Griz dirty?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Griz dirty?

Post by PapaG » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 am

Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/916845406092369921
That's just embarrassing. What a classless punk.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:40 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Yep and I loved that too, especially after these comments leading up to game from Phenecie:

“We’re playing the flagship team in the conference,” said Phenicie during a weekly press conference in a very sarcastic tone. “They have the best facilities. They have the offensive genius as a head coach. They come out of the tunnel with all these neat flags. And we’re just lucky to be on field with them. Like I said, we’re just poor little Idaho State, and we don’t have a big old stadium. Our stadium is old, and they’ve got this neat double-deck. We’re just lucky to play them. That’s all. We’re going to go out and give our best, and hopefully keep it close.”
You loved the Griz coach looking like a coward, only to then talk sh*t about Phenecie from the safety of Missoula? I think it's hilarious and so Stitt. He's a sh*t-talker, but only from hundreds of miles away.

I'm still waiting for the Griz to put up 80 on Gregorak's defense. Man, the Griz defense has sure fallen apart since Ty left.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:09 am

PapaG wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Yep and I loved that too, especially after these comments leading up to game from Phenecie:

“We’re playing the flagship team in the conference,” said Phenicie during a weekly press conference in a very sarcastic tone. “They have the best facilities. They have the offensive genius as a head coach. They come out of the tunnel with all these neat flags. And we’re just lucky to be on field with them. Like I said, we’re just poor little Idaho State, and we don’t have a big old stadium. Our stadium is old, and they’ve got this neat double-deck. We’re just lucky to play them. That’s all. We’re going to go out and give our best, and hopefully keep it close.”
You loved the Griz coach looking like a coward, only to then talk sh*t about Phenecie from the safety of Missoula? I think it's hilarious and so Stitt. He's a sh*t-talker, but only from hundreds of miles away.

I'm still waiting for the Griz to put up 80 on Gregorak's defense. Man, the Griz defense has sure fallen apart since Ty left.
Did Stitt ever say that publicly? I heard the 80 points thing too, including Kyle Sample. Just curious if you know.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:25 am

PapaG wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

It's so interesting what bias does to perspective. As a Cat fan you see this one way. As s Griz fan, I see it very differently.

Stitt talked no ****** at all. Phen talked it all week leading up to the game. This handshake was Stitt's way of saying "f you, thanks for all your ****** talking this week, and it was great to come into your house and win". Shaun Rainey reported the Griz players applauded it and cheered when they saw the video on the bus. Many players tweeted their support of Stitt and how he handled it calling their coach a savage. So we will have to agree to disagree that it was cowardly.

He was asked his thoughts on all of it in the presser and he answered perfectly in my opinion. Saying once you're a head coach you've gotta act like a head coach was perfect. Would you rather he didn't answer or address it? He was definitely the adult out of the two. Phen made himself look really bad.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:44 am

GA once again misses the point entirely. I don’t see anybody defending Phen’s actions. Instead, we are laughing at Stitts terrified reaction as he sprints away from that handshake. Hilarious!!!

Also the irony for Griz fans to criticize Phen’s actions when you had Hauck acting the exact same way. Let’s build statues for Hauck but it is not acceptable for another coach to act that way. So you want them to act like a head coach??? 90% of Griz land would lake that douche Hauck back in a second.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:09 pm

Cataholic wrote:GA once again misses the point entirely. I don’t see anybody defending Phen’s actions. Instead, we are laughing at Stitts terrified reaction as he sprints away from that handshake. Hilarious!!!

The hypocrisy of Griz fans to criticize Phen’s actions when you had Hauck acting the exact same way. Let’s build statues for Hauck but it is not acceptable for another coach to act that way. So you want them to act like a head coach??? 90% of Griz land would lake that douche Hauck back in a second.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:40 pm

Cataholic wrote:GA once again misses the point entirely. I don’t see anybody defending Phen’s actions. Instead, we are laughing at Stitts terrified reaction as he sprints away from that handshake. Hilarious!!!

Also the irony for Griz fans to criticize Phen’s actions when you had Hauck acting the exact same way. Let’s build statues for Hauck but it is not acceptable for another coach to act that way. So you want them to act like a head coach??? 90% of Griz land would lake that douche Hauck back in a second.
Like I said earlier, it's what's funny about perspective. This was an FU from Stitt and nothing else. I loved it.

Try this on for size, Stitt talks an enormous amount of unprofessional ****** about the Cats and take personal shots at Choate the week leading up to Cat Griz game. Cats roll into Missoula and put it to the Griz for a win. Choate meets Stitt at midfield and does this exact handshake and heads to celebrate with his team.

Now would Choate be a coward in this situation or terrified for that matter. Hell no you guys would have had a Catgasm over it and beat your chests about how awesome your coach is. If you say otherwise uou are 100 percent full of ****** and you know it.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:56 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Like I said earlier, it's what's funny about perspective. This was an FU from Stitt and nothing else. I loved it.

Try this on for size, Stitt talks an enormous amount of unprofessional ****** about the Cats and take personal shots at Choate the week leading up to Cat Griz game. Cats roll into Missoula and put it to the Griz for a win. Choate meets Stitt at midfield and does this exact handshake and heads to celebrate with his team.

