Cougs get hammered!

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Cougs get hammered!

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:29 am

Cal really came ready to play. Looks like they picked off 5. Falk was under pressure all the first half before I turned off the game. He also fumbled twice.
No longer ranked number 8!

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cougs get hammered!

Post by Cledus » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:47 am

Didn’t see that coming.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:07 am

I bumped into it at the start of the game. WSU ran the opening kickoff back for a TD which was called back via penalty. Cal WAS ready and it looked to me like they had studied the Bobcats defensive playbook. Deep secondary setup kept the air raid from going deep plus Cal was able to harass Falk forcing him to move around and dump to the short routes. Like the Bobcat game he was something like 9 for his first 9 which took them to nowheresville. Anyway, I think the Cougs saw what is coming defensively next week from who ever they are playing and need to find solutions.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:57 am

Wondering if this might change feelings about how "bad of a team" Weber is according to some posters. And will this give both Weebs and the CATS a boost. A win this weekend and the Cal/Cougs outcome can only help the CATS.???

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:49 am

RickRund wrote:Wondering if this might change feelings about how "bad of a team" Weber is according to some posters. And will this give both Weebs and the CATS a boost. A win this weekend and the Cal/Cougs outcome can only help the CATS.???
Seems the Cougs getting hammered can't help the Cats. Does make Weber look better tho'.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:I bumped into it at the start of the game. WSU ran the opening kickoff back for a TD which was called back via penalty. Cal WAS ready and it looked to me like they had studied the Bobcats defensive playbook. Deep secondary setup kept the air raid from going deep plus Cal was able to harass Falk forcing him to move around and dump to the short routes. Like the Bobcat game he was something like 9 for his first 9 which took them to nowheresville. Anyway, I think the Cougs saw what is coming defensively next week from who ever they are playing and need to find solutions.
Yup, except Cal's front 4 could actually get pressure on Falk. Falk is not good under pressure.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast