Griz Justin Strong Arrested for Assault

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Griz Justin Strong Arrested for Assault

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:06 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:It's the headline of a Pullman newspaper article. Tweeted by Skyline sports less than an hour ago.

WSU athlete injured; Montana football player charged

Strong is going to be hard to defend imo.
Then that was very poorly worded as it came out late last night along with the other articles which blatantly said there were no charges yet. They probably should have said arrested as opposed to charged. He hasn't been charged yet.
charged (updated 3 hrs ago)

http://dnews.com/sports/wsu-athlete-inj ... e9cd8.html
This article was out last night with the same exact misleading heading claiming he was charged in the title. When it says updated three hours ago the title has not changed from last night just the body of the paragraph with more details. This reporter is using the word charged instead of arrrested.

Griz best writer literally just tweeted that strong has not been formally charged in spite of conflicting stories. Sheriff office in Pullman wants to interview more eye witnesses.

read the affidavit, he is toast and you know it, he confessed to assault while claiming self defense
I'm not defending him, but I am waiting for all the facts to come out before I say he's 100% guilty. I'm also giving the facts as opposed to the stories of coma and charges already happening that you guys keep jumping to. If he was the aggressor and created all the issues, then don't let the door hit you on the way out. If other facts come out I'd like to hear those first.

It's tough to say though as all reports say this other guy started it, and it sounds like Strong finished it. Mix in eye witnesses who were possibly drunk or friends with the other party vs no eye witnesses (yet) for Strong. Also mix in officer said Strong was not intoxicated. So at this point its wait and let all the factual info come out as opposed to jump to conclusions.

I do think charges will officially be brought though (if the party decides to press charges) and he will go through the justice system accordingly. May have played his last games for the Griz.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:Strong just went from booked to charged.
Not according to Griz beat writer....updated details here. This is the most up-to-date report that I'm aware of and as of this rolling out moments ago it doesn't sound like there are any formal charges yet. Also, I'm hearing this person is not in a coma as some of you keep reporting.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/police ... 8.amp.html
Where are you hearing he's not in a coma? Not saying you're wrong, just curious what your source is. Thanks in advance.
I personally know two Griz players and one coach. I've asked all three if the other person is in a coma and their responses were similar and along the lines of "not that we are aware of". (Didn't hear back from one of the three). I also found it interesting in the most recent article I posted it stated that the party did not want the media to be updated of his condition. Not sure if that came directly from the other party or his family. If direct, that would obviously clear up any confusion.

From all I know at this point, there have been no formal charges filed yet. Also, the arresting officer said strong was not intoxicated.

It makes zero difference if the guy was in a coma or not. the fact that he was severely injured by Strong, (and perhaps his cohorts) had to be transferred to a larger hospital, and is still in the hospital today is evidence enough that it was a serious trauma. The medical community will release him as soon as he is ambulatory as they never keep anyone longer than needed. Strong is done- get over it, or just keep spinning you fairy tale until you think you have made your weak ass points valid, which aint gonna happen.

:coffee:

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Not according to Griz beat writer....updated details here. This is the most up-to-date report that I'm aware of and as of this rolling out moments ago it doesn't sound like there are any formal charges yet. Also, I'm hearing this person is not in a coma as some of you keep reporting.

Where are you hearing he's not in a coma? Not saying you're wrong, just curious what your source is. Thanks in advance.
I personally know two Griz players and one coach. I've asked all three if the other person is in a coma and their responses were similar and along the lines of "not that we are aware of". (Didn't hear back from one of the three). I also found it interesting in the most recent article I posted it stated that the party did not want the media to be updated of his condition. Not sure if that came directly from the other party or his family. If direct, that would obviously clear up any confusion.

From all I know at this point, there have been no formal charges filed yet. Also, the arresting officer said strong was not intoxicated.

It makes zero difference if the guy was in a coma or not. the fact that he was severely injured by Strong, (and perhaps his cohorts) had to be transferred to a larger hospital, and is still in the hospital today is evidence enough that it was a serious trauma. The medical community will release him as soon as he is ambulatory as they never keep anyone longer than needed. Strong is done- get over it, or just keep spinning you fairy tale until you think you have made your weak ass points valid, which aint gonna happen.

Read my post above before hemorrhaging. And my response on the coma was a response to 91 who asked a question on it.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Read my post above before hemorrhaging. And my response on the coma was a response to 91 who asked a question on it.
Not sure I saw “all ya guys” making allegations of a coma. Seriously, you need to get a life. Are you just here to make sure us Bobcat fans have all the facts? I guess you are acting like his attorney to make sure that he doesn’t get a bad rap over here... pathetic. Don’t you have something better to do? You might want to spend more time at ejizz clearing up the facts over there.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:It's the headline of a Pullman newspaper article. Tweeted by Skyline sports less than an hour ago.

