Um having a bakesale to send their band to cat/griz

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Um having a bakesale to send their band to cat/griz

Post by cats2506 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:51 pm

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Um having a bakesale to send their band to cat/griz

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:22 pm

I don't understand why they need hotel rooms. It's no problem to get to the stadium a few hours early from Missoula and return after the game. That would save on meal costs, too.

No wonder they are having budget problems.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:38 pm

GOfundmeGRIZ!

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:47 pm

I don't understand Haslam says it costs $25,000 to send them but the GFM is only for $5000

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:03 pm

Why don’t they just ask their daddy?

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:45 pm

It's my understanding he just donated $10 million to the university for a new building for teachers or some kind of teaching program. Everyone's effing geeked for some reason.

Donations to MSU are related to STEM and business and now missoula county lock up decided their path to Shambhala is to compete against MSUB.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:05 am

It appears that their GoFundMe goal has been surpassed. Good, having the Griz band in the Stadium for Cat/Griz enhances the atmosphere.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:13 am

Agree.

I’d like them to play a song or two together. That’d be impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GetEm_Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by GetEm_Griz » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:48 am

People have really been throwing this thing out of proportion. People have been crying, "So we can build a $14 million dollar building for football but can't afford to bus the band to Bozeman?" People don't know how this stuff works. The Champions Center was all funded by private donations, which means any donation for the project was only to be used specifically for that project. People then cry, "How about the Washington family stand up and actually donate to Academics for once instead of just football!" Well Einsteins... they just donated $10 million to the College of Education. :roll: I keep telling people to put their money where their mouth is and donate to the band themselves instead of telling other people how they think they should donate their own money.

The band used to stay overnight at Fairmont Hot Springs, but I believe as of a few years ago they just drive back to Missoula after the game and make a day trip out of it. The stay at Fairmont Hot Springs was kind of a nice way for the band to hang out after the game, an "end-of-the-season" party for all the hard work they put in. So it used to cost around $25,000 for the band to make the trip, but now it's closer to about $17,000. That price includes transportation, game tickets, and food.

It looks like the GoFundMe is now close to $6,000 in raised donations. Hopefully the GMB will be able to go to the game. That's one of the better things about the rivalry is having both bands at the game.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:03 pm

Agreed. Get your band to Cat-Griz or drop to Division II. I'm donating. Wtf?

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:30 pm

GetEm_Griz wrote:People have really been throwing this thing out of proportion. People have been crying, "So we can build a $14 million dollar building for football but can't afford to bus the band to Bozeman?" People don't know how this stuff works. The Champions Center was all funded by private donations, which means any donation for the project was only to be used specifically for that project. People then cry, "How about the Washington family stand up and actually donate to Academics for once instead of just football!" Well Einsteins... they just donated $10 million to the College of Education. :roll: I keep telling people to put their money where their mouth is and donate to the band themselves instead of telling other people how they think they should donate their own money.

The band used to stay overnight at Fairmont Hot Springs, but I believe as of a few years ago they just drive back to Missoula after the game and make a day trip out of it. The stay at Fairmont Hot Springs was kind of a nice way for the band to hang out after the game, an "end-of-the-season" party for all the hard work they put in. So it used to cost around $25,000 for the band to make the trip, but now it's closer to about $17,000. That price includes transportation, game tickets, and food.

It looks like the GoFundMe is now close to $6,000 in raised donations. Hopefully the GMB will be able to go to the game. That's one of the better things about the rivalry is having both bands at the game.
Yes, I agree that people might not fully understand "How things work", but make no mistake about it... it looks really stupid to the outside world. The Griz program beats their chest about having a brand new multi million dollar Champions Center, the best stadium and facilities in all of FCS, yet there is a go fund me account on Facebook to scratch together enough money to send the marching band to the best rivalry football game in the nation? :shock:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:43 pm

I think it is a appropriate.
Most of their team is baked.......... [-X

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:06 pm

GetEm_Griz wrote:People have really been throwing this thing out of proportion. People have been crying, "So we can build a $14 million dollar building for football but can't afford to bus the band to Bozeman?" People don't know how this stuff works. The Champions Center was all funded by private donations, which means any donation for the project was only to be used specifically for that project. People then cry, "How about the Washington family stand up and actually donate to Academics for once instead of just football!" Well Einsteins... they just donated $10 million to the College of Education. :roll: I keep telling people to put their money where their mouth is and donate to the band themselves instead of telling other people how they think they should donate their own money.

Since the Washington family has been the catalyst for so much growth at UM, I think they should change the university name to the Unversity of Washington. Oh wait...that is already taken. My bad.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:53 pm

So jelly.............. :coffee:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com