not saying these are bad teams, but if they are basing it off of what you have done on the football field, I think we have done more than almost any other team in the country,” Warren said. “We’ll see where they have us tomorrow.”
I think Southern Utah is making some good moves and has become a Big Sky Conference asset. I attended last year's MSU game in Cedar City and the game day atmosphere was wonderful. Northern Colorado joined up at the same time and the difference in my experiences at Greeley and Cedar City is night and day. The T-Birds are going to be a regular contender in the Big Sky. I hope they get a top 8 bid.
Actually UNC joined the BSC in 2006 and SUU in 2012, so that makes the difference between the 2 programs even more significant. SUU has been in the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years and WSU is in for the 2nd straight year. MSU, UM, and EWU dominated the league for many years, and none of them are in the field this year. I wonder how long it's been since the last time that happened. It's gotta be a very long time. The times they are a changing in the BSC.