Then that was very poorly worded as it came out late last night along with the other articles which blatantly said there were no charges yet. They probably should have said arrested as opposed to charged. He hasn't been charged yet.

This article was out last night with the same exact misleading heading claiming he was charged in the title. When it says updated three hours ago the title has not changed from last night just the body of the paragraph with more details. This reporter is using the word charged instead of arrrested.

Griz best writer literally just tweeted that strong has not been formally charged in spite of conflicting stories. Sheriff office in Pullman wants to interview more eye witnesses.

read the affidavit, he is toast and you know it, he confessed to assault while claiming self defense
I'm not defending him, but I am waiting for all the facts to come out before I say he's 100% guilty. I'm also giving the facts as opposed to the stories of coma and charges already happening that you guys keep jumping to. If he was the aggressor and created all the issues, then don't let the door hit you on the way out. If other facts come out I'd like to hear those first.

It's tough to say though as all reports say this other guy started it, and it sounds like Strong finished it. Mix in eye witnesses who were possibly drunk or friends with the other party vs no eye witnesses (yet) for Strong. Also mix in officer said Strong was not intoxicated. So at this point its wait and let all the factual info come out as opposed to jump to conclusions.

I do think charges will officially be brought though (if the party decides to press charges) and he will go through the justice system accordingly. May have played his last games for the Griz.
you say that the other guy started it but that isn't necessarily true.

After the altercation in the house the other guy ran, Strong pursued and that switched Strong to the aggressor and the other guy to the defender. Both sides agree on this series of events.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

grizpack
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizpack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:35 pm

It really doesn't matter if he is "guilty" yet or not. If he is "charged", he will be immediately dismissed from the team, pursuant to the Code of Conduct. No real wiggle room. No due process involved here.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:06 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Not sure I saw “all ya guys” making allegations of a coma. Seriously, you need to get a life. Are you just here to make sure us Bobcat fans have all the facts? I guess you are acting like his attorney to make sure that he doesn’t get a bad rap over here... pathetic. Don’t you have something better to do? You might want to spend more time at ejizz clearing up the facts over there.
Imagine that it seems I have triggered another episode from the resident snowflake. You realize in one breath you blast me for being on bobcat nation and posting here and then in the next breath you say I should spend more time cleaning up E-Griz which is obviously proof that you spend plenty of time over there. Hypocrite much Ace? Do you try to be this ****** retarded or does it come naturally?

Grizlaw
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Grizlaw » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:06 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

After the altercation in the house the other guy ran, Strong pursued and that switched Strong to the aggressor and the other guy to the defender. Both sides agree on this series of events.
I don't necessarily agree with your logic, but let's set that aside for the moment. If, as you argue, Strong became the aggressor when he chased the guy out of the house, and then he lost the guy and "cooled down" (as one version of the story says he did), and then he encountered the guy again, and the guy "balled his fists" and showed signs of aggression at that point, then wouldn't your logic dictate that the WSU guy (again) became the aggressor at that point?

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:23 pm

Grizlaw wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

I don't necessarily agree with your logic, but let's set that aside for the moment. If, as you argue, Strong became the aggressor when he chased the guy out of the house, and then he lost the guy and "cooled down" (as one version of the story says he did), and then he encountered the guy again, and the guy "balled his fists" and showed signs of aggression at that point, then wouldn't your logic dictate that the WSU guy (again) became the aggressor at that point?
In that scenario, it's possible Strong could argue self defense. But that scenario is all taken from Strong's statement, which is likely to not be the whole truth, since Strong has a vested interest in covering his ass, and the fact that his statement doesn't match up with any of the 3 eye witness statements in the police report.

The witnesses describe the incident with statements like these:

"After the suspects were done they ran... and fled in a vehicle...

They had been looking for Meyring and someone found him and said That's Him...

She saw Strong and the male with dreadlocks hitting Meyring multiple times while on the ground...

Meyring turned and put up his open handed palms...

Meyring was running to get away from the males and was not trying to fight them when they reached him...

"

These are from witnesses who have nothing to gain by lying. Not to mention, we haven't seen the statement from the victim himself, which is not going to match Strong's words either.
Last edited by 91catAlum on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:30 pm

What a horrendous, unfortunate, grotesque and unnecessary incident. The thought that this kid may have permanent brain damage, his assailant could be going to jail for a long time in the midst of a promising career and future, the image of how it went down and whatever the most likely lame reason for it all is incredibly disheartening.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:52 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Grizlaw wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

In that scenario, it's possible Strong could argue self defense. But that scenario is all taken from Strong's statement, which is likely to not be the whole truth, since Strong has a vested interest in covering his ass, and the fact that his statement doesn't match up with any of the 3 eye witness statements in the police report.

She saw Strong and the male with dreadlocks hitting Meyring multiple times while on the ground...

Meyring was running to get away from the males and was not trying to fight them when they reached him...