Now would Choate be a coward in this situation or terrified for that matter. Hell no you guys would have had a Catgasm over it and beat your chests about how awesome your coach is. If you say otherwise uou are 100 percent full of ****** and you know it.
C'mon man. Who would be the one to tuck tail and run in that situation. It wouldn't be Choate.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Grizaddict wrote:

That might be true. And you'd be talking about what a classless doosh Choate was.
Perspective goes both ways.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:11 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

C'mon man. Who would be the one to tuck tail and run in that situation. It wouldn't be Choate.
Jizzaddict has no sense of reality. First off, To claim that turning tail with a panicked look and sprinting away was a “FU” to Phen is a joke!!! Keep Posting your drivle jizzaddict! It is gold!!! The scenario above is just as comical. I don’t see Choate backing down to the clown jester of offense.

You are notorious for not answering questions posed to you (like the one above or the one “why do you spend so much time at Bobcat Nation”). Why is Hauck loved by Griz Nation but Phen is despised for the same type of comments? Hypocrisy?? I would say YES!!!!

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:50 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

That might be true. And you'd be talking about what a classless doosh Choate was.
Perspective goes both ways.
I think that's a fair statement and plays to the perspective piece I was taking about. I personally wouldn't think Choate was a douche in that scenario, but I know many in Griz Nation would. I personally would feel like I can't blame Choate there if Stitt treated him that way. Excaclty how I feel with Stitt not giving Phen the time of day or any respect whatsoever, as Phen didn't deserve it.

El Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by El Griz » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:27 pm

This thread has turned into nothing more but an opportunity for the "all bobcat" fans to post something negative about the Griz. As a Griz fan I am still 50/50 on Stitt's off field actions while at U of M. We will see how that plays out. For now, 1) the hand shake was perfect for what has happened between the two teams coaching staffs. 2) Griz dirty this year? I have watched a lot of games and I see them as middle of the pack, they have been much dirtier in other years. 3) Phen brought it on himself, actually provoked it and as someone else said, I would have no problem if Choate played it the same as Stitt did.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:57 pm

El Griz wrote:This thread has turned into nothing more but an opportunity for the "all bobcat" fans to post something negative about the Griz. As a Griz fan I am still 50/50 on Stitt's off field actions while at U of M. We will see how that plays out. For now, 1) the hand shake was perfect for what has happened between the two teams coaching staffs. 2) Griz dirty this year? I have watched a lot of games and I see them as middle of the pack, they have been much dirtier in other years. 3) Phen brought it on himself, actually provoked it and as someone else said, I would have no problem if Choate played it the same as Stitt did.
Great post, totally agree. I have no idea if the Griz play dirtier than other teams or what. Judging from Stitt's words and tone I get the feeling he likes to push the envelope a bit there but as long as they stay within the rules who cares? I would also add however, that you certainly don't want to have the reputation of being a team that plays durty, cheap shots, etc. because that typically doesn't end well. Here is what a former Bengal Player said about this on the Bengal Board.

"Felt the need to create an account to address this. My football career at ISU ended a couple years ago, so I played against the Griz while Stitt was the coach. And I can attest to the fact that they are absolutely a dirty team on the field. While stuff is always happening at the bottom of piles I can say for a fact that Montana and Weber are the two worst teams in terms of being scumbags on the field. I would put them right up there with BYU in how dirty their players are. Stitt claiming his team doesn't talk or do cheap shots either makes him totally out of touch with his team, or a liar.

Montana is always going to be arrogant. They've been the big fish in the Big Sky for a long time and their players have some self entitlement in thinking they are above the law. And that has shown with their team on and off the field.

http://bigskyfans.com/bengals/viewtopic ... c110415e10

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:12 pm

catatac wrote:
El Griz wrote:This thread has turned into nothing more but an opportunity for the "all bobcat" fans to post something negative about the Griz. As a Griz fan I am still 50/50 on Stitt's off field actions while at U of M. We will see how that plays out. For now, 1) the hand shake was perfect for what has happened between the two teams coaching staffs. 2) Griz dirty this year? I have watched a lot of games and I see them as middle of the pack, they have been much dirtier in other years. 3) Phen brought it on himself, actually provoked it and as someone else said, I would have no problem if Choate played it the same as Stitt did.
Great post, totally agree. I have no idea if the Griz play dirtier than other teams or what. Judging from Stitt's words and tone I get the feeling he likes to push the envelope a bit there but as long as they stay within the rules who cares? I would also add however, that you certainly don't want to have the reputation of being a team that plays durty, cheap shots, etc. because that typically doesn't end well. Here is what a former Bengal Player said about this on the Bengal Board.

"Felt the need to create an account to address this. My football career at ISU ended a couple years ago, so I played against the Griz while Stitt was the coach. And I can attest to the fact that they are absolutely a dirty team on the field. While stuff is always happening at the bottom of piles I can say for a fact that Montana and Weber are the two worst teams in terms of being scumbags on the field. I would put them right up there with BYU in how dirty their players are. Stitt claiming his team doesn't talk or do cheap shots either makes him totally out of touch with his team, or a liar.

Montana is always going to be arrogant. They've been the big fish in the Big Sky for a long time and their players have some self entitlement in thinking they are above the law. And that has shown with their team on and off the field.

http://bigskyfans.com/bengals/viewtopic ... c110415e10
How Griz fans are taking this
https://youtu.be/tpGnt0otbjo

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber