NAU @ UM

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

golden77
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: NAU @ UM

Post by golden77 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:50 am

Just watched a replay of the UM, NAU game. Unbelievable play that resulted in NAU All American qb Case Cookus being removed from the game on a targeting hit. What was even more bizzare was Bob Stitt jumping up and down like a junior high cheerleader when the ejection was announced. What a class act.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:11 am

golden77 wrote:Just watched a replay of the UM, NAU game. Unbelievable play that resulted in NAU All American qb Case Cookus being removed from the game on a targeting hit. What was even more bizzare was Bob Stitt jumping up and down like a junior high cheerleader when the ejection was announced. What a class act.
Ya I saw that too, I'm sure he was excited because that call may have saved his job.

Cookus acted like an idiot going off the field too. The crowd, and griz bench, looked like they were egging him on, though.

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:47 am

91catAlum wrote:
golden77 wrote:Just watched a replay of the UM, NAU game. Unbelievable play that resulted in NAU All American qb Case Cookus being removed from the game on a targeting hit. What was even more bizzare was Bob Stitt jumping up and down like a junior high cheerleader when the ejection was announced. What a class act.
Ya I saw that too, I'm sure he was excited because that call may have saved his job.

Cookus acted like an idiot going off the field too. The crowd, and griz bench, looked like they were egging him on, though.
Clearly the Cat coaches and fans would act differently if this happened against NAU in Bozeman.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:01 am

Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Clearly the Cat coaches and fans would act differently if this happened against NAU in Bozeman.
Fans? Probably not.
Coaches? I certainly hope so.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:20 am

91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Fans? Probably not.
This!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:51 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Fans? Probably not.
This!
Yes!!!

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:38 pm

91catAlum wrote:

No wonder Cookus was going nuts leaving the field. On Skyline Sports in Kyle Samples' article he has captioned a Jason Bacaj photo with "UM senior Connor Strahm thanks NAU QB Case Cookus for getting himself ejected". The photo shows a grinning Strahm patting an already angry Cookus on top of his helmet.

No further comment required.

mt jack
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mt jack » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:12 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
No wonder Cookus was going nuts leaving the field. On Skyline Sports in Kyle Samples' article he has captioned a Jason Bacaj photo with "UM senior Connor Strahm thanks NAU QB Case Cookus for getting himself ejected". The photo shows a grinning Strahm patting an already angry Cookus on top of his helmet.

Refresh my memory....was Strahm the Griz player that lost his cool during the Cat - Griz game last season? Something went down but I'm not remembering the specifics.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

NAU @ UM

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:20 am

mt jack wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:

Refresh my memory....was Strahm the Griz player that lost his cool during the Cat - Griz game last season? Something went down but I'm not remembering the specifics.
Yes, I think that's the one. I don't remember the specifics either (someone on here will), but we rewatched the game and there were several plays he should have been flagged for. I do know he is the one that Murray ended up sitting on in the end zone at the end of his cartwheel touchdown!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:38 am

mt jack wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:

Didn't lose his cool, but early in the Cat griz game last year he got in the face of our TE who had just false started on 4th and 2. Strahm was repeatedly pointing in his face, and saying something of course, and he got called for personal foul, taunting. So what would've been a 4th and 7, and a punt, became a first down for the Cats, and we ended up scoring on that drive and tying up the game at 7-7.

There were also a few other borderline plays he could've been called for, such as a late hit on Murray, tugging on Murray's leg after the flip TD causing him to fall... There's an old thread about all his dirty tactics from last November.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:04 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

So Kyle's "tongue in cheek" comment and interpretation trumps all? Are you really that naive? When I saw the pic, I saw Strahm saying "this rule sucks buddy, better luck next time". Who knows if that was the comment or if what Kyle said (as a joke) was the comment. None of us know but Cookus and Strahm.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:15 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

So Kyle's "tongue in cheek" comment and interpretation trumps all? Are you really that naive? When I saw the pic, I saw Strahm saying "this rule sucks buddy, better luck next time". Who knows if that was the comment or if what Kyle said (as a joke) was the comment. None of us know but Cookus and Strahm.
That's true, none of us know. But Strahm's reputation is the reason people do not give him the benefit of the doubt. And can you blame them??

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:01 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

That's true, none of us know. But Strahm's reputation is the reason people do not give him the benefit of the doubt. And can you blame them??
The kid definitely has a rap and he very well may have been talking some ******. But when you look at the picture, I don't really see anything aggressive or manipulative. When Kyle posted that, it truly was him being funny or joking. I guess I'm just surprised that someone took it that serious. If I knew how to post the picture I would. I'll see if I can find the Twitter Link.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Here is the link to the pic

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:56 pm

The griz should be thanking their lucky stars that such a stupid play was called. I doubt the QB spends much time practicing blocking. Changed the whole dynamic of the game. Cookus was carving their secondary up. He doesn't get kicked out NAU wins going away. But it is what it is and that is a W.

GO CATS!!!

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:44 pm

canyoncat wrote:The griz should be thanking their lucky stars that such a stupid play was called. I doubt the QB spends much time practicing blocking. Changed the whole dynamic of the game. Cookus was carving their secondary up. He doesn't get kicked out NAU wins going away. But it is what it is and that is a W.
At the same time, everyone seems to forget the Griz used their 4th string QB, lost their starting RB, and were without their starting stud safety. Everyone is quick to bring up how the Cookus ejection Hurt NAU so badly but no one wants to recognize how depleted the Griz were and still earned a big win. It should go both ways. There aren't many teams who could win Amy FCS game on their third and fourth string QBs. Stitt has had that problem every year. It's almost eerie.

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:52 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
canyoncat wrote:The griz should be thanking their lucky stars that such a stupid play was called. I doubt the QB spends much time practicing blocking. Changed the whole dynamic of the game. Cookus was carving their secondary up. He doesn't get kicked out NAU wins going away. But it is what it is and that is a W.
At the same time, everyone seems to forget the Griz used their 4th string QB, lost their starting RB, and were without their starting stud safety. Everyone is quick to bring up how the Cookus ejection Hurt NAU so badly but no one wants to recognize how depleted the Griz were and still earned a big win. It should go both ways. There aren't many teams who could win Amy FCS game on their third and fourth string QBs. Stitt has had that problem every year. It's almost eerie.
I honestly don't think it would have mattered if Jensen was playing or not. It would have been closer, but Cookus is far away the better QB of the two at this point. As stated in my first post, it is still a win, so it doesn't matter.

GO CATS!!!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
That's a valid point to some extent, but no one will ever mistake any of the UM QB's for Cookus.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:24 pm

The Griz won and that is all that matters. The Cats can now take them out of the playoff picture (like last year) with a win in Bozeman! \:D/ \:D/

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
No kidding!!! That Stitt is an offensive genius! 44 passing yards for the game with 18 wide receivers on the roster. You guys should give him a lifetime contract extension.