"

These are from witnesses who have nothing to gain by lying. Not to mention, we haven't seen the statement from the victim himself, which is not going to match Strong's words either.
All valid points and hard to argue any of those. However, all those points you listed are accounts from WSU students and quite possibly his friends. I saw someome mentioned one of those witnesses is from the WSU track team. I'm guessing this person would absolutely stick up for his/her friend. That is why they are trying to find witnesses from Strong's side to get additional info. I think once they have that they are going to formally charge him or move on. Those same witnesses also stated that Strong was put in a head lock or punched in the head and was cut near the eye and had a bloody lip. You didn't seem to include that.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Grizlaw wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

"

All valid points and hard to argue any of those. However, all those points you listed are accounts from WSU students and quite possibly his friends. I saw someome mentioned one of those witnesses is from the WSU track team. I'm guessing this person would absolutely stick up for his/her friend. That is why they are trying to find witnesses from Strong's side to get additional info. I think once they have that they are going to formally charge him or move on. Those same witnesses also stated that Strong was put in a head lock or punched in the head and was cut near the eye and had a bloody lip. You didn't seem to include that.
Yes, if one of the witnesses was the victim's friend, then you certainly take their statement with a grain of salt, just like you would Strong's statement or any statement from his friends. But that probably doesn't discount all 3 witnesses. Yes they are all WSU students but Strong and his 2 friends were wearing WSU clothing according to the statement, so if the witnesses are WSU students, that really has no bearing.

Yes they did say he was put in a headlock. I didn't read anything about Strong being punched, is that in the report? But that all has very little bearing on whether the serious injury occurred due to self-defense or not. The injury occurred later on, in a different location, under different circumstances. That's why I didn't include it. The question isn't "did the victim do anything to deserve it earlier in the night", the question is "was Strong acting in self-defense when the victim sustained his injury."

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:23 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Imagine that it seems I have triggered another episode from the resident snowflake. You realize in one breath you blast me for being on bobcat nation and posting here and then in the next breath you say I should spend more time cleaning up E-Griz which is obviously proof that you spend plenty of time over there. Hypocrite much Ace? Do you try to be this ****** retarded or does it come naturally?
Guess how many times I have posted at Egriz - ZERO! Don’t have a username over there. That is a big difference from your loserville actions. Just on this thread you have posted about 14 times. Seriously, what are you trying to prove? Is it so important that you have to make sure a Griz athelete is getting a fair shake on Bobcat Nation? Pathetic!! Like I said before, keep posting away! You are a classic example of the arrogant egotistical Griz fan. You make yourself look stupid.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:25 pm

91,yep you're right, which is where I think he'll definitely find himself being charged. I think initially it was 100 percent self defense but as soon as the guy ran away then self defense went out the window. Seems the threat is removed at that point. I've seen pics of the other party. He is a large dude who throws for the WSU team. I'm surprised he supposedly ran away. Many of the stories coming out seem very strange to me. I am also hesitant to take witness statements as 100% certainty, as one of the witnesses said Strong was Marcus Strong's cousin (wrong) and that the other players played for Montana St (wrong unless they skipped the NoCo game) haha

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Grizaddict wrote:91,yep you're right, which is where I think he'll definitely find himself being charged. I think initially it was 100 percent self defense but as soon as the guy ran away then self defense went out the window. Seems the threat is removed at that point. I've seen pics of the other party. He is a large dude who throws for the WSU team. I'm surprised he supposedly ran away. Many of the stories coming out seem very strange to me. I am also hesitant to take witness statements as 100% certainty, as one of the witnesses said Strong was Marcus Strong's cousin (wrong) and that the other players played for Montana St (wrong unless they skipped the NoCo game) haha
I agree, I don't see how he won't be charged. Whether he's found guilty or not, who knows, he may have enough to make a case. But there certainly seems to be enough to charge him.

It does seem weird that the kid ran like that. Maybe he was alone and realized Strong had friends and had him outnumbered. Who knows, maybe he had a moment of clarity, realized he could lose his track scholarship, and decided to get away from the situation. We'll know why he ran, once the police get his statement (if it's released publicly).

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:42 pm

The really sickening thing about reading that affidavit and it seriously almost made me sick to my stomach was that Imani Moronkola confused our football program with Montana State.

That is nauseating and it really is the most disgusting part of this whole ordeal.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:15 pm

If Strong's version of events is true, he really hurt himself by talking to law enforcement. There should only be one word any person every says to law enforcement: Lawyer.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:46 pm

Cledus wrote:If Strong's version of events is true, he really hurt himself by talking to law enforcement. There should only be one word any person every says to law enforcement: Lawyer.
Agreed........but hes gonna end up with one anyway. His story is ******.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:31 am

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:01 pm

Confirmed that two other Griz players were with Strong:

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/bi ... e-breaking